DCS World 2.5 Open Beta - Now Available!

Wags

Epic, to bad it's stuck on the moving files from open alpha installation.. :/

It is not stuck, just appears that way - it will move on past.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you Wags and everyone else at ED for everything you've done and will continue to do for us flight simmers! I never even imagined we'd come this far, and my knees get weak thinking about what the future has in store for us! :cheer3nc:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Epic, to bad it's stuck on the moving files from open alpha installation.. :/

Mine did that, turned out it couldnt copy the files for some reason (the install is on a separate drive don't know if that matters) so now its downloading the full 44GB :doh:

That's awesome ! And so... Who will be the one who try it first? :pilotfly:

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

I just clicked the update button like twenty minutes ago, just pure boredom, and what a shock when it just started downloading… you almost got me a stroke mates, that should have been advertised!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

İ have no DCS installed what can i do ?
Bit late now, but try doanloading and installing the Open Beta if you are willing to test it and have spare room in your hard disk. I think it will last long, first installing 1.5.8 Beta, then updating to 2.5, but that's just my guess.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Thanks again, I have to aquire 14Gb does this sound the norm? I can't imagine having to get 44Gb with my connection. NTTR took literally 3 days:)

Do you remember how I teased you with screenshots while you were still downloading...? Probably gonna happen again this time. :megalol:

İ have no DCS installed what can i do ?

a) Wait for tomorrow and get OpenBeta installer from DCS World Updates

b) Download and install 1.5.8 Stable, then use this guide to convert it into 2.5 OpenBeta

c) Wait approx. 1 or 2 weeks and get the stable installer from a) above

Great achievement ED with DCS world 2.5. Thank you and congrats.

Waiting for 2.2.0. openAlpha version

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I am ecstatic about 2.5 as well. This is so long overdue, and finally opens up the development towards so much more new content to come down the line. Congrats to everyone involved. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well done ED on the early release, Happy Merge Day!...... lovely surprise :D

Tally Ho chaps....... maybe see ya'll on the AO server later for a blast :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.