[NO BUG] KA50 not rearming/refueling when engine running

Are you on intercom? If not, you need to switch to that.. Radio selection fully right.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I'm not completely sure, but I think you can request refuel/reload by lowering the throttles and put the engines to idle, then opening the door. No guarantees.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
What may be modeled here is that you can't shout your request for more weapons and fuel over the noise of the running helicopter. I just use Ground Crew intercom every time.

This.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...

I don't want to start a whole new thread, so I'll ask here. Playing the campaign, landing at the FARP in the KA-50, requesting rearm/refuel and having issues. I will get rearmed no problem at all, however, I will never get refueled, ground crew always comes back with "unable to comply". I have done this across sever missions now, and have not been able to fuel up.

I have tried it at the FARPs and airfields, and they still won't fuel me up, but they'll rearm me. I have also powered down completely, and still no luck.

Seeing if I am just missing something here, or of something else is going on?

Thanks

It should work, as long as there is an ammo truck and fuel truck on the farp.

Edit.

Quick test shows it works with the ATZ-10 Fuel truck with the chopper running or not. Does not work with the ATMZ-5 Fuel Truck. The missions possibly have these trucks in them? Should they be able to refuel the Ka-50? Guess so...? Otherwise the missions will need to be updated with the ATZ-10.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks. I thought as much, seems that even landing at airbases, I cant refuel. Not sure if it's the missions themselves or what, but it's only when I'm playing the campaign.

Just noticed it during the last few missions, as I needed fuel, and they wont give me any. Bases show they have it, just refuse to give it up, darn Russians. I'll go back and mess with it, figured I was doing something wrong on my side, but since it works elsewhere, it could be the missions themselves?

It should work, as long as there is an ammo truck and fuel truck on the farp.

Edit.

Quick test shows it works with the ATZ-10 Fuel truck with the chopper running or not. Does not work with the ATMZ-5 Fuel Truck. The missions possibly have these trucks in them? Should they be able to refuel the Ka-50? Guess so...? Otherwise the missions will need to be updated with the ATZ-10.

If I'm not mistaken one of them is carrying oil rather than fuel.