[REPORTED] Jet Blast Deflector rises without aicraft on catapult - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 02:32 PM   #11
Alphamale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange_666 View Post
If you radio for take-off without being on that catapult it's raised for phantom aircraft: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217954
What about the landing then? Why are they up when I was landing? And asking for launch permission has never raised the deflectors before even when I was in parked area....maybe I'm thinking of Engine startup, but the landing is still curious

Last edited by Alphamale; 08-11-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #12
Talonx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderOne View Post
I think the takeoff request command and the "U" (? the one you use after hooking to the shuttle) command are linked.
This
Old 08-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #13
Alphamale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeStorm View Post
Rising oof the jet blast deflectors is coupled to the radio command reqeusting launch. First attach to catapult then radio.
It should be the other way around...the flight deck should not respond to Request for Takeoff, unless you're attached to the cat..IRL, they wouldn't raise the deflector if there was nothing to launch...now if the phantom jet has already been listed as a bug, then fine....otherwise, it is one
Old 08-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #14
pimp

Have you tried the Abort Takeoff command? The deflector lowered once I called for an abort takeoff.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #15
Alphamale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp View Post
Have you tried the Abort Takeoff command? The deflector lowered once I called for an abort takeoff.
Yes, I have tried that and it lowers the JBD...but that doesn't answer the question of what was the JBD doing up when I came in for a landing? Forget the raising of JBD when asking for permission to take off, for just a moment and focus on why in the hell was a deflector UP when I was landing??? TWICE ... just watch the videos
Old 08-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #16
Lange_666

Send a message via ICQ to Lange_666

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp View Post

Yeah, twice, didn't work. No deck crew in sight either to lower it. Maybe on strike?
System: Win10 Pro 64-bit, CPU: I7-4770K @ 4.6 GHz, Cooling: Corsair H100i, Motherboard: AsRock Extreme4, Video: Gigabyte GTX-780 OC WindForce 3GB, RAM: 16 GB
Corsair Vengance 2133, SSD's: Samsung EVO 120GB & EVO 250GB, HD: Samsung 1TB, Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Cougar (U2 mod) & CH Pro pedals, TrackIR4
Lange_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #17
Alphamale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange_666 View Post
Yeah, twice, didn't work. No deck crew in sight either to lower it. Maybe on strike?
Why do I have the image of deck crew, hand cranking this down, in my head? I'll wager, there's a button that does this
Old 08-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #18
Alphamale

This is the same bug I reported, WITH a track file I might add...but there was no acknowledgment...but not only was the JBD being raised when calling for launch, it was also UP when I was landing on the carrier....much more important to remove this
Old 08-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #19
Talonx1

I’ve never seen one up when I landed but if your on a server it may be caused by someone making it happen and not being respectful enough to others to put it back down. In my experience, you can issue the “abort takeoff” call and it will go back down. That or very carefully position yourself in front of it and launch. It’ll go down after launch.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #20
NineLine
Community Manager

Ok, guys, I have reported this. Thanks!
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote