[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Usually you have an onboard audio section on your motherboard (3,5 mm outputs on the IO-Panel).

An USB-Audio-Device like your headset is a separate external audio device, aka soundcard.

So you should be fine....

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread, moving it this one...

Got my jetseat yesterday evening, thanks for that!  Arrived pretty quickly.  Have a couple of questions based on configuring last night for the f18....

- what is the proper procedure after you make a change in one of the settings in simshaker for aviators for that change to be recognized?  Turning the effect on and off seemed to be recognized immediately, whereas changes to the intensity value seemed not to be applied immediately. Do I have to restart the mission or the seat or both or?

- several of the effects seemed to have a minimum intensity value in SSA for them to work at all.  For example, I couldn't get any feedback at all if the canopy open/close was set for less than 15.  Should I be able to feel small values all the way down to 1?

- what do the filter options do on the Special Options menu in SSA?

Thanks for you help!

On 4/6/2021 at 10:58 AM, Hiob said:

Usually you have an onboard audio section on your motherboard (3,5 mm outputs on the IO-Panel).

An USB-Audio-Device like your headset is a separate external audio device, aka soundcard.

So you should be fine....

but is it possible for DCS to push sound on BOTH device at the same time ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

24 minutes ago, FZG_Immel said:

but is it possible for DCS to push sound on BOTH device at the same time ?

I don't think that DCS is pushing to both. DCS is outputting normal sound, then is outputting events to the simshaker software, which is pushing to the second sound card.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

5 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

I don't think that DCS is pushing to both. DCS is outputting normal sound, then is outputting events to the simshaker software, which is pushing to the second sound card.

got it ! thank you !

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

8 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

correct...

simshaker utilizes the export.lua-functionality of DCS. The actual output-channel for effects can be set in the ssm.

Sometimes windows can get confused and will set the dedicated ssm-soundcard as default for the system. On that case win and DCS will attempt to play music over your buttkicker, but this can be easy set correct in either soundoptions.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Ive used buttkicker for a while but wanted to get more from it so I just got SSA and sound module installed.

I have 2 sound cards but im currently running on just one for now like always

I get the test to work 

Doesnt seem to have any effect in game and current DCS aircraft is always listed as none. But does recognize that I flew the f14

The issue is when the application is started either automatically when launching dcs or manually i the error seen in the image below

Any ideas?

Thanks

SSA.jpg

Edited by Gun Jam

1 hour ago, Gun Jam said:

Ive used buttkicker for a while but wanted to get more from it so I just got SSA and sound module installed.

I have 2 sound cards but im currently running on just one for now like always

I get the test to work 

Doesnt seem to have any effect in game and current DCS aircraft is always listed as none. But does recognize that I flew the f14

The issue is when the application is started either automatically when launching dcs or manually i the error seen in the image below

Any ideas?

Thanks

SSA.jpg

The autostart with windows feature is currently bugged. If you disable it, it should work without that error...

placed my order. just a question.

Does the products impacts DCS performances because of the export ?

26 minutes ago, FZG_Immel said:

placed my order. just a question.

Does the products impacts DCS performances because of the export ?

Not noticeably. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Does anyone that uses this with the F-14 have flaps vibration when deploying flaps for landing/takeoff, but avoid having the constant flaps vibration when the trailing edge flaps automatically go in/out during low speed maneuvers? I had to disable flaps because it was just too much in those situations. But I'd like them when I manually deploy flaps. (I have folding wings effect off for the same reason so it's not that)

Edit - also I have landing gear enabled, but don't feel anything deploying or retracting the gear in the F-14b.

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Hey...bought the Buttkicker, installed SSA, and purchased and installed the SSM.  Set it all up per instructions and everything was awesome for about two weeks then it all just stopped working.  When I test the Buttkicker with the built-in SSM test, it works but in-DCS, I get nothing.  I noticed tonight that SSA isn't starting and when I manually start it, it pops into the tray for about two seconds and then pops off.  I've seen some mention of turning off the autostart feature but I don't know how to get to that now.  I removed SSA and reinstalled it but no change...pops on....pops off.  What am I overlooking?  Any help would be appreciated...loved the immersion...

Edited by Falcon60

27 minutes ago, Falcon60 said:

Hey...bought the Buttkicker, installed SSA, and purchased and installed the SSM.  Set it all up per instructions and everything was awesome for about two weeks then it all just stopped working.  When I test the Buttkicker with the built-in SSM test, it works but in-DCS, I get nothing.  I noticed tonight that SSA isn't starting and when I manually start it, it pops into the tray for about two seconds and then pops off.  I've seen some mention of turning off the autostart feature but I don't know how to get to that now.  I removed SSA and reinstalled it but no change...pops on....pops off.  What am I overlooking?  Any help would be appreciated...loved the immersion...

Which version did you try? Might be that your antvirus software blocks the execution? Do you get any error message? There might be a log.txt in the installation folder of SSA...

Hey...thanks for responding...

Installed SSA v2.2.0...and no, not getting any error messages.  It just won't stay in the system tray.  I have it allowed through the firewall...and it worked fine for two weeks.  Here is the log for tonight...make any sense?

2021-04-13 23:39:19.9694|ERROR|SimShaker.Program|System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1. (C:\Users\timca\AppData\Local\Dream_Sim_Team\SimShaker_for_Aviators.ex_Url_jtzbnvqjzfjptneip3klw2mzbs2eehnu\2.2.0.0\user.config line 15) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 15, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Skip()
   at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(ExceptionAction action)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlUtil xmlUtil, String parentConfigKey, Boolean inLocation, String locationSubPath, OverrideModeSetting overrideMode, Boolean skipInChildApps)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(XmlUtil xmlUtil)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.RefreshSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
   at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
   at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at SimShaker.Properties.Settings.get_Starter_ShowBalloon()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.Program.Main(String[] args)

Update: So I uninstalled SSA and deleted all the associated folders (that I knew about or could find) and I reinstalled it.  It now stays open and I was able to unselect the autostart feature.  It seems to be working again... 🙂 

• Like 1

Hello 

I m currently using the latest version of simshaker 2.2.0.0

I see from the changelog that recently have been added more effects for f-18 and f-14, like wiretap, catshot and launchbar but despite I ve selected the f-18 in dcs , I dont see those options in the tab 'effect settings' of simshaker control panel, hence i cannot calibrate them . Is it normal? how is supposed to work?

thanks

After update to 2.7 I noticed that AJS 37 Viggen doesn't have any G-effects anymore. The other effects in Viggen seem to be there (didn't confirm all though). I also flew the Mirage and there the G-effects were intact.

Strange, just thought I give you a heads up.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Been googling and reading this thread for awhile, but have no fix for a .Net Unhandled Exception, related to JIT Debugging.

Have yet to find a solution. Uninstalled everything, re-installed everything (SSA and Jetseat control panel) And still getting the error as soon as I try to open SSA.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.XPlaneDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)
   at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.startSimShakerForDCSWorldToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SimShaker for Aviators beta
    Assembly Version: 2.2.2.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20Beta/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20beta.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
NLog
    Win32 Version: 4.7.8.12686
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20Beta/NLog.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4320.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.ServiceModel
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any ideas how to fix? Windows 10, everything up to date, no crazy antivirus installed.

19 hours ago, tonyStark80 said:

Hello 

I m currently using the latest version of simshaker 2.2.0.0

I see from the changelog that recently have been added more effects for f-18 and f-14, like wiretap, catshot and launchbar but despite I ve selected the f-18 in dcs , I dont see those options in the tab 'effect settings' of simshaker control panel, hence i cannot calibrate them . Is it normal? how is supposed to work?

thanks

No, your data base should be updated automatically. I see there some possible solutions:

1. you switch to the beta

2. you export your settings, write/screenshot your settings (just in case) and reset you SSA database. There is a button in the SSA settings tab

9 hours ago, frosen said:

After update to 2.7 I noticed that AJS 37 Viggen doesn't have any G-effects anymore. The other effects in Viggen seem to be there (didn't confirm all though). I also flew the Mirage and there the G-effects were intact.

Strange, just thought I give you a heads up.

Thx for the report. I'm currently working a lot, I try to schedule some time over the weekend to have a look. Did you test other planes?

2 hours ago, A2597 said:

Been googling and reading this thread for awhile, but have no fix for a .Net Unhandled Exception, related to JIT Debugging.

Have yet to find a solution. Uninstalled everything, re-installed everything (SSA and Jetseat control panel) And still getting the error as soon as I try to open SSA.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.XPlaneDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)
   at SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)
   at SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()
   at SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.startSimShakerForDCSWorldToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
SimShaker for Aviators beta
    Assembly Version: 2.2.2.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20Beta/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20beta.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
NLog
    Win32 Version: 4.7.8.12686
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SimShaker/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators%20Beta/NLog.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4320.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.ServiceModel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any ideas how to fix? Windows 10, everything up to date, no crazy antivirus installed.

Uh, that is a though one. This messages says, that SSA is unable do "bind"/"connect" to a network socket. SSA uses sockets to communicate to DCS. There are some reasons why SSA can not connect to the socket: no permission, blocked by AV, blocked by another application... I just googled around and found some website dealing with this issue. Maybe you give it a try: https://appuals.com/fix-an-attempt-was-made-to-access-a-socket-in-a-way-forbidden-by-its-access-permissions/

Edited by f4l0

works great for me, but I have a small issue/question.

One of my favorite effect is the Buffet/stall Shudders/Vortex Ring state, and it works great in the F/A-18C and the F-16, as well as in the F-5. I turn it on about 20

in the F-14, there is a small issue.  that effect keeps giving me a small vibrating input all the time.. Like its way too sensitive.  Is there a way to tweak how that effect it taken from the F-14, and maybe reduce its triggering sensitivity ?

thanks a lot !

1 minute ago, FZG_Immel said:

works great for me, but I have a small issue/question.

One of my favorite effect is the Buffet/stall Shudders/Vortex Ring state, and it works great in the F/A-18C and the F-16, as well as in the F-5. I turn it on about 20

in the F-14, there is a small issue.  that effect keeps giving me a small vibrating input all the time.. Like its way too sensitive.  Is there a way to tweak how that effect it taken from the F-14, and maybe reduce its triggering sensitivity ?

thanks a lot !

There is a filter/threshold setting in SSA which you could tweak...

Edited by f4l0

2 hours ago, f4l0 said:

There is a filter/threshold setting in SSA which you could tweak...

that is the number from 0 to 100 right ? I think that is just intensity/strenght, not a threshold. 

basically, on the F-14 its producing a constant low and repetitive vibe, even when under no AOA. 

I am missing something ?

Edited by FZG_Immel