Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he flies the a10 and finds the throttle equivalent to the number of hats and three position switches / sliders.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I think that the features that we'll miss most is the lack of slew and other 4 way hat. I hope that the mechanisms and the sensors works in a good line, because the Warthog throttle lack in terms of synchronism between the levers, sometimes one gives 1 or 2% of difference on the RPM.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

I've noticed the travel sensitivity on the warthog throttle too. There's times when one throttle gives a little less or more than the other. I've had no problems with my slew on mine although I know many people hate it.

Hopefully virpil will make some changes to the t50 that has the slew.

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I've noticed the travel sensitivity on the warthog throttle too. There's tomes when one throttle gives a little less or more than the other. I've had no problems with my slew on mine although I know many people hate it.

Hopefully virpil will make some changes to the t50 that has the slew.

Funny that I had my Warthog throttle since 2014 and just notice the problem only with the F-18 when I was looking on the IFEI :lol:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Funny that I had my Warthog throttle since 2014 and just notice the problem only with the F-18 when I was looking on the IFEI
That's exactly how I noticed too. But it could also be the way the software registers the guage rpm's.

That's exactly how I noticed too. But it could also be the way the software registers the guage rpm's.

I don't think so man, because I tested with the A-20 on IL-2 BoS and other prop planes and you can notice the problem too, try it the F2 vision on DCS and pay attetion to your RPM on that info bar. Also using the DIView you can notice a great difference between the two throttles.

In one version of MMJoy2 firmware (for ATmega32u4) MegaMOZG (Virpil firmware developer) implement a system like in X-55 throttle - in what when throttle grips are locked together both axes are mixed and the same response send for each engine, so no difference between engines acceleration. Maybe he use the same in VPC Throttle...

HOW ABOUT WE GET AN UPDATE PLEASE????

Well over $1500 invested and all I hear is crickets!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Maybe you shouldn't spend $1,500 on something that doesn't exist yet? Wait, Chris Roberts called he has some jpgs for you ))) And I know a televangelist selling prosperity seeds =D

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Maybe you shouldn't spend $1,500 on something that doesn't exist yet? Wait, Chris Roberts called he has some jpgs for you ))) And I know a televangelist selling prosperity seeds =D

You've got a good point here :megalol:

p.s I pre-ordered, but money is not a factor at all in my case - they offer no questions asked refunds too.

They do exist, just annoyed at the lack of communication!

Oh and btw don't give up your day job!!

Edited by MustangSally

They do exist, just annoyed at the lack of communication!

No, they don't have a product. If they would they would ship it. They've snt a couple of samples to youtubers to generate more pre-orders (this is going to backfire, badly, though)

Seriously, what sort of communication do you expect besides tracking number/shipping confirmation? Nothing else is relevant or needed at this point.

Do you want to read more excuses and have another 2 months delay confirmed? Because this is what is going to happen if there is any communication besides an email in your inbox from a courier.

Edited by mdee

I give up!

@mdee

True words. The what's and wherefores don't really matter much at this point. I'm waiting, too, first on VKB, now on Virpil and Slaw. Such is the way of the pre-order. If you order something that is not in stock and ready for shipping RIGHT THEN this is the risk you take. Whether the delay is due to the factory manager having a baby, a tsunami, or whatever, end result is the same.

Tracking number or bust :p

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Do you want to read more excuses and have another 2 months delay confirmed? Because this is what is going to happen if there is any communication besides an email in your inbox from a courier.

The Warthog throttle was released in 2010. Some of us have been waiting years for a better throttle to come along. If you can't wait another few weeks, either get a refund and pick up another throttle, or e-mail Virpil directly and get a status update from them. Coming on the forums and complaining about it is like complaining to us that your Amazon order didn't arrive on time and expecting us to do something about it.

Nobody likes delays, but they're a reality of life. Virpil wants to release the throttle just as much as we want to receive them, but they're unable to meet the release timeline and thus need extra time to resolve the hold-up. Acting like an entitled brat isn't going to speed anything up.

Edited by Ranma13

lol, they're not answering emails. Also my bet is the largest chunk of their business by a good margin comes from people who browse this forum and whats more they know it and monitor regularly; I know I would. A more likely answer is that business as usual over there means you don't answer when you have nothing on the shelf and so they're not. I would also say that people who have handed over cold cash in exchange for promised goods ARE in fact entitled to an explanation when those goods have not shipped as promised.

The Warthog throttle was released in 2010. Some of us have been waiting years for a better throttle to come along. If you can't wait another few weeks, either get a refund and pick up another throttle, or e-mail Virpil directly and get a status update from them. Coming on the forums and complaining about it is like complaining to us that your Amazon order didn't arrive on time and expecting us to do something about it.

Nobody likes delays, but they're a reality of life. Virpil wants to release the throttle just as much as we want to receive them, but they're unable to meet the release timeline and thus need extra time to resolve the hold-up. Acting like an entitled brat isn't going to speed anything up.

Oh a white knight, hello.

My Amazon orders always arrive on time, if they don't I get my money back, thanks for your concern tho. Even if they wouldn't I'd not expect you to do anything about it, based on how submissive you are sounding. Thanks again for chipping in and raising awareness of this screw up - this is the reason I post about it.

Edited by mdee

Well, I asked Ralfidude on Twitter to help us about this matter and this is what I got. Virtually the same thing over and over again. :music_whistling:

Capturar.jpg

Capturar.jpg

Standard two weeks == soon reply we are all used to. Well at least it's something to hope for next week and I just got in from vacation so this week is almost over!

Question for me is do I have them change my address on my order or will I get my preorder before November you think?

Edited by sze5003

Thanks for the effort GriffonBR. Yeah, same old. We will see next week. I've placed my order the hour they have opened orders, I'll report back as soon as anything moves. Not keeping my hopes up tho.

There is an explanation: it's been delayed. If you think that's unacceptable, then get a refund and purchase another throttle.

This.

And what I don't get is why bitch to the manufacturer of a high quality item to hurry up with production? I'd prefer the good folks at Virpil to take their time and put out a good product rather than rushing it.

This.

And what I don't get is why bitch to the manufacturer of a high quality item to hurry up with production? I'd prefer the good folks at Virpil to take their time and put out a good product rather than rushing it.

I agree with you. However, we live in a world where people want it now, or last week, rather than later. I'm willing to wait, if anyone isn't they can ask for a refund.