Mission 2 issues

Managed to end this mission, but after ending it, its says I had a 30 percent score. I can't remember damaging any cargo though. Also, after ending it, it says two flown missions, then proceeding with the campaign, it just starts mission 1 all over. What did I do wrong? Forgot to save a track ofc :/ I did you time compression and might have not held formation at times, flew too high or low ... could it be that?

Edited by RabidRider

Managed to end this mission, but after ending it, its says I had a 30 percent score. I can't remember damaging any cargo though. Also, after ending it, it says two flown missions, then proceeding with the campaign, it just starts mission 1 all over. What did I do wrong? Forgot to save a track ofc :/ I did you time compression and might have not held formation at times, flew too high or low ... could it be that?

This happened after the last update?

There was a complete mission update one week ago (BETA only as far as i know) because of this behavior. The problem shud be solved with that update.

If not, you need to change the LUA campaign file by yourself to 100 points or start the missions as a single mission over the Mission Editor.

If you play the sable version of DCS, the update shud be out in the coming week.

Please let me know if you still have the issue after the update.

Many thanks and have fun.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 month later...
Mssion 2 is very annoying. I managed to deliver all cargos over the reiver before wolf1 go to swim, And then in the tango bravo point, wolf 1 did not land. it just tried to land more about 30minutes.

I set bushes 950 and below to 0. nothing happened.

I just tested it again.

The issue is solved in the beta for weeks and in the stable since Friday's major update.

So please make sure you updated your DCS.

So no issues even with max. graphic settings at my system.

Just on thing may cause a problem any way that's your own aircraft. If you to close during approach and landing it may be your aircraft that triggers the AI collision warning and prevent them from landing.

AI Helicopter landing away from airports or helipads are always a challenge and takes hours during mission building for any single landing, but it is much more realistic than these pretty ugly helipads. So we still committed to the grass landings even if they cause some, let's say "inconvenience". But if there is a demand from the customer's side we will use helipads for more reliable AI behavior.

So please let me know what's your opinion regarding this issue.

Of cause, we are also interested in anybody's opinion in regard to that issue. So please let us know, what has a higher priority for the community.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

More Time bey WOLF 1 with the next update

Internally we already updated mission 2. So WOLF 1 will make an even steeper approach at the power station. The distance to the river will increase, so it takes more than 10 minutes bevor the AI is sliding into the water.

This small improvement will come together with the next major update of the campaign, where we add Waypoint markers to the F-10 chart in addition to the information already available at the kneeboard.

We are very limited on landing spots and the direction of the landing because the AI will always land into the wind and in that case downslope towards the river. But any changes in wind direction in that mission will prevent the AI from landing at the Controlpost Tango/Bravo.

The Mission Documentation, still missing for any reason, will according to ED be added with the next major Beta update. In the meanwhile, you get it on our DISCORD.

https://discord.gg/F2w2NvA

Always happy landings ;)

Well, my wish would be that ED would ask some mod creators if they can include the mods into DCS because there are e.g. pretty nice helipads out there (just to show an example)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3302094/

Seriously, I think it's quite annoying when you have to disable all the mods when you want to create a mission for "everybody". Then you start to notice what kind of stuff you're missing.

To stay on topic though; as long as it's working without the DCS helipad, I'd leave it as it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Still having issues with mission 2

Firstly!

I'm loving the campaign.

I just flew the 2nd mission and was half way through slinging the cargo across the river when the mission just ended......

I checked tacview and it seems that Wolf1 died. I do not understand why.

Just wanted to give you the heads up, there is still issues with this mission.

Well done on the campaign, the level of detail is very impressive.

I am looking forward to finishing the rest of the campaign.

Firstly!

I'm loving the campaign.

I just flew the 2nd mission and was half way through slinging the cargo across the river when the mission just ended......

I checked tacview and it seems that Wolf1 died. I do not understand why.

Just wanted to give you the heads up, there is still issues with this mission.

Well done on the campaign, the level of detail is very impressive.

I am looking forward to finishing the rest of the campaign.

Greetings to down under and many thas for the feedback :thumbup:

Unfortunate on relies upon, and any update since ED always missed the mission documentation. Please download it from here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255720

Ther is a DCS related problem with helicopter AI's on the ground sliding even minor slops down. In this case, WOLF 1 is sliding into the river.

This is an additional time-sensitive task for the player because you need to finish bevor Wolf 1 get's wet skids after about 8 min.

Two ways to solve that problem.

You need more practice with sling load to get the task done within the time limit :cry:

or

You skip the task. Refer to the documentation "Mission 2 Cargo transport issue" :book:

If you struggle with some LZ or missing information in other missions, refer to the Kneeboard during flight. Move with the left arrow on the keyboard to the Mission Description.

On the End, you find sometimes a top-secret section where are some important pieces of information are stored the may have spoiler character and only should be used when necessary

Using our DISCORD in addition we may be able to react faster next time. :pilotfly:

Have a lot of fun :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks!

Thanks for the feed back.

I managed to get all the cargo across before wolf 1 slid into the river.

However the mission did not progress. I waited a while and eventually landed next to the HUMVE.

Unfortunately just not in time before Wolf one went for a swim.

Ill give it another go....

When finished the task you need to land close to Wolf 1 as ordered.:music_whistling:

I decided to make a major change in that mission. So the task will be canceled by Peter bevor the time collapse and the mission will continue without getting WOLF 1 wet on the skids.

For that reason, I will also adust the counting system, so in Mission 2, 100 Points only possible with all the loads transported. But with less then 100 you will still progress to mission 3.

It will be up to the player, to decide how much time he invests in that mission for 100 points.

These changes I'm working on right now applies to the next campaign update, hopefully in the early days of January 2020.

many thanks for your feedback

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

As already mentioned, before release, during testing, time was no issue to mission 2, so we've been surprised by our arrogance. Sorry about that, but because it's our first campaign, these are some of the things we have to learn. :book:

In the past 2 weeks, we already spend over 40 hours in changes and testing for Mission 2

The new version is ready inhouse and will be transmitted to ED in the coming days, so it will be hopefully released in early January.

- landing spots for the AI slightly changed

- The time limit for task two is now clearly pointed out (about 20 minutes)

- Peter will end the task bevor WOLF 1 is gliding into the water, because of the time restrictions.

- We also added many more voiceovers especially to task 2

- Broken Cargo will be pointed out with an additional text message, and if a transport mission is failed you get informed about that fact as well-remembered to the options remaining.

For all they have still issues with WOLF 1 AI, refusing to land at TANGO BRAVO. After Task two you will be able to skip the Mission and continue with the mission 3

The standard Huey Cargo lightly flips over at slops by or after deliverance, so we changed it to a second container.

All of the missions will be retested. And if necessary, changes will be made according to the feedback that we get from you and others.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 months later...

For all they have still issues with WOLF 1 AI, refusing to land at TANGO BRAVO. After Task two you will be able to skip the Mission and continue with the mission 3

The standard Huey Cargo lightly flips over at slops by or after deliverance, so we changed it to a second container.

All of the missions will be retested. And if necessary, changes will be made according to the feedback that we get from you and others.

I flew it today and my problem is that Wolf 1 never took off from Tango Bravo. I used the work around to proceed to mission 3.

I love the missions so far and the length is amazing. Some guys like rambo style, but I am loving the elaborated mission.

Congrats,

Sydy

• 1 month later...
I flew this mission last night, and had the same problem. Wolf 1 just sat at Tango Bravo and never took off.

If the workaround is working I suggest one of the cargo is broken. But I will check that.

If you are sure there is no cargo broken, deactivate the supercarrier if installed.

Don't delete him just deactivate him bevor starting the campaign. Sounds strange? I know :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

• 8 months later...

What is actual situation about Mission 2?

When I am taking the last cargo to the hill, in half way, Wolf 1 explode near the river, "pilot is dead" appears and mission ends (about 8 minutes after Peter´s "we have fuel for 20 minutes").

I am completly sure:

1. cargo unbroken at the right spot,

2.3.4.5. cargo unbroken at the right spot in time limit,

Soldiers deployed on the hill,

6. cargo unbroken at the right spot on the hill.

I have watched this mission on YouTube 2 times and I am exactly do the same.

Very frustrating.

I will check it out as fast as possible.
The last update breaks Manny things concerning AI, and maybe this will be the case right here.
I will have an answer tomorrow. Wednesday 03.

Always happy landings ;)

@MaddenVS

Hello
I can confirm that there is a problem in mission 2. Besides newly grown trees, the ground has also changed so that the LZ is no longer level and WOLF 1 slips over time and gets contact with bushes and brambles. Unfortunately, this leads to an explosion.
I will work out a solution for this problem as soon as possible. Unfortunately, a DCS update is not expected before the end of March. Should there be another hotfix in advance, so much the better.

Thanks for reporting the problem. 

• Thanks 1

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just played Mission 2 for the first time, was so proud with myself only breaking one sling load, then watched Wolf 1 slide into the bushes in slow motion 😱  Looking forward to fix of this issue, but greatly enjoyed the first mission!

Take care,

Tobse

• 2 weeks later...

@MaddenVS
Tonight we uploaded a new version of Mission 2 and 3

We fixed several issues concerning AI Helos and slopes as well as AI ground unit wayfinding.
I am satisfied with the AI waiting in the LZ and even implementing some new ground crew.
I also implemented the Tango Bravo Checkpoint changes into Mission 3, found and fixed thereby some issues in that mission. 
AI-Mi-8 collided with new trees in the LZ also fixed. 
We expect a new BETA hotfix soon and hope you all will have much fun with the campaign again. :cheer3nc:

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I'am new to the forum and also had a problem with mission 2. After I followed the HMMVY, the troops do not come out of the forest. I restarted the mission twice. Waited in idle next to the hmmvy for a long time...nothing happened. What trigger did I missed?

@JayJoe

Hello fellow pilot.
I checked the mission in the current OpenBeta, and everything works fine for me, except that the AI HMMVY has some difficulties with wayfinding which is a DCS core problem. Do you use OpenBeta? 
The mission may be broken on an earlier OB version or the stable version. 

I made a small video of the test, where you see the Infanteri coming out of the woods during the approach to LZ 2.

Always happy landings ;)

@ CHPL

Thank you.

I forgot to mention that I am on version 2.5.6. So this mission is broken for this version? I skipped it to mission 3 after all.
I'm going to free some space on the SSD anyway and download the Open Beta.

Very good campaign, by the way. It's a lot of fun!😃