AIM9X/120C fires when CCIP pickling GBU/CBU

apd102

I'm trying to understand when I go in for a CCIP run to drop an unguided bomb and hit the weapon release to pickle, it also fires whatever missile is last active. I'm in A/G mode and not A/A. It's very frustrating. The bombs drop, but a 9x/120c is released at the same time. Any clue? Both use the same button, but I thought A/G vs A/A would determine what weapon is released.:helpsmilie:

Edited by apd102

A track of this would be really helpful. I can’t replicate this issue.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Air to ground does not work in f16 now

I have the exact problem. I was able to bomb no problem, and then I installed a skin, and found out You cant use skins in some multiplayer servers. I ended up doing a clean and repair and now when I press AG, it stays in AA, even if I go to List and hit 8 and change it to AG, it still

only fires missiles. I have DCS installed on 4 hard drives, but only one other is OB, and bombing does not work

there either. Hope someone can watch my track and tell Me I am not clicking something I should.

f16 no bombsworking.trk

Edited by ctguy1955

I have the exact problem. I was able to bomb no problem, and then I installed a skin, and found out You cant use skins in some multiplayer servers. I ended up doing a clean and repair and now when I press AG, it stays in AA, even if I go to List and hit 8 and change it to AG, it still

only fires missiles. I have DCS installed on 4 hard drives, but only one other is OB, and bombing does not work

there either. Hope someone can watch my track and tell Me I am not clicking something I should.

Well for one your problem is not the same as the OP so sorry to the OP for this thread hijack. Your problem is you have left yourself in missile override or dogfight mode. If you are in either dogfight or missile override then trying to move to the AG mastermode is pointless. It will not allow it. You need to exit whichever mode you are sticking it in back to NAV mode THEN go to AG master mode.

To the OP I've dropped many a CBU-97 from the 16 and have never seen that issue.

Edited by Stubbies2003

Well for one your problem is not the same as the OP so sorry to the OP for this thread hijack. Your problem is you have left yourself in missile override or dogfight mode. If you are in either dogfight or missile override then trying to move to the AG mastermode is pointless. It will not allow it. You need to exit whichever mode you are sticking it in back to NAV mode THEN go to AG master mode.

To the OP I've dropped many a CBU-97 from the 16 and have never seen that issue.

So if you are in A/G mode with the missile mode layered "in background" because you forgot it you'll fire a missile when you pickle? That's dangerous :O

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

Hardware: I7 8700K, Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11Go OC, 32Gb RAM, screen resolution 2K

Devices: Hotas Warthog, Cougar MFDs, Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR

My squadron: http://jtff.fr/SITE/

Sorry if its not the same problem, I thought it was. I can go into right mfd and press sms and INV and press the button and nothing happens. I will check my DF switch now.

in list 8, I change it to AG and when I press fire button, CBU's dont come off rail, AA missiles fire.

• ED Team
Sorry if its not the same problem, I thought it was. I can go into right mfd and press sms and INV and press the button and nothing happens. I will check my DF switch now.

in list 8, I change it to AG and when I press fire button, CBU's dont come off rail, AA missiles fire.

your track shows you are in dog fight mode, check your dog fight switch is in the neutral position before selecting A2G.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I'm trying to understand when I go in for a CCIP run to drop an unguided bomb and hit the weapon release to pickle, it also fires whatever missile is last active. I'm in A/G mode and not A/A. It's very frustrating. The bombs drop, but a 9x/120c is released at the same time. Any clue? Both use the same button, but I thought A/G vs A/A would determine what weapon is released.:helpsmilie:

Do you have a track?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

So if you are in A/G mode with the missile mode layered "in background" because you forgot it you'll fire a missile when you pickle? That's dangerous :O

There is no missile mode "layered in the background". If you have either dogfight or missile override selected you will not be in AG mode but in missile override or dogfight. Pressing AG master mode with either of those two selected does nothing IRL until you de-select dogfight or missile override.

• 1 month later...

That's right....that is dangerous....sorry couldn't help myself. But if you are in A-G, then go either Missile Override or Dogfight. you are in exactly that mode. Sol also the Bomb symbology will disappear and you can't pickle a bomb.

• ED Team

Hi

the track replay shows the issue, but I am unable to reproduce myself.

I have reported to the team for checking

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Can anyone still seeing this issue please reply here, attach fresh track replays if they are short.

We are having issues reproducing this even with the older tracks, it could mean it is resolved internally or the old tracks no longer work showing this issue.

Is this related to cold starting or spawning with the dogfight switch activated?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this has happened as recently as a week ago. I can try to find a track file but I clearly had gbu-12 selected on the right MFD and when I went to pickle it launched a 120. I had to push the OSB that already said GBU-12 to select them again. I was in A-G mode and had a CCIP pipper.

I can confirm this has happened as recently as a week ago. I can try to find a track file but I clearly had gbu-12 selected on the right MFD and when I went to pickle it launched a 120. I had to push the OSB that already said GBU-12 to select them again. I was in A-G mode and had a CCIP pipper.

Had you by any chanced started the jet with dogfight switch in any position other than neutral?

Proud owner of:

• 4 weeks later...

Fired an AIM-120 today while dropping 6xMk82 Air.

Dogfight Switch had been inadvertently moves to MRM while working the Air Brake but I was in A2G Mode first.

Just an FYI...

Large MP file so no track I’m afraid. Sorry...

Edited by Emmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Could it be a key mapping error? Have you checked what is mapped to what?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Could it be a key mapping error? Have you checked what is mapped to what?

No. It’s not. The pickle button fires both the missiles and the releases air-ground stores, and obviously it should only be doing one at a time and not both at once. I had this happen recently. And I had not started the jet in either dogfight or msl override, so there goes my theory.

Proud owner of:

To me, logic dictates that Master Mode selected should rule.

If you’re in AG Mode, missiles shouldn’t come off the jet. Bombs don’t come off if you’re in AA Mode nor if you go to a Dogfight Mode from NAV, right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

This happened to me last night on an MP server. Was in A/G mode, TGP on the left MFD and HSD on the right. I locked the target on the TGP and when I picked the bomb, it fired an AIM-120 off the rail. Then when I pressed the trigger to lase, it fired the gun. Not sure if I was in DGFT or MRM mode at the time.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

To me, logic dictates that Master Mode selected should rule.

If you’re in AG Mode, missiles shouldn’t come off the jet. Bombs don’t come off if you’re in AA Mode nor if you go to a Dogfight Mode from NAV, right?

The dogfight/missile override switch takes priority over the master mode buttons. If you want to go to A-G mode in the real aircraft you MUST center the dogfight/missile override switch. If you don't you won't get to an A-G mode or even back to Nav mode.