F18 MFD exports now work with a very quick tweak.

Cowboy10uk

Bones I think what you need to change is in the IFEI_init.lua and add to line to get it to export again.

And maybe put the file in your DCS savegames directory so it doesn't get overwriten next time there's an update.

Try this (By Capt Zen by the way) :

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("F18_IFEI")

I think you can put it almost anywhere in that file, so try at the end of the file.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon all. I need some assistance if anyone is willing....

I have the Cougars and I have the second monitor that was recommended.

Created the .lua file and the MFD's export and appear as planned.

In Windows 10 I have the second monitor set up and can move the mouse back and forth between the two even when flying DCS.

The issue is that I can not get the MFD's to appear on the second screen. I moved them down slowly and have the left MFDat the very bottom on the main cockpit screen but it doesn't show on the secondary monitor. I can put my mouse on it and pull straight down and the mouse appears but the MFD now.

My DCS resolution is set at 3840 x 2160

I'm sorry to bother y'all with this but I'm stumped and after 5.5 hours of trying resolution changes and such and I am getting nowhere.

Any wisdom is appreciated

The easiest way would be to set your second monitor right of you main monitor in windows- side by side, 1 - 2

Can you please tell me what are the resolution of your two monitors ?

Also, be aware of something. In windows 10, if your two monitors are running different refresh rates (let's say 144hz for the main and 60hz for the second) you are going to have stuttering- it just happened to me and I had to purchase a second monitor in 144hz.

Anyway, tell me you two resolutions and I will help you set this up

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• 1 month later...

Hi Capt Zeen:

Need your input once again. I'm trying to get my FA-18 RWR to export and am having major difficulties doing so. I'm attaching my .lua script below. Would you kindly give it a once over to see if I'm missing something. I've got my monitor setup working well with other exports so I don't believe that's the issue. Your help is appreciated. Anyone else is free to chime in as well. Thanks in advance.

Mike

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.8

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.4

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

opacity_sensitive_materials =

{

"font_RWR",

"RWR_STROKE"

}

-------PAGE IDs-------

id_Page =

{

PAGE_OFF = 0,

PAGE_MAIN = 1,

PAGE_BIT = 2

}

id_pagesubset =

{

COMMON = 0,

MAIN = 1,

BIT = 2

}

page_subsets = {}

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.COMMON] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."TEWS/indicator/RWR_ALR67_COMMON_page.lua"

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.MAIN] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."TEWS/indicator/RWR_ALR67_MAIN_page.lua"

page_subsets[id_pagesubset.BIT] = LockOn_Options.script_path.."TEWS/indicator/RWR_ALR67_BIT_page.lua"

----------------------

pages = {}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_OFF] = {}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_MAIN] = {id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.MAIN}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_BIT] = {id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.BIT}

init_pageID = id_Page.PAGE_OFF

use_parser = false

--- master modes

RWR_ALR67_OFF = 0

RWR_ALR67_MAIN = 1

RWR_ALR67_BIT = 2

pages_by_mode = {}

clear_mode_table(pages_by_mode, 2, 0, 0)

function get_page_by_mode(master,L2,L3,L4)

return get_page_by_mode_global(pages_by_mode,init_pageID,master,L2,L3,L4)

end

pages_by_mode[RWR_ALR67_OFF][0][0][0] = id_Page.PAGE_OFF

pages_by_mode[RWR_ALR67_MAIN][0][0][0] = id_Page.PAGE_MAIN

pages_by_mode[RWR_ALR67_BIT][0][0][0] = id_Page.PAGE_BIT

--Capt Zeen mod

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("F18_RWR")

--

So, back to the blurry/unreadable exports, it looks like the new SA page symbols are totally unreadable on my exported display, like those symbols are controlled by a different lua file than where everything else was adjusted to be readable, if that makes sense. Anyone figure out a fix?

Still don't understand why these F/A-18 displays are handled totally differently than all the other modules. Seems ridiculous that these become unreadable at larger resolutions and on exports without tweaks :doh:

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Hi all:

Has anyone got a fix on how to export the RWR. Again, see above .lua for your review. All help welcomed.

play with this:

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 15.0 -- 0.8

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 5.0 -- 0.4

... go there:

INPUT / OUTPUT

Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212725&highlight=MDG

you will find

IMPROVING THE LINES QUALITY IN THE EXPORTED VIEWPORTS

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=117

Mapi

• 2 weeks later...

Mapi you're the best. I applied your thickness and fuzziness numeric to my RWR.lua and it popped right up in the exact coordinates I had set in my 2 monitor lua (although I'm missing the threat rings). I now have all five exports working (2xDDI's, AMPCD, IFEI and, RWR). I just completed a trap landing, taxied along side the other two Hornets adjacent to Cat 1, popped the canopy, engaged HUD Only and, just sat there for in my modest pit for about 15 minutes - just taking it all in. This OG got a triple OG. Now I have to continue to find a fix for the text/font blurriness of the AMPCD in Map view. However, my fonts are perfect when I get out of Map view and enter the SA page. Still hoping for a fix of this issue. Been going over so many threads, posts, youtube videos and everything else I can lay my eyes on - that at this point I'm numb. Time for a break. But again, thanks a bunch for your guidance.

Mike (Mad Max)

So, back to the blurry/unreadable exports, it looks like the new SA page symbols are totally unreadable on my exported display, like those symbols are controlled by a different lua file than where everything else was adjusted to be readable, if that makes sense. Anyone figure out a fix?

Still don't understand why these F/A-18 displays are handled totally differently than all the other modules. Seems ridiculous that these become unreadable at larger resolutions and on exports without tweaks :doh:

I agree

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone point me if I can make the background of the exported MDIs black and opaque?

Has anyone found a solution?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excuse please my bad English. Write please slowly, so that I can understand you.;)

I7-X980Extreme*18GB*Zotac GTX680-4GB*27"+3 10"Touchscreen, TM Warthog

• 1 month later...

A quick question, I am already exporting the left and right DDI's for the hornet And I was wondering if it was possible to modify the lua so I could toggle the AMPCD on and off over one of them so as to not have to buy another screen and another Cougar controller. I only ask because I noticed that the Harrier exports are a toggle button and was wondering if this was possible in the Hornet.

Edited by Miasma

YEP.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found that these settings in the RWR init file made my exported RWR readable again. However, it makes the in game cockpit RWR symbols almost invisible. I chose to have my exported one work.

D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\indicator\RWR_ALR67_init.lua

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.08

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.03

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

If it worked perfectly... what's the fun in that? :joystick:

• 4 weeks later...

I am using two TM cougar MFD's with two 8" screens behind them. My DDI exports are working but the DDI's in the cockpit are now black, as if turned off. How do I correct this? Thank you in advance. This only occurs in stable DCS. In open beta, they repeat.

1367960325_F18NoDDI.thumb.jpg.89fcda0d4a18038c4bbbb8e614919a84.jpg

Edited by GreatWhiteHype
Attached pic for clarity