Hard time Dogfighting MiG-15, F-86 and M2000

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

No, in MP each player's aircraft flight model runs on the client machine, not on the server. So the AFM by itself does not have CPU hit on the server.

Yeah and your computer has to calculate in real time where the enemy player is located and what his movements are, which are unpredictable unlike AI which is running on your own machine. Make a search about how CPU utilization in MP works.

Going #OFFTOPIC , sorry about that

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 1 month later...

I haven't tried dogfighting anything while flying the Hornet, but I did try dogfighting a number of different AI fighters while flying the MiG-15 (guns only). I'm not nearly an expert in the MiG-15, but it is the aircraft in which I spend a lot of my DCS time in.

My conclusion was that the MiG-15 is absolutely fantastic in that setting. The only plane with which I had difficulty was the Sabre. The others, especially the modern fighters, were a piece of cake as they were not nearly as manoeverable, even when going vertical. The WW2 fighters on the other hand were way to slow.

And although it seems easy (and probably partially accurate) to blame this on the AI, the experiences the USAF had in Vietnam vs. the MiG-17 did mirror my results. The MiG-15 / 17 is very effective in a very limited setting.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

One thing I've found to help with fighting the AI is to give them a centerline fuel tank, and restrict jettison in the ME.

This makes it so they can still turn and fight, but they have dead weight strapped to the aircraft instead of an F-1.

This helps across the board, in fc3, PFM planes like the 18C, and even the warbirbs.

One thing I've found to help with fighting the AI is to give them a centerline fuel tank, and restrict jettison in the ME.

This makes it so they can still turn and fight, but they have dead weight strapped to the aircraft instead of an F-1.

This helps across the board, in fc3, PFM planes like the 18C, and even the warbirbs.

That‘s a neat idea and a nice workaround! I‘ll give that a try (even though my dogfighting skills are really low still since I’ve spent 99% of my DCS time in the mud mover business so far. But that is changing a bit with the hornet now :smilewink: ).

Thanks

I just flew the 2v2 BFM vs the MiG-15 brothers. Yes that was a challenging fight. Doing a technical boom & zoom (ie don't try to turn & burn with them) made pretty darn short work of them though. He can turn real good, but not at angels 30 and climbing.

Strangely the 2nd of the two MiG's seemed to give up. He tried to extend or something, so I just ran him down and blasted his sorry posterior.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

I think its performance seems quite high, there is a problem in how the Mig15 dogfights as it has a never ending amount of energy. So its not a matter of how difficult it is to shoot the Mig15 down the question is, is that behaviour realistic?

We all know the AI are a bunch of cheaters, as much of a cheaters as Mr. Smith in the Matrix as they only have basics flight model. :(

I made a test a few months ago, as i was suspecting the AI going Afterburners mostly the entire fights as i ended up getting bingo fuel doing same as them, i never tried the F-5 as player, as i do not own the module, i do not know how of a drinker that bird is, but i made the AI start airborn with 1,000 lbs of fuel, as i made it spawn he didn't engaged me cuz he was low fuel (basicly as oer ME) and kept going straight for his base to land, but still, he flown away passed me for about 12 minutes, which out of those 12 minutes, easily 7 minutes with full burners on, i ended up shooting him down, either F-5's doesn'T drink a lot, or AI has unlimited fuel smile.gif Another « Unsolved Mysteries » TV show case. :)

I'd be curious to see how long would a player, starting airborn in a F-5 with 1,000 lbs of fuel, would be able to fly going full burners on.