Unable to configure weapons in ME created mission - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
Pilou

Default Unable to configure weapons in ME created mission

Hello,

When I create a mission with an A-10C in the mission editor, I can't load the weapon configuration from the DTS. The stations remain red with invalid configuration after the load ALL (or load DSMS). This is the case whether I configure a loadout in the mission editor or leave it empty and ask the ground crew for rearming.
It is also not possible to manual configure the loadout. Certain options are missing from the inventory page. For instance, with AGM-65s on pylon 3 or 9 the option to configure the appropriate rack is missing.
Strangely if I place the master arm switch to training, the stations have the right loadout configured (but profiles are still missing).

How to reproduce:
- DCS openbate (latest but the same thing happened with the previous version)
- Create an empty mission on Caucas map with an A-10C at Kobuleti
- Select a loadout
- Fly the mission (or prepare the mission)
- Load the DTS
- go to DSMS page and set to ARM

What am I missing?
Pilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

The culprit is most certainly "Prepare Mission".

When that feature is used on a mission, DCS saves a lot of settings into the mission file.

Open your mission file with WinRar or WinZip or 7zip or whatever; the .miz is really just a zip archive.

You will most certainly find a bunch of folders named after various aircraft systems.

Delete all folders except "l10n" ("localization") from the zip archive, load the mission again and it'll work.

I've heard of cases where the same problem occurred, but players swear they never used "Prepare Mission" on that mission file. The fix is the same, remove all those folders from the mission file and you're good to go.

To avoid the problem altogether, don't use "Prepare Mission" at all. (Maybe it would work when the loadout is entirely empty, not sure).

Either that, or players have to rearm the exact same loadout that was used during mission creation; I think at least in that case a DSMS Reload should work.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:22 AM   #3
Dagger71

sounds strange. share the mission here so we can look at it.
Dagger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:03 AM   #4
Andy1966

Hi, A .trk file would help, but I am going to presume you are doing a cold start. with the A-10, if you don't set a load out at mission start, or change the load out, before you load the DTS, the plane wont recognize the weapons, and they will be red. so go to the INV or inventory page and tell the airplane what weapon are on which pylon. then it should work.
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:09 AM   #5
Kid18120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1966 View Post
Hi, A .trk file would help, but I am going to presume you are doing a cold start. with the A-10, if you don't set a load out at mission start, or change the load out, before you load the DTS, the plane wont recognize the weapons, and they will be red. so go to the INV or inventory page and tell the airplane what weapon are on which pylon. then it should work.
OP clearly stated that the loadout is set in ME

Simming since 2005
My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA GTX1070 FTW, Corsair HX850
Kid18120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:59 AM   #6
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilou View Post
Hello,

When I create a mission with an A-10C in the mission editor, I can't load the weapon configuration from the DTS. The stations remain red with invalid configuration after the load ALL (or load DSMS). This is the case whether I configure a loadout in the mission editor or leave it empty and ask the ground crew for rearming.
It is also not possible to manual configure the loadout. Certain options are missing from the inventory page. For instance, with AGM-65s on pylon 3 or 9 the option to configure the appropriate rack is missing.
Strangely if I place the master arm switch to training, the stations have the right loadout configured (but profiles are still missing).

How to reproduce:
- DCS openbate (latest but the same thing happened with the previous version)
- Create an empty mission on Caucas map with an A-10C at Kobuleti
- Select a loadout
- Fly the mission (or prepare the mission)
- Load the DTS
- go to DSMS page and set to ARM

What am I missing?
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can you repeat the problem and when you exit the mission during the debrief window save the track replay and attach it here.

Thank you
Old 12-03-2019, 06:27 PM   #7
Silversmith

If its a cold start remember you have , as part of the startup' to LOAD the mission details using the LOAD MFD page (Use the load ALL mfd button on the LOAD mfd page.. that will load everything including weapons config and Flight plan from the mission file ). You also have to do this is you land and rearm/refuel during a mission. If the LOAD MFD page is not assigned to a menu button you can reconfigure the buttons to show it. It works for me every time. I see you imply that you did indeed use the LOAD page, if so I'm puzzled why it isn't working.

Last edited by Silversmith; 12-03-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Silversmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
Silversmith

Thats interesting.. just tried one of my old missions which has always worked fine.... Now it DOES NOT LOAD THE WEAPONS CONFIG wht first time I do a LOAD ALL from the DTS LOAD page. (Open Beta latest release). However if I REPEAT the DTS Load (have to reconfig the MFD buttons to give access to the LOAD MFD page again) the 2nd time I LOAD ALL it works correctly.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:52 PM   #9
Silversmith

Repeated the same mission on the STABLE version and it works correctly. So seems to be an issue related to the latest Open Beta release?
Old 12-04-2019, 03:20 AM   #10
daarseth

There are some issues that arise when the date of the mission is set prior to a certain date.... Possible that is the conflict?

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
daarseth is offline   Reply With Quote