VR Headset Decision time

Darpa

My use will only ever be for DCS or Xplane 11 is the tracking ok on the reverb for DCS?

Have read its not as good as the rift s.

Its fine. once in a while mine looses track if I'm looking into unlit corners. Mainly Down L/R in my case. but its fine 99% of the time.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I would measure your IPD to get some idea. I found the S a good resolution upgrade over the CV1 but in the end I got rid of it because my IPD was too wide to get a good picture. I.e., even when looking forwards through the good part, it was too noticeable the blurry picture to the sides because my IPD was too wide to be able to look completely through the good part of the lens.

Even though the index was not available I went to some lengths to get it and the difference is night and day for a couple reasons. Adjustable IPD was the most important for image quality. The audio is fantastic and the extra FOV was very nice.

If you are happy to have earphones and your IPD works with the rift S then I would be happy to start there.

My IPD was 66 so it fell in the good range for both the Rift S and the reverb, pulled the trigger and went with the reverb.

now standing at the front door waiting for delivery...:)

I have IPD 67 and the Reverb is working super. The clarity is amazing. And the performance is equally to the Rift S.

My use will only ever be for DCS or Xplane 11 is the tracking ok on the reverb for DCS?

Have read its not as good as the rift s.

To clarifie this issue once and for all. The only advantage for Rift-S tracking is more cameras whot actually only benefit for widening FOV for tracking controllers. Head tracking is equally good. That's only benefits and difference with Rift-S. For seating sim games there is no noticeable difference.

So for any flight or racing sim Reverb is a better choice. Rift-S is a better choice if you are playing other games like Beat Sabre, Fruit Ninja or Pavlov where better controller tracking bring more benefit than superior Reverbs clarity.

It is up to your personal preferences and what you need from VR.

In DCS you will felt more comfortable with Reverb and in Pavlov with Rift-S but in general you will be able to play it all and enjoy no matter which game or VR.