Opentrack or facetracknoir

Today I ordered DelanClip. I can't decide which software to use. What do you think, those who have experience with headtracking setups? Btw: 3 eur, which has to be payed for facetracknoir is not a game changer, especially because of authors life story...

Hi.

As a person who used FaceTrackNoIR, I recommend you to use OpenTrack strongly.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I tried Opentrack for a while, but at least on my PC the start/stop keys didnt work instantaneously (the start took about 3 seconds) and that was a dealbreaker to me since you need to stop/start the headtracking when using snapviews.

Currently I’m using facetracknoir and it works very well.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I tried Opentrack for a while, but at least on my PC the start/stop keys didnt work instantaneously (the start took about 3 seconds) and that was a dealbreaker to me since you need to stop/start the headtracking when using snapviews.

The last few pre-release versions no longer exhibit this problem for me. Opentrack is free, still being developed by the programmer, and I have used it for over two years. If you go to the Opentrack Wiki, https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/wiki, there are links to detailed methods of setting up Opentrack.

I haven't used facetracknoir in a long time. Try both and use whatever works best for you!