TGP target lock problems

NightstalkerNOR

I'm having a couple of issues with the A10' TGP in DCS 2.0.

First, the view in the MFD when selecting the TGP is restricted due to the corners beeing greyed out. It the same as in this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=154233

Second, when I have found a target, the TGP does not lock on in point mode. It seems that the focus point is focused a bit above the target itself, as if I've slewed the TGP to a waypoint that is not in ground altitude, but maybe at 100 feet above the target.

This also means that when circling around the target, it loses the target in the MFD picture due to the focus point....not focusing.

I hope you have any suggestions for me.

PS: I see that there is a dedicated forum for bug reporting. If admins could move the thread to it, that would be great.

Edited by NightstalkerNOR

Have you tried running repair? I had similar issues, and it looks like there were some errors when I first updated to 1.5 from 1.2. The repair option deleted obsolete files, and installed new runtimes. (Which the updater should have done, but apparently did not) Once I repaired, all was well, other than the FLIR problems that has been already widely reported. I can't speak to 2.0, as I don't have that installed.

Here's the post about using command line options. Including the repair option.
Edited by Scratchy
More info

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Intel i7-8700K @4.9Ghz | 32Gb memory DDR4 | Evga GTX 1080ti | Saitek Eclipse keyboard |

Logitech Mx518 | CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedales | TIr5 | Win10 x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The target lock only works when you fly inside a certain angle towards your target. If you are flying, for example, at 90º from target direction (TGP looking 3 o'clock) it does not lock.

This is not the issue with my case. I am flying within the attack angle of the TGP. The issue is as stated above, limited view in the MFD and the TGP not focusing on ground level.

Thanks Scratchy, I will check it out

• 2 months later...

Update to this problem:

I think I now have figured out the issue with this.

With the TGP on, and the TAD on normal 160 range (?) everything is normal.

However, when adjusting the TAD to look more forward, with 240 range, the TGP image suddenly slews down, as if the TAD image is "pushing" the TGP image out of the MFD frame.

The attached images demonstrates this. Please check both left and right MFDs.

Screen_160420_224642_zpso7vzzabo.jpg

Screen_160420_224649_zps9ceazxff.jpg

Any ideas?