EXİT GAME NOT RESPONDİNG..!!!

1Shot1KiLL

when l exit the game or a multiplayer game l will get a black screen with DCS logo and l will not be able to get out of that screen without hard closeing my pc. been happening after last patch. can alt ctrl del but cant select the task manager to end it. when l cycle through the Windows with alt tab the task manager will not open up. can close any open aplication exept dcs by holding alt tab and clicking on ''X'' so yeah somethings wrong. its not like its the first time dcs doesnt respond. but this issue is new. just wanted you guys to know .pls fix this before we break our harddisks. thanks

amd rx480 8gb amd ryzen5 2600x 16gb ram Windows 10 pro

Edited by 1Shot1KiLL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same issue here (although I can close it through the Task Manager). It's happening since the last OB update from Friday. I did not had this issue before.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Me too, when i start DCS, it logs in, the dcs screen comes up, then a black screen. The black screen will not go - it will still remain after over an hour, and DCS does not start. Happened since the F-14 came out - i have not been able to use DCS since! Very frustrated!!!!

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Me too, when i start DCS, it logs in, the dcs screen comes up, then a black screen. The black screen will not go - it will still remain after over an hour, and DCS does not start. Happened since the F-14 came out - i have not been able to use DCS since! Very frustrated!!!!

That's a different issue then. This thread is about getting a black screen when exiting DCS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Same here. Black screen when I quit DCS (single player). DCS process needs to be killed "by hand". Started to happen in one of the last patches of the OB.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Anyone able to attach a DCS.log from after it occurs?

Generally whenever the UI becomes unresponsive it adds several error logs in the DCS.log file. Would at least help pinpoint the issue.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I looked at the log when it did happen but there were no error messages I can recall.

After yesterday's patch I exited the game one or two times without problems. So I thought it was fixed. But I'll get you the log when it happens again.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Just like funkyfranky I could not see any error messaages in the log when this happens. The problem still exists after yesterdays patch and consistently happens when I close DCS after having it running for a longer period (maybe 1h+). I will let it crash again later today and will then attach the log here.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Same problem for me, black screen on exit, significant CPU activity, and the DCS window hogs everything and won't let the task manager get 'in front' to shut down the process. Clicking 'close window' on the process in the task bar on my second monitor returns a 'not responding' error of some kind.

Guys, you can still use the Task Manager when it's in the background, by using the keyboard. Use the arrow keys to go through the running processes and hit DEL to kill a process.

I formed a habit of always having the Task Manager in the less detailed view, so only Apps (like DCS) will be shown and all other processes will be hidden. So if I have to use the Task Manager blindly (as it is the case here), I won't be able to kill some important background process by accident. The Apps in the less detailed view of the Task Manager are in alphabetical order, so DCS is usally at the very top. In that case, when using the Task Manager blindly, you just have to hit up arrow and DEL to kill DCS.

Tornado3 small.jpg

when l exit the game or a multiplayer game l will get a black screen with DCS logo and l will not be able to get out of that screen without hard closeing my pc. been happening after last patch. can alt ctrl del but cant select the task manager to end it. when l cycle through the Windows with alt tab the task manager will not open up. can close any open aplication exept dcs by holding alt tab and clicking on ''X'' so yeah somethings wrong. its not like its the first time dcs doesnt respond. but this issue is new. just wanted you guys to know .pls fix this before we break our harddisks. thanks

amd rx480 8gb amd ryzen5 2600x 16gb ram Windows 10 pro

I too have been getting this for a week or so now. Ran repair, no mods running, all to no avail. gonna try a total uninstall and reinstall. hope ED can find a common connection , seems weird, the sim runs fine until you want to leave, then it throws a hissy.

I also have this problem. I use the task manager to close DCS, to get into the task manager you have to start it before you start DCS then go to options and select "always on top" then it will appear in front of the black screen when you need it. You only have to set the option once next time you need the task manager you can use ctrl-alt-del as normal.

My Computer: i7 6850K OC 4.5 GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X, on a MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon MB all watercooled w/3 pumps and outdoor cooler, 1x Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, 1x Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB, SSD 2x450GB, 6 TB HDD's, Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q 2560x1440 IPS, 30~165hz, Win 10 PRO 64bit.

Can anyone confirm that this has not been fixed in the latest update (DCS 2.5.4.29167)?

As Top Jockey mentioned, it solution is straight forward!