"Ace Combat" monthly dogfighting event (modern fighters, guns only)

Stuge

Hello everyone!

We are pleased to announce a new multiplayer event, which will be called "Ace Combat".

The event is going to be a guns only team versus team competition with modern fighters, with teams of four pilots going against each other as part of a bigger coalition vs coalition, "East" versus "West" competition. This roughly translates to the English-speaking community and the Russian-speaking community of DCS. So the setup for the rounds is 4 vs 4, guns only. The organizers are me(104th_Stuge) and AAK224.

Currently, modern guns only combat in DCS is mostly limited to either 1 versus 1 dueling or a free-for-all "furball". Also for a long time there has been little competitive stimulus to practice gun combat. With the current boost provided by the fantastic Top Gun Round 2 tournament, we would like to continue reviving and boosting this sacred martial art form, see organized teams battle it out on a regular basis, and provide a stimulus for regular practice.

So the main purposes of this event are:

-Encourage public interest in practicing the art of dogfighting by providing competitive stimulus

-Bring the English-speaking and Russian-speaking communities closer together

Anyone can take part, and all modern fighters are allowed (yes Mig-29 as well :))

The event is planned to take place approximately every month or every two months so any team that wants to fly will certainly get a chance. Also if public interest is high, we will try to expand the number of teams accordingly.

First date is set at 19th of December. For now we will likely have one team from SF squadron and one from 104th Phoenix, so there is room for one more team, we have planned to have three teams on each side for this first time. Any team that is interested, feel free to drop a line on this thread. Also everyone who is able to participate on 19th from SF and 104th squadrons, please let me know so we can decide final composition of the teams.

For the western side, I'm thinking of having a training session on December 12th. Exact times and other details will be announced later.

S!

EDIT: Here's a list of confirmed participants on the West side. East side already has their roster full so we need more pilots!

104th_Stuge

104th_RIPTIDE

104cdt_Junior

104th_Knight

SF_Bushmanni

SF_Razer

SF_j00NAS

Dartuil

F99th-Toolbandit

Oberst_Zeisig

Plaiskool

SharpGBR

Also, THE BATTLE WILL START ON 19th OF DECEMBER AT 17.00 GMT

PRACTICE SESSION WILL BE 12th DECEMBER at 17.00 GMT (meet on 104th teamspeak!)

UPDATE: MISSION LINK: https://yadi.sk/d/QOBb3qYomGshB

UPDATE: Rules for "Ace Combat" on 19th December

The basis of the event - fights on guns 4x4. Battles are conducted to the complete victory of one of the teams or until the end of fuel of one of the teams (in this case the winner is the team whose aircraft stayed in the air longer).

The event is divided into four rounds lasting 30 minutes, with a break between rounds of 10 minutes. All fights are carried out until the end, even if the time limit is exceeded. The total planned time of the event is 30 + 10 + 30 + 10 + 30 + 10 + 30 = 150 minutes. After passing this time limit there will be one "final fight" with several teams battling each other all at the same time.

The alignment of teams against each other is as follows. In the first round, red teams are arranged in the zones of combat, and blue team can then choose how to deploy their teams against red. In the second this is vice versa, with red teams being allowed to choose their composition tactically against blue's chosen teams. This pattern is then repeated in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Competitions are held with machines such as the Su-27, F-15s, MiG-29A. At the request of coalitions in the mission may be included Su-33, MiG-29S, Su-25, Su-25T and the MiG-21bis. The composition of the teams regarding aircraft types is free to be chosen.

Fuel loads: Su-27 4794kg, F-15C 4565kg, 3300kg MiG-29, Su-33 4757kg. Fuel load selected for 5 minutes of flight in afterburner at a speed of Mach 0.5 at sea level, according to the fuel consumption in the documents.

Colors:

Red:

Su-27 and MiG-29 - white-red-blue.

Su-33 - the standard blue and gray nose.

The F-15 - a standard gray-blue.

Blue:

Su-27 - blue with a green nose.

MiG-29 - the standard green.

Su-33 - the standard blue with the white nose.

The F-15 - Broken blue-gray-white color "aggressors".

Edited by Stuge

Im in but for a open server with 50 crzy dogfighters on it.

No matter us vs russia or mixed im in.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

For now we will likely have one team from SF squadron and one from 104th Phoenix, so there is room for one more team, we have planned to have three teams on each side for this first time. S!

I did not quite get the setup, Stuge:

Is it a 12v12 single battle (3 teams of 4 pilots each for blufor vs 3 other teams of 4 pilots each for redfor) or is it made of multiple round robin/knockout 4v4 matches?

Also, One life per pilot?

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

I did not quite get the setup, Stuge:

Is it a 12v12 single battle (3 teams of 4 pilots each for blufor vs 3 other teams of 4 pilots each for redfor) or is it made of multiple round robin/knockout 4v4 matches?

Also, One life per pilot?

Yes Flank, the initial plan is to have multiple 4 vs 4 rounds over a course of say 2-3 hours. Possibly many rounds ongoing at the same time. Coalition with most victories will win the day :)

We didn't plan on a life limit initially, but now that you mention, that may be a good idea and could be taken into consideration...

Alright people, East side has gathered a rather formidable force as you can see here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2593222&postcount=13

So, West needs to step it up! Anyone wanting to participate in this event, sign up here. Practice on evening of 12th December, match on 19th (Evening time of Europe). I will fill up the team roster as people sign up. Once teams are full, the rest will be on reserve.

I'm really sorry everyone as I have to pull out.

My family booked tickets to see the new Star Wars despite me informing them of the timings of this event and making sure I was free for the duration but apparently at the time of them booking the tickets this information escaped their minds, the tickets cannot be refunded and I will be getting back at 18:15z ish. All I can do is offer my apologies and wish you all good luck this evening.

Nice event. Start was slow but once it got going things went smoothly. Pity the west side only got two teams together. jOONAS did a very good job debuting in modern BFM/ACM combat and everyone else in our team also did a very good job, it was a pleasure to fly with you. Thanks also for the opposing team for good fights. 4vs4 was a good idea as this is more "realistic" way to fight as air combat tactics are essentially team tactics and this gives you the opportunity to put them to the test. Flying with more people is also more fun.

Here are the server tracks of my server.

http://1drv.ms/1Of2Jvg

• Like 1

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

First Ace Combat event is over with a resounding victory for the western coalition.

Congratulations to winners and thank you every single person who participated for making this event a success!!

Unfortunately, team west only had two teams since some pilots didn't show up, so for the next time a surplus of pilots will be gathered to make sure there are enough teams. Since the teams can be shuffled, everyone will get to fly.

Next time is initially planned to take place on January 23th (Saturday). We plan to have approximately five teams for that day.

Sign up for the next time on this thread please, and remember that everyone is welcome to fly regardless of skill level!!!

S!