Weekly "DCS: Tomcat" Update Thread

Belphe

Hi,

I'm sure that I'm not alone eagerly anticipating the DCS World Patch Notes every Wednesday and/or Friday. As you know, we are usually notified if a general update is planned at least a few hours before it lands in a dedicated sticky thread on the forums. I was wondering if it was possible to have a similar thread on any updates planned to release for the DCS: Tomcat on a weekly basis. Nothing major - a simple, non-binding "An update is planned" or "No update this week" would do!

There have been quite few DCS World Open Beta patches lately (pretty much one every week) but they not always contained updates to the F-14B (and its fine - no pressure Heatblur!). I respect your work greatly and would never want you to rush but unfortunately I pretty much live from Wednesday to Wednesday and would appreciate knowing if anything Tomcat-related was headed my way that particular week... or not. The awesome Tomcat road map presented to us a few weeks ago has teased me so much that I started thinking that perhaps "soon" no longer meant "two weeks" ;) Knowing that we will find "F-14B by Heatblur" in bold in the DCS Patch Notes this and any other future Wednesday would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HB tries to keep 2 weeks schedule but it sometimes changes (both sonner or later). This friday's update is scheduled for the stable branch.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

HB has been really on solid ground with their updates and trying not to "Jump the Gun."

I think trying to box them into a "this is what we're going to do and when," will do an injustice to their product.

It's their plane, let them develop and release the updates when they want.

Otherwise, not trying to be snarky, develop a MOD or plane that you want to fly and release it

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

It is but no ETA yet. As with all things DCS, I'll believe it when I see it.
Thanks, then i would buy it also. I hate to be Hollow-Man in my Cockpit

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

The problem is promising. Because as much as you say know, it is not binding, once we say it is coming, it is binding.

We always have a patch for every two weeks, but lately the update schedule has been out of schedule, due to the F-16, sometimes without or little warning. This is totally fine and understandable, but it makes us then look, as if we skip patches, while we really prepare for the scheduled ones, which atm are also likely to be postponed (again understandable and natural at the moment).

We uplaoded an update for the next openbeta patch, but saying "it is coming" will just tune you for a date or something, which then might not be the case and that leads to disappointment, that is just natural.

Like some folks have been firmly assuming the aim54 changes will be in the next patch - Cobra only said they might be, but it is immediately taken for granted, and of course, we ran into issues and now the changes won't be in the patch...

Hence it is best to work towards updates and release the changelogs as they come. And have roadmap updates in between. It's not that we try to obfuscate stuff, it is to protect you (and us ) from disappointment. Hope that makes sense.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hence it is best to work towards updates and release the changelogs as they come. And have roadmap updates in between. It's not that we try to obfuscate stuff, it is to protect you (and us ) from disappointment. Hope that makes sense.

You guys do have the best community "expectations managment" in DCS IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You guys do have the best community "expectations managment" in DCS IMO.

We do have our fair share of mistakes as well though, hehe. But of course, sometimes enthusiasm gets the better of one, or an honest estimate gets pushed around, because development, etc etc... But we try to be careful as much as we can.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

We do have our fair share of mistakes as well though, hehe. But of course, sometimes enthusiasm gets the better of one, or an honest estimate gets pushed around, because development, etc etc... But we try to be careful as much as we can.

Well the cat mostly lived up the pre-release hype :)

Not to derail this, but regarding your guy's forrestal, does it have any dependency on the ED carrier module? And I think at some point the prognostication was before the end of the year on it?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It does not depend on the ED carrier module and we are still aiming at the end of the year, but please dont crucify us, if we don't make it. As always, suddenly the end of the year is approaching with horrifying speed...

Heatblur Simulations

The problem is promising. Because as much as you say know, it is not binding, once we say it is coming, it is binding.

We always have a patch for every two weeks, but lately the update schedule has been out of schedule, due to the F-16, sometimes without or little warning. This is totally fine and understandable, but it makes us then look, as if we skip patches, while we really prepare for the scheduled ones, which atm are also likely to be postponed (again understandable and natural at the moment).

We uplaoded an update for the next openbeta patch, but saying "it is coming" will just tune you for a date or something, which then might not be the case and that leads to disappointment, that is just natural.

Like some folks have been firmly assuming the aim54 changes will be in the next patch - Cobra only said they might be, but it is immediately taken for granted, and of course, we ran into issues and now the changes won't be in the patch...

Copy that, over & out :thumbup:

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This ^

Thanks IronMike, there is too much talk and not enough action in our community sometimes (cue the elvis JXL song), I for one would rather be taken by surprise with an update rather than be let down by something that is 'promised' then doesn't get delivered on time because it wasn't tested properly initially and bugs are found with it.

Keep up the great work guys, S!

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Not even a single line on the Tomcat in today's patch notes?! :cry:

patience... either they'll update the change log, or HB is out of sync and will have to add their changes to the next update. With the irregularity of the ED updates, this is to be expected.

There are changes. I’ve seen someone on Discord post the NAVGRID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

*Fixed double fuel weight assigned to ac on carrier spawn

The 2nd most awesome thing i read today! :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

*Fixed double fuel weight assigned to ac on carrier spawn

The 2nd most awesome thing i read today! :thumbup:

Was the first that the AIM-7MH was coming to the Tomcat? Because that has excited me more than anything else... playing with it now and the 2xAIM-9M and 6xAIM-7MH has been a HUGE amount of fun!

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

2xAIM-9M and 6xAIM-7MH has been a HUGE amount of fun!

That's weird :/ I only had "5 minutes" to check last night but of the 3 MHs I launched from 15 - 18 miles none got to the target (AI Su-27)..

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's weird :/ I only had "5 minutes" to check last night but of the 3 MHs I launched from 15 - 18 miles none got to the target (AI Su-27)..

It's waaay too far unless both of you were high alt, high speed hot. Afaik MH doesn't add much to M beside lofting.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria