VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi Guys

I did yesterday the DCS update and then purchased voiceattack/vaicom and installed it.

So its my first and i have no experience with this software whatsoever.

First its super immersive and amazing it almost has a trackir factor from the your never going back point of view and even if i am a native german speaking person it recognices almost every word i say.

I made some test in this rinse and repeat manner,

1 tweak something in the control panel of vaicom

2 launch dcs

3 instant action Hornet carrier take off.

4 Revert/keep the changes.

I always was able to communicate with the atc or tell my wingmen to call it a day and rtb so that works just fine.

Later in Multiplayer, startup from Parking area:

able to communicate with the atc for take off and flew towards the carrier

carrier inbound or nearest carrier inbound didnt work while approaching but instead anapa who was the nearest tower apart from the stennis.

Tried to approach the tanker Not able to call for tanker or approaching for refuel, and then suddenly the keybutton for the comms not working anymore menu not visible by keystroke

Tried the rinse and repeat with the instant action areal refueling, the same picture, not able to communicate with texaco on 251mhz only way to speak to the ai was then to press Ralt or rshift and the communicationsmenu button.

Seems to be broken as soon as a tanker is involved.

This is just my feedback as i really would like to say its a must have like TrackIR

But this wasnt the case for me yesterday as i wasnt able to contact the tanker with keyboard or vaicom.(as i figured out later only was able to communicate via some form of combination of lshift lalt and the commenu button, but the communication menu never was visible ( i didnt checked the hide menu box)

But like i statet i have no experience with this software.

Hope this helps with testing

Cheers Evilfisher

Is it possible to make VIACOM allow us to have a 'Global Profile'?

I have a music profile that is Global because I use it in many games. VIACOM says that it is Unable to run the Plugin because I am running the wrong version of VoiceAttack.

If I remove the Global Profile, everything works fine.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

How did you sort this out?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Non Native English

Hi Guys just bought these plugins but having hard time to making it's working. I started a instant Action mission, Ready at ramp and with PPT pushed showed Comm dialog with the tower, but the only command recognized was "abort takeoff". Is there a command list so I can figure out which command I shall say, e.g "request taxi to runway"? Also is there a configuration for a non native English spoken to consider accent?

Thanks!

Hi Guys just bought these plugins but having hard time to making it's working. I started a instant Action mission, Ready at ramp and with PPT pushed showed Comm dialog with the tower, but the only command recognized was "abort takeoff". Is there a command list so I can figure out which command I shall say, e.g "request taxi to runway"? Also is there a configuration for a non native English spoken to consider accent?

Thanks!

Yes, there is an option in speech control panel :

http://prntscr.com/k40r1f

I'm spanish and my spoken english is rubbish.. but I'm running Vaicom perfectly, I'm surprised with the ease of Windows recognizing my words..

I'm having the same problem as many before. Vaicom is understanding my commands, but its not communicating to DCS. Does anyone know a fix for this? I've reinstalled, deleted lua's etc., but nothing is working.

Same issue happen to me, any with a solution?:helpsmilie:

EDIT: Select and deselect Manage DCS-side files manually, voila, suddenly works again.

Edited by Olmba

Tonight I've just figured out rule number 1 for everything. If you're using DCS via Steam, DITCH it for the DCS standalone.

Not only is Vaicom working smoothly with standalone but there's lots of other small differences in game. Wingman AI is much better for starters.

The Steam version is 2nd rate.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I changed my W10 language to USA and checked "Non-Native accents for this language". What I realized is you must keep the Settings window open, if not it will set back for your language.

I Also opened the Vaicom Pro setting window and in keyboard editor I trained all the words as said in youtube video (bellow) at 13:10

Hey guys, are you planning on allowing the plugin to run after switching profiles? DCS is not the only title that I use VoiceAttck for and I find it very frustrating to have to quit VA and load it again when I wish to fly DCS after playing something else, especially when I cant do that easily from within VR. To give you an idea, I have 30 separate VA Profiles that have cross-linking to allow for a lot of functionality across various games and applications.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PocketEdition If it's hard to you, you can imagine for me that speak portuguese, go figure!

What I did and helped me a lot was:

- Change my W10 to USA English

-In W10 settings/ speech language a set "English USA"

and checked "Recognize non-native accents for this language!"

In Vaicom Pro / Keywords Editor a started a TRaining ( I did all the 430) and click the mike button and a microphone (Windows ) show up. When my speech was not recognized by Vaicom I right clicked in the microphone window and choose ( I don't remenber if was spelling or dictonary) and recorded the frase with my voice.

- Also in Voice Attack / Settings/ REcognition I choose Speech Engine " Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0"

Hope it will work for you!

• ED Team

I have 3 questions:

1. Is it possible to use completely different control assignments for each module? I use completely different buttons/hats as PTT depending on which module I fly, for instance when flying the MiG-21 I use a throttle button, for the Hornet I use the throttle hat as PTT and for the Huey I use the stick trigger instead. This was never a problem with the in game radio or with SRS but it looks like VAICOM requires a single setup for all modules. Is it possible to have different buttons assigned to the same "TX#" inputs depending on which aircraft is used? Or, alternatively, are you planning to allow the in-game mappings to act as PTT in the future? Otherwise I don't think I'll be purchasing the pro version (EDIT: unless it's a VA limitation).

2. Is it possible to switch between "single" and "multi" setups for a given module? Is it a PRO feature only? Or is it permanently assigned to a module? I'm asking, because the Huey has two PTT inputs (first stage of trigger for the Interphone, second stage depending on the dial selection) but in VAICOM it is listed as "single" key, with only the "SEL/AUTO" key available for assignment.

EDIT: 3. Is it possible to assign multiple key commands to the same TX function within the same profile? Or does VAICOM rely entirely on the spoken command name to work? I want the PTT on a two-stage trigger to release the first stage command both when the first stage is released and when the second stage is pressed (on X52 pro the first stage remains pressed when the second stage is pressed), to make room for the second stage command. Analogously, I want it to switch back to interphone when releasing second stage.

EDIT 2: Disregard 3, made it work by manually editing the input order within the tx commands. It's nice that you have the actual commands sent to the plugin exposed.

Edited by m4ti140

@Highway Turns out this is not an easy thing to fix, but it's on the todo list.

@m4ti140

For 1) you can use the exposed variables to tweak your VA profle, see last page of the manual. This is a PRO feature.

For 2) you could make use of the Single to Multi mapping which maps out the individual radios separately including intercom (also a PRO feature). Need help with this just send me a PM.

Re 3) you can assign any key(s) / button(s) you like to the TX nodes by editing the VA profile.

Two updates in the 'known issues' category:

*) Most users will know this already but the Instant Select feature does not work for the F-5E Tiger II.

This is because of the specific way the radio was modelled in this module. The Select command can be used to switch recipient in a category.

*) There are some reports of users with the Elite Dangerous plugin EDDI having issues with keywords training mode. Disabling EDDI solves this. It's being looked into.

Grtz :joystick:

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

• ED Team

@Hollywood 315

With regards to 2: The thing is that the Huey uses both single and multi mapping at the same time, if that makes any sense. Is it possible to have one TX button force Interphone and another stay as "SEL/AUTO" (which would replicate the real Huey setting)?

As for 1: Do you mean setting up multiple TX inputs with their actual commands wrapped in conditional statement checking for the currently active module? I suppose that could work for me, thanks, I will check out the pro version. Still, do you have any plans for using the in-game assignments as PTT (assuming it's even possible within the VA API in the first place)?

EDIT: Why does VAICOM change the behaviour of in game PTT buttons? Before installing VAICOM pressing the trigger to the first stage opened the interphone menu and pressing the second stage opened the selected radio menu. Now, regardless of which button I press it opens a "SEL/AUTO" menu even if VA is not running at all. Easy comms are off. Did the scripts installed by the plugin change this behaviour?

EDIT2: Resetting lua code brought back the old functionality. I uninstalled VAICOM for now. Why does VAICOM make unrealistic changes to how the radios work within the module itself? Huey uses two PTT buttons, not one.

Edited by m4ti140

OK thanks for flagging, this hasn't been raised as an issue by other Huey users. Will have a look at some point.

If you're very keen about it you can manipulate the profile to have both stages trigger the single TX node for SEL/AUTO.

The menu headers do not influence their functionality.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

• ED Team
OK thanks for flagging, this hasn't been raised as an issue by other Huey users. Will have a look at some point.

If you're very keen about it you can manipulate the profile to have both stages trigger the single TX node for SEL/AUTO.

The menu headers do not influence their functionality.

OK, thanks for the replies. Is it even currently possible to have one of the TX buttons override to one of the radios while the dial (SEL/AUTO) mapping is active, or will it require additional coding on your part?

I'm going to get the PRO license today and start setting up the profile for my module-specific setups, I will PM you if I run into further problems. Looking forward to updates on the Huey functionality.

EDIT: As for why this wasn't raised previously - my impression is that most Huey pilots either use a standard mapping ignoring the actual functionality, or only map the second stage due to limited use for the Interphone in DCS (ground crew only). I planned to map the co-pilot/gunner orders as additional commands attached to the interphone node (TX5) to give it additional functionality besides communication with ground crew but the single button mapping we have right now kind of defeats the purpose. Can the module configs be edited manually in the PRO version or are they all locked up?

Edited by m4ti140

• ED Team

OK, putting it into a separate post for clarity, because this is most likely a windows 10 issue: The MSVR window keeps switching to dictation mode when in training, showing me the spelling window when it doesn't recognize something. The worst part is, if I try to add a word to the dictionary, from this point on it will show me the "alternatives panel" and trying to write it into the command phrase field. VA doesn't recognize the phrase either.

EDIT: Judging by its behaviour, MSVR doesn't stick to the VAICOM command set but listens to every single word in its dictionary. Thank you Microsoft...

Edited by m4ti140

OK, putting it into a separate post for clarity, because this is most likely a windows 10 issue: The MSVR window keeps switching to dictation mode when in training, showing me the spelling window when it doesn't recognize something. The worst part is, if I try to add a word to the dictionary, from this point on it will show me the "alternatives panel" and trying to write it into the command phrase field. VA doesn't recognize the phrase either.
Do you have any other plugins active in VA. It may interfere.

• ED Team
Do you have any other plugins active in VA. It may interfere.

It's literally a fresh install of VA.

Also no matter what I try it is completely unable to differentiate between "Arco", "Cargo", "Outlaw" and "Out Cold". Right now each of those brings up the "alternatives" panel.

EDIT: A little update: Forcing AEC off and enforcing US version of MSR in VA options seems to have significantly improved recognition.

Edited by m4ti140

Is there an update for VIACOM? I just had an update for VA, and now it says "UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VIACOM PRO 2.5'. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK."

• ED Team

Guys, now that I have it sorted out and I highlighted the PTT issue with Huey: Are you guys planning to implement flight crew commands? E.g. for the gunners in the Huey and, in future, possibly for the F-14 RIO?