Oculus RIFT S doesn't launch DCS anymore

Hueyman

Hello,

Just got the Rift S and was blown away with the immersion, first time I loaded up the Huey, I got crazy in my room.. I was there ...

Anyway, after two days of amazements, it just stopped working.

The Rift works correctly in the Oculus app but after a few moments I get black screens. Then it seems to work correctly again, and when I launch DCS, it loads up to the hangar with the Su 27 for 2 seconds ( still no interface displayed ) then immediately clause ( no crash message ) back to the Oculus soft.

Other issue in X-Plane : VR loads up nicely but the two touches remotes cannot select anything, just show the sights but cannot grab anything.

Tried updated nVidia drivers, then rolling back

Repairing Oculus soft, uninstalling, re installing.. no changes

DCS last open beta version

Windows 10 64 Bits

Any clues ?

Thanks !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

I have the Rift CV1 and I have never been able to launch DCS through the oculus library. Saying that I have never been able to launch any 3rd party games through the oculus library.

Edited by Bearskin

GigabyteZ390, 9900K, RTX2080, 32 gig RAM,TM Warthog, Cessna Pro Pedals, Pico 4

I have the Rift CV1 and I have never been able to launch DCS through the oculus library. Saying that I have never been able to launch any 3rd party games through the oculus library.

some actually do launch, but DCS never did here, either.

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

Crazy ... it worked like a charm for three days and now nothing !!

It doesn't even launch in normal desktop shortcut. It just loads and instantly close it.

Here are both my DCS Logs and Rift Log

You tried running a DCS repair?

Personally I load up Oculus then DCS from desktop and then jump in rig. Never had much luck loading DCS from inside Oculus.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Have you guys checked to make sure the batteries in your hand controllers aren't dead? I realized that they die very quickly so know I only use the "main" (right hand) one and pull the battery out when I'm not actually using it.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

@victor3 the oculus dash and systems will alert you to that, many many many many annoying times and somtimes literally pull you out of the game to tell you when they get very low.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I have never been able to launch DCS from within Oculus software, always have to launch from the desktop shortcut.

As far as Touch batteries, I just take mine out when not going to be using them for a while.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|