TAD orientation issue

wasyl00

Its been bothering me for quite a while. I believe that TAD is not oriented correctly and instead it is rotated a few degrees anticlockwise. See the below two images. On the first one I'm flying dead on towards my waypoint and I believe the flight path line on TAD should go straight at 0 degrees top to bottom but instead its at the angle. On second I tried to point the plane so the line on TAD actually goes straight but then the heading on the HUD is way off.

Can someone tell me if there is something I don't understand here or the TAD is rotated.

https://imgur.com/a/sJ3xRC6

https://imgur.com/a/qNRloNi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Maybe that's the difference between True Heading and Magnetic Heading? Not sure which each of the A-10Cs sensor are using (HUD/TAD). :dunno:

Also keep in mind, that the flight path indicator is taking wind into account and corrects for that, while the TAD is not.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It appears to be happening only in the caucasus theater, i haven't noticed it in PG or NTTR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

There's a 10 knot wind slightly from the right (057°). Looks like a proper wind correction angle might actually account for the difference between heading and track.

Would be great if you could share your mission or tell us which one it is.

Or place a waypoint on the other side of the wind and check if the TAD offset changes its orientation.

There's a 10 knot wind slightly from the right (057°). Looks like a proper wind correction angle might actually account for the difference between heading and track.

Would be great if you could share your mission or tell us which one it is.

Or place a waypoint on the other side of the wind and check if the TAD offset changes its orientation.

Thanks! I will run some more tests and report back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

I reported that long time ago and it still unfixed. Flying the A-10C on Caucasus map is very annoying for me for that reason.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W