What’s next in terms of updates

Dav IRL

My biggest peeve is the deck sliding. Can’t do ramp starts on the deck with aircraft parked on the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

the ICEMAN-pilot "AI" is considered feature complete, although we might small things like orbit etc. Making anything more is outside of our time related abilities.

Jester AI will be imroved over time and is still a WIP.

The deck sliding is unfortunately related to netcode and multicrew and on ED's side, not ours. It also very much depends on the server and connected client's internect speeds, pings etc... so the better the server and the client's connection, the less you should see it.

By pings I mean true pings btw, not the ones shown by DCS. You can easily have a guy connected to the server with a ping of 300, but his true ping will be 18000 or something else completely ludacris. You will only see this on ther server's ressource manager, network tab and then connections to DCS. This one guy will then make everyone warp, rubber band and increase such issues. And 18000 isnt even needed for that, the more players a server has the lower is DCS's tolerance to pings. On busy 24/7 servers any true ping above 250ms starts to get problematic and impede server stability - which also includes sliding in multicrew, btw not only in the F14.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

the ICEMAN-pilot "AI" is considered feature complete, although we might small things like orbit etc. Making anything more is outside of our time related abilities.

Jester AI will be imroved over time and is still a WIP.

The deck sliding is unfortunately related to netcode and multicrew and on ED's side, not ours. It also very much depends on the server and connected client's internect speeds, pings etc... so the better the server and the client's connection, the less you should see it.

By pings I mean true pings btw, not the ones shown by DCS. You can easily have a guy connected to the server with a ping of 300, but his true ping will be 18000 or something else completely ludacris. You will only see this on ther server's ressource manager, network tab and then connections to DCS. This one guy will then make everyone warp, rubber band and increase such issues. And 18000 isnt even needed for that, the more players a server has the lower is DCS's tolerance to pings. On busy 24/7 servers any true ping above 250ms starts to get problematic and impede server stability - which also includes sliding in multicrew, btw not only in the F14.

Does ED know about the sliding? I haven't seen anything from them about their concerns with the bug. Wondering if a bug post would help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

TWS Auto, TID BIT tests, IP Bombing with human RIO, RIO white flood lights, RIO button lighting and getting the F-14B engine instruments are things I really miss.

And of course ED related issues like correct Phoenix guidance and RIO cockpit shaking.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

TWS Auto, TID BIT tests, IP Bombing with human RIO, RIO white flood lights, RIO button lighting and getting the F-14B engine instruments are things I really miss.

And of course ED related issues like correct Phoenix guidance and RIO cockpit shaking.

+1, all of that plus Collision Steering button function, NAVGRID, AVIA display , correct exterior model for BOL Chaff rails, various pilot test switch functions during cold start.

+1, all of that plus Collision Steering button function, NAVGRID, AVIA display , correct exterior model for BOL Chaff rails, various pilot test switch functions during cold start.

Totally forgot about Collision Steering and NAVGRID, which are great points! :thumbup:

What's AVIA though? Never heard of it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Totally forgot about Collision Steering and NAVGRID, which are great points! :thumbup:

What's AVIA though? Never heard of it.

Attitude, Velocity, ILS, Angle of attack.

It’s a display mode that projects some attitude indicator type information on the RIO’s TID. Its used I guess as a cross check against the pilots info for crew coordination during IMC / IFR. Limited use I guess for most of us on dcs, but I want it because it’s more buttons and displays to play with and for completeness sake.

Attitude, Velocity, ILS, Angle of attack.

It’s a display mode that projects some attitude indicator type information on the RIO’s TID. Its used I guess as a cross check against the pilots info for crew coordination during IMC / IFR. Limited use I guess for most of us on dcs, but I want it because it’s more buttons and displays to play with and for completeness sake.

Sounds interesting and when flying in IMC/IFR conditions as a RIO I already wish sometimes I would have something like that. I have asked my pilots more than once about our current AOA (yes, I sometimes don't fully trust my pilot to bring us home safely :music_whistling:)and hence would love to see that myself, as well as ILS and vertical velocity! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sounds interesting and when flying in IMC/IFR conditions as a RIO I already wish sometimes I would have something like that. I have asked my pilots more than once about our current AOA (yes, I sometimes don't fully trust my pilot to bring us home safely :music_whistling:)and hence would love to see that myself, as well as ILS and vertical velocity! :thumbup:

Indeed, would be very useful in mp. As far as I know you get scales each side with speed and angle of attack as well as a velocity vector and ILS bars in the middle.

Does ED know about the sliding? I haven't seen anything from them about their concerns with the bug. Wondering if a bug post would help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You can go post a bug report, but they probably know. The real question is whether or not there is much they can actually do about it. Synching 40 players on a server with wildly varying ping times is probably under that "non-trivial" problem category.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Correctly working Wing Sweep Bomb mode... icon_redface.gif

What do you mean?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The wings won't come forward in bomb mode. They just go back to 55° or more, but they should also come forward to 55° again when slowing down. Basically bomb mode is exactly like auto, but with 55° being the least / most forward wing sweep angle. Has been acknowledged already and probably the fix will be in one of the next updates.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Has been acknowledged already and probably the fix will be in one of the next updates.

Good. Is this bugged for both Jester and human RIO ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The wings won't come forward in bomb mode. They just go back to 55° or more, but they should also come forward to 55° again when slowing down. Basically bomb mode is exactly like auto, but with 55° being the least / most forward wing sweep angle. Has been acknowledged already and probably the fix will be in one of the next updates.

That makes sense. I wondered why I had to keep adjusting the sweep in that mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro