Wags Hornet Stick

Ohh crap...

:joystick:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Pity you're stil on Warthog throttle, any hints? ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The stick has been presented at E3 last year:

Hello my little friend.

attachment.php?attachmentid=164231&stc=1&d=1497385466

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Does anyone know if the handle will be interchangeable with the existing warthog base and handle?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Does anyone know if the handle will be interchangeable with the existing warthog base and handle?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It very much seems so.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Other than aesthetics are there any differences to the Warthog inputs? For example has it got any extra buttons or mini joystick inputs that the Warthog setup doesn't have?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

Other than aesthetics are there any differences to the Warthog inputs? For example has it got any extra buttons or mini joystick inputs that the Warthog setup doesn't have?

Actually, it has less buttons, unless TM added something extra on their own.

The only function in the Hornet that you can't map directly with Warthog stick is that the second HAT on top (next to the trim) is also a pushbutton.

EDIT: sorry, apparently this is a 4 pos switch without pushbutton, just like the DMS on the Warthog stick.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

It's only around 2 weeks until E3 and I'm guessing that's when it will be launched, although not sure how long it will be before it's available.

It'd have been nice to have had it from day 1 of the Hornet, but at least it'll be another opportunity for all of us to practise our patience skills. ;)

Actually, it has less buttons, unless TM added something extra on their own.

The only function in the Hornet that you can't map directly with Warthog stick is that the second HAT on top (next to the trim) is also a pushbutton.

EDIT: sorry, apparently this is a 4 pos switch without pushbutton, just like the DMS on the Warthog stick.

Thank you thats good information. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

Are the connectors the same for the Cougar and Warthog sticks? Wondering if this add-on would work with my Cougar.

I don't have physical hardware to examine, but I believe that if it's compatible with the WH base, it should be compatible with the Cougar base. The internals of these things are really simple -- just some parallel-to-serial shift registers! WH grips are mostly compatible with Cougar base (except the 'z'/pushbutton on the CMS hat, if I remember correctly). Since the Hornet has fewer switch positions, I believe it should be fine!

Doesn't mean they will sell it separately from a base. Look at all the wheels they have come out that are swappable on their bases, but you still have to buy a base to get the new wheel.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Are the connectors the same for the Cougar and Warthog sticks? Wondering if this add-on would work with my Cougar.

Yes, the same connector and shift register - you can use Warthog grip in your Cougar base and vice versa - one Warthog button remain non operational in Cougar base (base controller limitation).

BRD (KG-13B), VirPil and Cheeb2006 (KG-12A, IL-2 spade) use the same connector in their grips, so all are compatible in between Thrustamaster/BRD/VirPil bases.

This F-18 prototype that people are talking about certainly are just a new grip using Warthog base. Keeping the same standard the grip will be automatically compatible with Warthog, Cougar, VirPil and BRD bases.

Edited by Sokol1_br