AI helos enage fighters up high

Just take look a picture.

Used mission generator.

Blue hornets and apaches vs mig-29's and Ka-50's =

Hornets enage sharks , and apaches start to climb up to enage mig's far away.. :megalol:

So please fix even basic things , how hard it is to tell helos only enage fighters if shot.

And maybe tell fighters to enage fighters first. Even old sims from 90's have target priority for AI..but not dcs.. even after this time :doh:

Like trump would say:

Dangerous targets first!

—rant off—-

Screen_180216_123849.thumb.png.c711efac3e5c1089927e765e57fecaed.png

Edited by Haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oHZZUJU.gif

Joking aside : set ROE -> priority designated and they shouldn't go after things that aren't after them

Allready made it in mission uoloaded

But still this makes mission generator quite useless, or least missions must be edited :/

I really hope that ed is not blind about AI problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AI helos enage fighters up high

Bumb until hell frozes or this gets reported or least some info when or will AI get some basic things fixed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd argue it's not really a big or a problem with the AI: the generic taskings are designed so that aircraft engage any hostile target they detect. The detection picture is aided by support units etc. etc. so it's reasonable fighters would try to engage helos and vice versa. That's working as intended...sure it leads to some strange behavior in complex situations but the basic taskings are just that. They're made so someone with no experience in the ME can drop in a red plane and a blue plane and they'll try to kill each other.

It's already possible to make the AI behave in the way you're describing...what you're asking for is more a wishlist item to make the AI tasking in the mission generator more involved, which is not a "basic" concept at all. ED have stated they are working on adding dynamic campaign style content to DCS so my advice would be to try to be a little patient. With the merge finally out the door I'm optimistic we'll start to see some real traction on some long awaited features and content. :)

Edited by feefifofum

Yeah, the basic tasks apparently are only meant for the absolute most simple missions. If you want better AI, always delete default tasks and then add your own. For example at a waypoint add "Start Enroute Task" > "Search Then Engage" and you can give the AI distance at which to attack enemies, what enemies to attack, how long to attack, etc.

I never use the basic tasks unless I'm making a super quick mission like a 1v1 air start against the AI.

EDIT

I see that you're using the mission generator though. I never use, just the full editor. You can take generated missions into the editor, but yeah if the default tasks are causing issues for generated missions, this is something ED might want to look into.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

This is combat sim, helos using laser guided missiles to fighterjets is far from realistic. Its just bad AI , and so is fighters that enage helos when they have RWR full of enemy planes.

AI needs work , basic target priority logic.

This is nothing to do with wishlist.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is combat sim, helos using laser guided missiles to fighterjets is far from realistic.

I'm not sure. The reverse has happened, an F-15E has used a laser guided bomb on a flying Mi-24 successfully.

Certainly helicopters shouldn't be seeking out fighters to shoot, and I'm sure a fighter can provide a lot of trouble for an anti tank missile, but I can also see it being possible to use such a missile to kill a fighter in certain circumstances.

Its just bad AI , and so is fighters that enage helos when they have RWR full of enemy planes.

AI needs work , basic target priority logic.

This I can agree with, I don't like the way that basic tasking was handled in DCS. I don't think ED can get rid of it without messing up mission compatibility, but the tasks do need an overhaul.

There is some fair AI behavior with the advanced tasks, but you need to set them yourself. Even those have problems though. I find them especially restrictive as DCS doesn't let you assign some actions to certain tasks while LUA scripting lets you do anything you want. I think ED should just add some custom tasking with no restrictions and use some custom tasking templates to replace the default unit tasks from now on.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Im bit alone with AI, maybe i want too much :D

But anyway:

Roe=only designated + cas task -> looks to be only option that works. Now helos leave fighter jets alone and still take out other helos and tanks.

More testers please, maybe we get some AI fixes sooner when there is more evidence that ai is fubar.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm wanting to look into this, but I've been busy. I'm especially curious because I haven't had these issues in my missions, but I haven't really used helicopters either. One thing I did notice was a flight of fighters that ignored me until I shot at them, but this was a one off thing and might have been a mission setup issue.

I can't even get the AI helos to engage ground units now so I believe that there are other problems going on besides this. I delete the tasks and then assign them engage a target at a waypoint and they turn around and head home without doing anything at all. So something seems to be wrong with AI behavior currently. Hopefully a lot of this will be fixed with 2.5 stable.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And one random thing that i noticed when looking helo battle : mi-28’s wont shoot against apaches , but apaches take those down.

Yes , maybe some mod will also check this :)

Ai is somehow weird.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I finally got around to testing AI behavior and I found no issues. I made a couple of missions and played with settings. By default the F-15 and Mi-24 ignore each other because the Mi-24 is set to perform CAS and the F-15 is told to CAP but ignore helicopters. If I check the helicopter box for the F-15, then it engages the Mi-24.

I'll download your mission and see if I can fix it.

EDIT

I changed Priority Designated to Only Designated and the Mi-28's Ignored the F-15 until they were fired on. Track is attached

AI Test.miz

AI Test AWACS.miz

Fixed.trk

Edited by Exorcet

I can't even get the AI helos to engage ground units now so I believe that there are other problems going on besides this. I delete the tasks and then assign them engage a target at a waypoint and they turn around and head home without doing anything at all. So something seems to be wrong with AI behavior currently. Hopefully a lot of this will be fixed with 2.5 stable.

Same for me. AI is running away instead of engaging ground units. :(

But it's a BETA. Quite Shure there are many unexpected problems after release :cry:

Simple needs time.

Always expect the unexpected :megalol:

Always happy landings ;)