Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Cyph3r

From first page:

VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Handles

2 x 2-way Switches <<< generally this mean a physically ON-OFF-ON switch, but in firmware can be assigned a button for switch OFF position (e.g. TUSBA adapter), but how will be was not informed.

I hope it will be on-off-on latching switches as that will be more versatile.

The available VPC Configurator Light user guide - no buttons configuration option.

https://virpil.com/images/support/VPC-Configurator-Light---ENG.pdf

Just an equivalence to VKB Wizzo utility then. Thanks for the info. I hope something more akin to VKBDevCfg is planed.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the throttle not available, anymore ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

It hasn't been released yet

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

It is still up on their site with listed availability in March 2018.

They have sure been mighty quiet the last several weeks...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

They have sure been mighty quiet the last several weeks...

Yea, I'm not implying they will release it in March - just hoping they will have an update with a solid release date. T-50 (grip and base) both went through delays, it seems inevitable with small manufacturers...

It was scheduled originally for last December, but due to suggestions they were making some modifications to the design, which caused the delay in production. 1st qtr 2018 was the new projected date, hopefully late Feb, or early March.

It was scheduled originally for last December, but due to suggestions they were making some modifications to the design, which caused the delay in production. 1st qtr 2018 was the new projected date, hopefully late Feb, or early March.

--------Well, virpil is a really good listener, worth waiting.

They just updated their FB page, it’s off to production.

:thumbup:

That is good to hear.

Guess we are going to have to get our Virpil news from Facebook now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

They mention in that FB news release that the base has been widened.

I wonder if it will still fit the Warthog throttle mounting pattern?

Don B

The more interesting question is that initial release will come with hats only, but will be followed 'shortly' (whatever iteration of this word means in this particular case) by a version that has a micro stick. Now I keep thinking if its even worth buying original release one.

► VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle - Off to Production!

The VIRPIL Controls team are proud to present the final version of the VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle, based on the modern Russian fighter jet.

Realising that a new throttle is one of the most anticipated flight sim devices, we introduced an early concept in October 2017 for feedback from the community. This version was tested at MAKS-2017, not only by ordinary visitors to the expo, but also combat pilots and members of the top aerobatic teams.

None of our previous devices have received as much feedback and community wishes as the VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle - the VIRPIL Controls team expresses great gratitude to all the virpils who took the time to provide feedback on the previously released concepts. Your help has enabled us to bring the VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle closer than ever to the ideal design!

MT-50Final_01.jpg

MT-50Final_02.jpg

The final revision changes:

• Added LED backlighting which includes 3 mode and can be disabled entirely.
  • Throttle axis mechanics have been completely redesigned, and are fully adjustable. This includes a tension adjustment and each lever has 2 completely customisable (and removable) detents.
  • The length of the throttle handle stem has been increased.
  • The base layout has been modified; the base has been widened by 2cm to allow for more comfortable operation of all the available controls.
  • The main LED modes are Red, Green and combined for the final mode. We would like to hear from the community how you would like the LEDs to operate (and controlled) so that we can make the firmware accordingly.
  • Due to these extensive changes, there may be some change on the previously announced price - this will be confirmed closer to the release.
  • The release is scheduled for the end of the Q1 2018.

Today - not just concepts, but renders of the final model are shown. These renders correspond to the exact model which has been sent for manufacture.

Unfortunately we were not able to fulfill every wish and desire for the VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle - however, the feedback will help shape our future products as well!

Stay tuned for further news on VPC products!

Thanks,

VIRPIL Controls

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The length of the throttle handle stem has been increased.

That brought a question to mind, would it have been possible to add a adjustment for length of that? Like 2-3 different height by 2-4cm difference? Like unlock something and raise handle and lock in new position?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

@Cyph3r

Can you tell me if the 2-ways switches on the right handle would on-off-on (have middle position) or just on-on? And the on position will be momentary or it will stick in place?

Is there a plan for a more advance software (than the currently available VPC software lite version) to program the throttle like your competitors?

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

@Cyph3r

Have you thought about adding a 12"-18" extension to the main throttle handle for helo users to mount vertically and use as a collective? Since the tension and detent are customizable, it could work very well.

Just a thought as out helicopter users do not get much love for collectives.

Reed

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

I still hope that those 2 way hats get turned into 4 way hats.

Please. there is no reason not to. Just sayin'...

Z...

Might be too late for that. They already sent to production.

The 2-way hats are 4-way hats now. You can tell because they have the 2 extra bumps to the left and right of the main bumps, whereas the original renders did not.

You are very perceptive! Yes, I can see now. They are now all have the same shape as the front 4-way hat.

Edited by Starkiller

The 2-way hats are 4-way hats now. You can tell because they have the 2 extra bumps to the left and right of the main bumps, whereas the original renders did not.

I'll believe that when they confirm it themselves, I've not seen anything official make a note of that. I did note the textures on the hats, yes, but until official confirmation... Anyways, I live in hope...

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

Wonder why VPC themselves said they weren't with the initial release then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440