Chuck's MiG-15bis Guide

Charly_Owl

Good job Chuck, very useful guide! On page 15, not sure about this green light how it actually works. Made a quick test, on the ground the green light turns on when the drop tanks is attached, after take off it turns off and turns on when the drop tanks are empty. :noexpression:

6HjdiZw.jpg

1fdCwkk.jpg

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

That's a great guide Charly Owl. Still did not answer what I was looking for regarding pneumatic system, but great just the same and answered a few other things. Just one tiny little title correction (yeah, I read that you were tired, know the feeling)...

The RSI-6K is not UHF, it is HF, like Short Wave radio. I do know, I make sets for myself as a hobby. Try it, sometime, here's a good starter set. You'll probably like it. :)

That's a great guide Charly Owl. Still did not answer what I was looking for regarding pneumatic system, but great just the same and answered a few other things. Just one tiny little title correction (yeah, I read that you were tired, know the feeling)...

The RSI-6K is not UHF, it is HF, like Short Wave radio. I do know, I make sets for myself as a hobby. Try it, sometime, here's a good starter set. You'll probably like it. :)

I'll upload a revision in May once I'm done with my finals.

At the moment my plate is full...

After 7-10 days, we will try to release the full English version of the MiG-15bis Flight manual.

First of all thanks Chuck for this great guide, it's been really useful. Brilliant work!

And second, please PilotMi8 this is what i've been waiting for! I checked the russian manual and it has over 240 pages, looks amazing and extremely detailed. So PilotMi8, do you know when is the translated one going to be released? And please don´t answer "when DCS 2.0 is out" :D

Thank you in advance.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

• 2 weeks later...

Coming to grips with my latest purchase. Chuck's guide helps a lot :D. A couple of minor things I noticed, which might be improved in next edition of the guide:

a) mislabeled fuel pressure gauge on page 12, guys above already explained this one;

b) I would add Novorossiysk airport (wave number 154) to the list on pages 53 & 57;

c) the cyrillic markings on receiver mode switch (pages 60, 61) transliterate to TLG-TLF, which corresponds nicely with "telegraph-telephony" function.

Otherwise very nicely put together document, as always.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 4 weeks later...