DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Will the aircraft carrier models be different models or just skins on top of the same 3D model?

CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt,

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln,

CVN-73 George Washington,

CVN-74 John C Stennis,

CVN-75 Harry S. Truman.

I bought it and I'm dying to do naval operations!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I could be wrong but I think it is a different skin wrap for same Nimitz-class aircraft carrier model.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I could be wrong but I think it is a different skin wrap for same Nimitz-class aircraft carrier model.

I thought I read that they will 3D model each carrier. :pilotfly:

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hello fellow pilots and DCS staff !

I think someone else already asked this question but its a huge topic so far to find it...

The bundle F-18C + Supercarrrier + Su-33 which may become available in Steam will have the same price of DCS eStore ?

If i already own the Su-33 what will happen with the surplus "key" ? could i gift someone ?

Just turned 65 at the end of Jan.

I had my right hip replaced 7 weeks ago, and PT

has Me feeling like an old geezer for sure !

I keep checking for updates hoping the Corsair will be

available before My next birthday. I would be extremely

ecstatic just to have a working parachute and Hook for My F-16.

LOVE DCSW !!!!! and EA too............. Happy New Year to all and Clear Skies

Happy belated birthday to you sir.

It is so nice to hear how interesting this sim is to all age group.

An hour hardly goes by without me having to do anything related to dcs. If I am not checking the forums to see what is new, I am watching a related video or better still flying after work.

and happy flying.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hmmm, I'm still not sure what I should think about the SC.

- From the yet known facts, 50$ seems waaaaay more then it would be worth in my eyes.

No discussion about discounts, I'm talking about the normal price.

- Its completely not understandable for me why non owners can't place it in the ME, but can join if it is placed on the map. Not a well thougjt decision in my eyes.

- The way of the discussion about that fact is far away from customer friendly.

- Deck sliding fix is still under work

- Two Kutznezsows are now in the game. Useless, makes everything only complicate

- I should buy a module of 50$, but would also need to buy CA to change the course of the ship? Really? Joking?

I still can't get the point for the more value of the SC as there are soooo many things missing, ignored or moved to the wishlist. Some of them are mandatory to me:

- Deck crew isn't collidable? WTF? Why not? Why are then planes or the ship collidable FTW....

- Pushback is on the Wishlist

- Deckcrew with night lightnibg is on the Wishlist

- Wet Deck is on the Wishlist

- Helicopters are on the Wishlist

- Salute from the Hornet is on the Wishlist

- Briefing Room is on the Wishlist

- Turning into the Wind is on the Wishlist

- Recovery Tanker is on the Wishlist

- External Air and Powet Units are on the Wishlist

Don't get me wrong, but most of the really important things are on a wishlist. So far, I can only see that we will get a high poly model with nice lights, more and detailed radio coms and some people standing on the ship which can't be collided or seen at night.

Combined with a buisness model that does not leaves a good taste...

I'm looking forward to see if the supercarrier will really deserv the "super". So far, I'm not impressed, I have more concerns.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Hmmm, I'm still not sure what I should think about the SC...

- Wet Deck is on the Wishlist

- Briefing Room is on the Wishlist

Some things are being addressed....

DCS-Supercarrier-1111.jpg

Also...

Following the early access release, more features will be added that include a briefing room, more ships of the class, player IFLOLS operation, and more.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

They will definitely include at least two 3D models. If you look in the videos and screenshots you can see two different island structures. one pre and the other post midlife major overhaul refit. The main differences are the mast, pri-fly and radar tower. I've been spotting the two different models since a couple of months ago. It's cool, because it allows you to have different years simulated. The Stennis and Truman have not been thru that major overhaul yet. The screenshots in ED download sections are from the pre overhaul and the December trailer and in yesterday's 2020 video show the overhauled Nimitz class carrier.

Also, because of the bulbs on the sides of the island, you can't just re-skin the 3D model. Those 3d bulbs follow the shape of the numbers painted on the sides, so you need an individual 3D model for each ship.

My guess is that we are going to get two 3D models per ship for Roosevelt, Washington and Lincoln and one por ship for Stennis and Truman.

That picture is for me showing only a wet canopy.

And for everything else: "Everything is subjected to change", so lets see how it really behaves and evolves. When launching into EA and after.

If you look closely, there are some details that reveal that it's actually showing a wet deck with reflections on it. If you look at the Yellowshirt on screen right, the mirrored image is not a shadow. It's actually a reflection, I can make out the yellow color in the reflection, as well as the darker pants. it's a mirrored reflection, not a shadow, something that reveals that it's a wet deck.

• ED Team
That picture is for me showing only a wet canopy.

And for everything else: "Everything is subjected to change", so lets see how it really behaves and evolves. When launching into EA and after.

As new features are completed we will let you know. For now what we have on our store page is the feature list.

I would encourage you to wait, pre-order and early access isn't always suited to some users. But we hope you will eventually think about a purchase.

Thanks

10 ships of the class have been produced, of which, we will include five of the Theodore Roosevelt sub-class:

CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln

CVN-73 George Washington

CVN-74 John C Stennis

CVN-75 Harry S. Truman

For the early access release, we will provide the Roosevelt, Lincoln, and Washington.

Early access features of DCS: Supercarrier include:

Highly detailed polygon model with high-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings.

Animations that include arresting wires, jet blast deflectors (JBD), radar antennas, aircraft elevators, catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2, steam from catapults, and risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered.

Detailed lighting systems that includes the long-range line-up lights, IFLOLS, Animated "rabbit lights" along landing area centerline, deck lighting, floodlights, and ship number on the island.

Functional air defense weapon systems that include the Sea Sparrow, CIWS, and SeaRAM.

Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck.

Dynamic carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III recoveries.

Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.

Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.

Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.

During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:

Air Boss station.

Briefing room.

Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.

More LSO station interactions.

Combined Arms integration.

"Burble" effect.

Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.

Functional barricade net.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hmmm, I'm still not sure what I should think about the SC.

(then 21 lines of negative comment, followed by...)

Combined with a buisness model that does not leaves a good taste...

I'm looking forward to see if the supercarrier will really deserv the "super". So far, I'm not impressed, I have more concerns.

Seems you're fairly sure about what you think about it (& maybe E.D.), just missing the courage of your convictions to say it straight up.

Re - is it worht it ?

It may not be as much coding as the F/A-18, but it's probably more the Yak, given how much of it is for new technology being developed from scratch but less 'obvious' because it is going into base items like ATC, briefing room, elevators, CA controls etc.

It will definately add to the immersion for those that are into carrier ops, but if you don't care for the things it brings there's a simple answer.

Cheers.

I think some are missing what the major factor of success and failure for this module will be and for me that is the animated deck crew, a deck you do not slide around on, ATC that works and a boat that is actually lit up at night. Arguing about the price point is ridiculous unless your actually on the board of ED and know why it is being sold at the price it is.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

- Deck crew isn't collidable? WTF? Why not?

Because not all of us are single player warriors, we fly online with and against other people from all around the world with different skill sets.

Having collidable deck crew is a horrible idea and would cause way more problems just for the sake of you being able to kill some poor deck hand cause your landings are awful ;)

It looks like you should just wait, no one is forcing you to buy it and I bet 100% that after its release you'll be one of the first people to buy it when you see how much fun others are having with it, or just stick with the free carrier if its such a concern to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I won't kill the deckcrew, I want everyone else in MP to be forced to take care of the deckcrew. With no collision modell no one needs to take care of them.

Btw, I'm flying 90% of my time in MP.

There is not a single thing that concerns me, its the sum.

50 bucks are a lot of money, and I just can't see that it would be worth that money. Especially as, for me, are essential things missing or maybe not even planed.

So you are right, no one is forceing me to buy something. But I think that there should also be room for discussion about that"module", even it not only praises it.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Interesting

So you are right, no one is forceing me to buy something. But I think that there should also be room for discussion about that"module", even it not only praises it.

Absolutely. However, I find it weird that one who does not want a module - be it due to price or features included or not included, still joins a discussion to voice their disinterest.

Nothing personal, just general observation.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

If $50 is too expensive, you can buy it right now for $35. If $35 is too expensive for what they are promising then you are never going to be happy with your purchase and you shouldn't buy it.

You have the Stennis now already included with the game and it works.

For some of us this is a must have module and we would have pre-ordered at any price point. For others it is a nice to have. For some it isn't a priority. Yay for everyone! Seriously.

I am not a fan of Early Access - ever since Rust - but for me I knew I would get the Super Carrier at some point anyway. It is a must have for what I enjoy in the game. So, I just ordered it and at $35 I think I'm going to be extremely satisfied with my purchase.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pass

I've spent lots and lots of money on DCS, and I think I'll pass on this one. It's not the price, which is only a trifle, but DLC fatigue. I buy your aircraft, I buy your maps, but I ain't gonna buy your boat!:music_whistling:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Well...that is understandable if you are not into Naval Ops.

If you are, then that makes no sense and one wonders why you must make this declaration.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I have what I refer to as a "carrier template mission" for both the Stennis & Kuznetsov. Both are populated with static crew/objects from the "US Navy Deck Equipment" user mod and as many static planes as I could realistically fit in the parking areas - with 1 open spot when of course I successfully trap and need to park :smilewink:

When I design a carrier ops mission I always begin with one of these templates then save it as a different mission name. It gives me as realistic a carrier to work with as possible given the current DCS environment. Even flying with these templates, which are really cool, I pre-ordered SC as soon as it became available because carrier ops have always been my biggest interest in military aviation. I have full confidence ED will deliver an amazingly immersive carrier experience and am Super Pumped about Super Carrier :thumbup:

For those not feeling the SC magic yet but still into carrier ops, I'd suggest you create the same kind of carrier templates I did. It's much more immersive than flying to an empty deck even if the crew and objects are static. When SC is released, you can evaluate both options and decide if SC is a purchase you want to make...but...I have a strong feeling anyone into carrier ops won't be able to resist SC especially after it's been released :)

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

I like carrier ops but I am also holding back on this. Producing more early access content so they can have funds to continue developing previously released early access content is making me come back to DCS lesser and lesser. I am not getting any younger and the argument about if you don’t like early access then wait till it is released does not really apply here since majority of content in DCS is early access.

P.S. watch how the mods merge this thread with the discussion thread as they have done with other negative ones on here.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

• ED Team

P.S. watch how the mods merge this thread with the discussion thread as they have done with other negative ones on here.

Please read the forum rules, if you want to discuss moderation PM me or another mod.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

;4201177']Because not all of us are single player warriors, we fly online with and against other people from all around the world with different skill sets.

Having collidable deck crew is a horrible idea and would cause way more problems just for the sake of you being able to kill some poor deck hand cause your landings are awful ;)

It looks like you should just wait, no one is forcing you to buy it and I bet 100% that after its release you'll be one of the first people to buy it when you see how much fun others are having with it, or just stick with the free carrier if its such a concern to you.

+1 :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I've spent lots and lots of money on DCS, and I think I'll pass on this one. It's not the price, which is only a trifle, but DLC fatigue. I buy your aircraft, I buy your maps, but I ain't gonna buy your boat!:music_whistling:

You know that boat stands for

Break

Out

Another

Thousand

Right? more mods = more money...