Flight model and other early impressions - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-20-2019, 05:59 PM   #141
зБД

https://mash-xxl.info/page/110006211...1241176247039/
зБД is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #142
Hoffster

Hard for non russian readers to see what was in that link?
Hoffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:51 PM   #143
зБД

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffster View Post
Hard for non russian readers to see what was in that link?
мое мнение - Гироскопический момент от вращающегося ВМГ или ТРД не рассчитывается в DCS...
зБД is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:00 PM   #144
freemind_fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroGimp View Post
- There is something VERY off for rudder/yaw modeling - aircraft should require an increasing amount of right rudder when speed increases, the model requires left rudder which is literally the exact opposite of real life observations further if requested.
Sorry for asking if the answer is in this threat, but isn’t a right turning tendency normal for a counterclockwise turning prop?

Different, western engine?
freemind_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #145
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by зБД View Post
мое мнение - Гироскопический момент от вращающегося ВМГ или ТРД не рассчитывается в DCS...
Это неправильное мнение.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #146
Bourrinopathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemind_fly View Post
Sorry for asking if the answer is in this threat, but isn’t a right turning tendency normal for a counterclockwise turning prop?

Different, western engine?
AcroGimp is probably referring to the adverse yaw tendency at higher speeds. Same engine in his plane - counter-clockwise rotation.

The Yak has probably been tweaked since his latest impressions.

The ball is not centered at 170 kph (ball slightly right) and 300 kph (ball further right).
The plane requires some right rudder correction at any speed (so I'm assuming the trim tab is still not set at any value by default - both aileron and rudder trim set to zero in the Special options - it should be possible to set a rudder trim tab for a specific speed now).

Beyond that, I'm not a pilot so I'll avoid any conclusions.
I love that little plane (and I'm extremely grateful AcroGimp shared his impressions and videos!)
(and hopefully, we'll get more updates along the way)

Last edited by Bourrinopathe; 12-02-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Bourrinopathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:03 PM   #147
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourrinopathe View Post
AcroGimp is probably referring to the adverse yaw tendency at higher speeds. Same engine in his plane - counter-clockwise rotation.

The Yak has probably been tweaked since his latest impressions.

The ball is not centered at 170 kph (ball slightly right) and 300 kph (ball further right).
The plane requires some right rudder correction at any speed (so I'm assuming the trim tab is still not set at any value by default - both aileron and rudder trim set to zero in the Special options - it should be possible to set a rudder trim tab for a specific speed now).

Beyond that, I'm not a pilot so I'll avoid any conclusions.
I love that little plane (and I'm extremely grateful AcroGimp shared his impressions and videos!)
(and hopefully, we'll get more updates along the way)
Special options set additions to the default factory setting of the trim tab. You can obviously see the non-neutral rudder position due to default setting.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:59 AM   #148
Bourrinopathe

Thanks for the clarification Yo-Yo!