Vibration pad/chair make it easier to fly?

I use VR and SimShaker with DIY transducers. Like others have said, at first I felt like it was a fun addition and an improvement to the flying experience, but nothing I couldn't live without - until they suddenly stopped working after a few months of flying...

Now I can't fly without it, it just seems empty and lifeless. As for help in actual flying, the stall buffet/high AOA feedback I find to be very helpful in developing an intuition for managing speed/energy, the rest though, for me, is just immersion enhancing.

For example, it is quite satisfying to me to flick my toggle switch for the gear and feel the impact of the gear lowering and raising or having a subtle vibration when the speed brakes are fully deployed in addition to the audio cues (which I've been told does happen in real aircraft). On this note, I recently invited a local Harvard (Canadian T-6) instructor pilot over and he tried out DCS in my setup. He confirmed in the T6, at least, you do in fact feel the gear lowering and raising and my setup gave a decent approximation of the feeling. He also found the simulated stall buffet a helpful approximation to the real world counterpart.

Edited by Razi

Is there any differences between jetseat/buttkicker? And do they break often?

jetseat in my opinion provides finer and more precise details because of the superior amount of different engines. for example with jetseat you will be able to know from what wing you shoot a missile, how hard and what wing you are tuning when pulling gs or the different landing gear doors.

buttkicker should be better to provide big, constant effects like engine rumble, touchdown, a10 gun,...

bear in mind you could use both systems at the same time

Edited by Tundra

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I can't speak for the Jetseat, but if it is helpful, as for transducers (buttkicker) this is my setup and experience.

I have transducers on the base of my simpit and feeling the effects through the feet and naturally up through the seat to my body and the HOTAS is pretty convincing. I originally had one directly mounted to the seat under my butt, but it proved to feel too artificial as it was too locally focused on my butt.

Feeling the effects through my feet as well as body was a much bigger change than I thought when I was experimenting. Firing the gun is one of the coolest things, especially in VR, with the whole pit shaking!

jetseat in my opinion provides finer and more precise details because of the superior amount of different engines. for example with jetseat you will be able to know from what wing you shoot a missile, how hard and what wing you are tuning when pulling gs or the different landing gear doors.

buttkicker should be better to provide big, constant effects like engine rumble, touchdown, a10 gun,...

bear in mind you could use both systems at the same time

good morning I am interested in acquiring a haptic seat to use it with my A 10 C warthog and I wanted you to give me your experience, both the positive and the negative, before buying it. Is it worth it and gives immersion to the game or not? Is the software useful or does it give problems? And finally which is better to buy the jetseat or realteus brands?.

thanks in advance

Is it worth it

Yes it is. For less than $200 I think it´s an absolutely bargain in terms of how much add to your experience. I can´t understand how people spend $500 on a pair of rudders or $800 on a big TV monitor and don´t have a tactile seat.

gives immersion to the game or not?

It does A LOT. Up to the point Im not flying if the seat is not connected. The sim feels flat, empty and boring.

Is the software useful or does it give problems?

The software SimShaker for Aviators, first and foremost, is FREE. Yes you could read the forum´s thread and some people having issues but developers are tracking those everyday, helping and reacting very quick; for example when SimShaker for Aviators got ForceFeel compability, there were a quick branch of beta versions during the first couple of weeks , ironing out bugs. Amazing work of them.

I wouldn´t say the software is difficult to install either. Easy to setup the different effects, using a generic profile or one per module you own. You can adjust every effect on the fly too, with DCS paused for example. Very convenient.

And finally which is better to buy the jetseat or realteus brands?.

thanks in advance

That´s tricky because JetSeat has been on the market for several years and Realteus hardly began (I got mine last February). You can read both threads here and find users from both systems report now and then of vibration engines stop working. A small percentage I would say.

However we can´t compare long term reliability of Realteus, simply because the production is on early stages still. I mean none has been using Realteus for a year.

Also Realteus first batch was quite messy to say the least. Delay after delay, bad communication developer <-> customers, integration with software has been problematic too...

I can tell you Im very very happy with how my ForceFeel works with DCS and some simracing games. I have never tried a JetSeat to make a statement. However, I can assure you I wish I had bought a tactile seat for my simpit long time ago because of the amazing effects that provides.

Basically I concur with this guy reviewing a JetSeat with F4 BMS, action begins at 8:00 :D

Like he says, the vibration is not just a random effect, and trust him when he´s telling he feels the Gs because, he is absolutely right.

Bad things:

- (for Realteus): the cables could be a bit longer, I had to buy a 5ft power plug extension. I have no problems with the USB cable but that depends mostly on your simpit dimensions, basically how far your seat is from your CPU tower to plug the USB.

- (for both Realteus and JetSeat): some guys find removing and putting the vibration pad for every flight an inconvenience. I don´t share that opinion, it´s just a matter of seconds and the pad, to me, is not designed to be over your seat all the time you are using your computer, unless you have a dedicated simpit.

I hope you find this small review useful, feel free to ask more questions and if you happen to visit Spain, bring some beers to my place so you can test the vibrating pad for yourself :thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Yes it is. For less than $200 I think it´s an absolutely bargain in terms of how much add to your experience. I can´t understand how people spend $500 on a pair of rudders or $800 on a big TV monitor and don´t have a tactile seat.

It does A LOT. Up to the point Im not flying if the seat is not connected. The sim feels flat, empty and boring.

The software SimShaker for Aviators, first and foremost, is FREE. Yes you could read the forum´s thread and some people having issues but developers are tracking those everyday, helping and reacting very quick; for example when SimShaker for Aviators got ForceFeel compability, there were a quick branch of beta versions during the first couple of weeks , ironing out bugs. Amazing work of them.

I wouldn´t say the software is difficult to install either. Easy to setup the different effects, using a generic profile or one per module you own. You can adjust every effect on the fly too, with DCS paused for example. Very convenient.

That´s tricky because JetSeat has been on the market for several years and Realteus hardly began (I got mine last February). You can read both threads here and find users from both systems report now and then of vibration engines stop working. A small percentage I would say.

However we can´t compare long term reliability of Realteus, simply because the production is on early stages still. I mean none has been using Realteus for a year.

Also Realteus first batch was quite messy to say the least. Delay after delay, bad communication developer <-> customers, integration with software has been problematic too...

I can tell you Im very very happy with how my ForceFeel works with DCS and some simracing games. I have never tried a JetSeat to make a statement. However, I can assure you I wish I had bought a tactile seat for my simpit long time ago because of the amazing effects that provides.

Basically I concur with this guy reviewing a JetSeat with F4 BMS, action begins at 8:00 :D

Like he says, the vibration is not just a random effect, and trust him when he´s telling he feels the Gs because, he is absolutely right.

Bad things:

- (for Realteus): the cables could be a bit longer, I had to buy a 5ft power plug extension. I have no problems with the USB cable but that depends mostly on your simpit dimensions, basically how far your seat is from your CPU tower to plug the USB.

- (for both Realteus and JetSeat): some guys find removing and putting the vibration pad for every flight an inconvenience. I don´t share that opinion, it´s just a matter of seconds and the pad, to me, is not designed to be over your seat all the time you are using your computer, unless you have a dedicated simpit.

I hope you find this small review useful, feel free to ask more questions and if you happen to visit Spain, bring some beers to my place so you can test the vibrating pad for yourself :thumbup:

Many Thanks for your excelent and fast answer.Now i have everything more clarified.Bye

Bad things:

Yes , i found this most helpful as well . Thanks !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

My 2-cents...

No need to echo the positives brought forth here - they are, to me, all true.

However, somehow I missed some issues with the ButtKicker 2 (I don't have a lot of spare cash and have never had something I researched let me down, til maybe now): After about 2 months the amp fried, quiet loudly with some smoke and sparks. Nothing else in my 'man cave' even flinched.

Now, this just happened 2 days ago and I've yet to get ahold of tech support. Digging back in time, further now, and it seems I am not alone.

I won't comment more until tech support has had their chance. Just beware. And I miss the sensation dearly, especially in the Tomcat (AOA sensation and G are the most important features IMO).

Good luck

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

I ordered yesterday a Realteus forcefeel pad and i hope that it arrive in the three or four days.

I will tell you as it works and what kinds sensations i have about it.

Bye

3-4 days only? lucky you, keep us posted.

• 1 month later...
They say that in their shipping conditions,two to seven laboral days.

I hope that they donot say lies :cry::cry:

Bye

I ordered mine May 1st.. they've been in preorder status for a while now, they said they'd have their next batch in mid May, however it's going on June, they recently emailed me and told me they're still waiting on China to ship them to them and then they'll start shipping them out to people that preordered. My guess is more like mid June.

To echo the sentiments, flying without my ButtKicker now would be like flying without VR, or like watching TV without sound. It's the last step in turning a computer game into a visceral experience.

The tactile feedback in WWII planes is especially helpful when you're flying close to the envelope.

To echo the sentiments, flying without my ButtKicker now would be like flying without VR, or like watching TV without sound. It's the last step in turning a computer game into a visceral experience.

The tactile feedback in WWII planes is especially helpful when you're flying close to the envelope.

Totally agree about the buttkicker, especially for helicopters.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

• 2 years later...

How does a real pilot feel AoA IRL ?

I'm using a bHaptics suit for flying, and for Gs I make my belly vibrate, since that's how I feel Gs in rollercoasters, kind off tickling there, and it feels very good when flying.

But for AoA, I have no clue what a pilot feels when AoA is high ... I don't wanna put any vibration, but something that gives immersion beside informative feedback ...

Edited by cercata

• 6 months later...
On 10/21/2022 at 2:13 AM, PharaohSteve said:

Is there any option out there anymore besides buttkicker?

For big units no, you need the ndiy approach, buying the shakers and Amps separately and wires and fixing structures. The budget range is very wide. 

Clark synthesis and behringer amp and we are talking about $1000 investment. 

Dayton audio exciters and nobsound amp, hardly $100.

Then you have pads to cover your seat with smaller rumble motors, such as Andre Jetseat and simracing studio pad

• Like 1