VEAO Spitfire Mk XIV Dev Diary

Pman

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question though: Didn't the real RN218 have a much lighter...

Our resources indicate that a lot of these machines were transferred from the ETO to SEAC. A full repaint was not possible due to time constraints so the existing ETO markings were simply over painted and new roundels / squadron codes applied. The colours I have used are the standard ETO grey / green colours to reflect this. If you have any information to contradict this, I'd love to see it! :)

Edited by VH-Rock

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Our intention to to have our sound engineer on site with the real deal recording the sounds live for the module :)

Pman

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That has to be a fun day at work! And so much better for the final product. Out of interest, for a sound recording such as this, will they take it all of the way through the power range? Very much tethered of course..

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

That has to be a fun day at work! And so much better for the final product. Out of interest, for a sound recording such as this, will they take it all of the way through the power range? Very much tethered of course..

Very much depends on the aircraft but most of the modern warbirds won't ever use full power to preserve the engine.

Pman

Very much depends on the aircraft but most of the modern warbirds won't ever use full power to preserve the engine.

Pman

Yeah, this was my thinking. So out of interest, if they don't go up to 100% power, can you make up the extra range digitally to a similar standard?

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Yeah, this was my thinking. So out of interest, if they don't go up to 100% power, can you make up the extra range digitally to a similar standard?

It can be done, I do have access to some ground running engines that they do thrash as they are no longer of airworthy condition.

Our sound engineer will work his magic

Pman

• 1 month later...
Wow.

I wasn't really interested in getting a late war Spitfire, but i'm getting REALLY tempted right now....

One question though: Didn't the real RN218 have a much lighter paint camo?

It's all on the previous page mate

Im not sure i couldnt answer that buddy

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team
VEAO entrusted us with some cockpit screenshots. Thanks guys !

http://www.twomoreweeks.net/index.php/spitfire-xiv-cockpit-screenshots/

Note : Early screens are quite rare from them after all the criticism they received - please show respect in your comments :)

Textures are too white... everyone is fired! :D

Looking good boys... I always said that you cant have too many Spits in DCS :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Textures are too white... everyone is fired! :D

Looking good boys... I always said that you cant have too many Spits in DCS :)

Not a problem to have too much spits. Bf 109 K4 pilots will have much more to shot down. :megalol::megalol:

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

Didn't take more than 10 hours for the first hater to comment some comment... :sad:

Edited by NineLine

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Very nice shots! Even the optical distortion (light breaking) when looking at cockpit parts through the gunsight glass is modeled!

Remember those shots are renders NOT in-sim shots. DCS cant handle refraction etc do unfortunately it's unlikely the gunsight glass will look as good as these WiP shots.

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing that I am willing to share at this stage as per our WIP policy I am afraid

Maybe in May

Pman

Oh, now this is great news. Muchos y' thankos PMAN for this note.

Didn't take more than 10 hours for the first hater to comment some comment... :sad:

Just saw this too and added my own comment in an effort to swing the quotient towards the supportive... whatever.

silly folks need no encouragement so I'll stop there .... I'd expected more comments but I guess there's not much to say ... other than the obvious proof the project is on the go ... which is fantastic!

You can have it....saves me in Nandos bills!!!

I had to look up Nando's on wikipedia. Next time I'm in the UK, Pman is gettng an all-free, all-you-can-eat Nando's dinner, you're also invited Ells :D.

We have no Nando's in Holland and since I'm a chicken meathead myself, I 'll simply have to sample the things Nando's can provide for me......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo