[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Trim switch stuck

Reflected

As soon as I lift off the ground I can't trim the plane properly. I press the trim nose up button for half a second and the virtual switch remains pushed for 2 seconds thus trimming the plane fully nose up. When on the ground it works as it supposed to. But in the air it gives the Dora a huge handicap for me. I can't trim the plane , say, one mark nose up or down, only with the mouse, but that's not really possible in a dogfight. Anyone else has this problem?

Works OK on my PC. Just checked in both 1.5.7 and 2.1.1. (Nevada) "free flight" missions, with trim switch assigned to keyboard.

I've got a THW, though, maybe some new bug for FFB sticks users has been introduced with today's patch.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

flying only fw190 ww2. other than observing new massive bugs during the normandy release phase i didn t observe a change in the trim behaviour. maybe its only hardware combination related, as mentioned before.

have u tried to assign it to an other device?

As soon as I lift off the ground I can't trim the plane properly. I press the trim nose up button for half a second and the virtual switch remains pushed for 2 seconds thus trimming the plane fully nose up. When on the ground it works as it supposed to. But in the air it gives the Dora a huge handicap for me. I can't trim the plane , say, one mark nose up or down, only with the mouse, but that's not really possible in a dogfight. Anyone else has this problem?

Check the trim forces on pitch axis and inverse them.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Check the USB xHCI and eHCI hands-off in BIOS/UEFI.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

tested that yesterday with my hotas. operates as it should, i am not observing any trim switch stuck.

have u changed any usb ports, added some usb things or so since it behaved normal?

i remember that i had some problems with my rig when i added a second rift sensor (racing pedals got stucked)

tested that yesterday with my hotas. operates as it should, i am not observing any trim switch stuck.

have u changed any usb ports, added some usb things or so since it behaved normal?

i remember that i had some problems with my rig when i added a second rift sensor (racing pedals got stucked)

I got a brand new PC, that's when it started :(

Not sure what else I can do.

I think it's a waste of time to delete settings under ...Saved Games. If the settings are wrong then that would show both on the ground and in the air. Something behaves differently when you are in the air and you need to look for the root cause of that difference in behaviour.

I have no knowledge of how FFB sticks affect this behaviour; but you said that it was fine with your old PC. So I wonder if the problem lies in the way your FFB stick works with the PC.

Try to get your hands on a non-FFB stick just for a test. If it works ok with a "normal" stick then you know you have to look into your FFB stick set-up.

I see that there is a check box for "Force Feedback under Options / Misc. Have you ticked that?

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 5 months later...

Any news on this? I've done complete reinstalls, repairs, but the problem prevails. It has nothing to do with HOTAS, FFB or anything. Even if I assign those 2 commands to my keyboard, they get stuck when used airborne. Only airborne. I press the trim nose up button for 1 sec, and the switch in the virtual cockpit remains deflected for 4-5 seconds, thus trimming the plane's nose all the way up., and vice-versa. Is it really only me?

Didnt have this kind of a Problem, at least for me it is working as intended...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27