Getting pissed of at lag hackers

Skyracer

You play one server, you get in a bvr engagement and all of a sudden the enemy just starting to lagg like crazy. Your missiles have no chance to hit him.

You go back tac view he fly perfectly fine all time but just when you go in the bvr engagement the guy starting to lag around. How to i protect myself from this hackers?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

While I beleave there are really people who do something to lag when in bad position (God have mercy on their poor soul)... DCS would sometimes also lag on its own when there is a missile launch somewhere.. I hope the latter case is more frequent than the first one and it will be wanished as multiplayer getts improved with time ahead.

Well that was a fast conclusion.

Why would anyone deliberately lag? Makes you just as impossible to hit/follow. And who is it to say, that it isnt you lagging at that point? Anytime something loads in, be it missiles, ejections, ground unit, explosions what ever, given number of clients who dont have the given object/effect in memory, will experience a stutter of a given size. This stutter will by others be perceived as lag. The bigger the stutter, the stronger the lag.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Well that was a fast conclusion.

Why would anyone deliberately lag? Makes you just as impossible to hit/follow. And who is it to say, that it isnt you lagging at that point? Anytime something loads in, be it missiles, ejections, ground unit, explosions what ever, given number of clients who dont have the given object/effect in memory, will experience a stutter of a given size. This stutter will by others be perceived as lag. The bigger the stutter, the stronger the lag.

The intention with the lag it to make you impossible to kill!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Lag isn’t always a sign of hackers being evil...most of the time it’s normal, given the ping rate, population numbers, weapons fire, etc.

TacView simply records unit positions and vitals, and doesn’t have to calculate perspective and highly detailed model rendering (which also create lag).

Do you know your system specs and settings you’re using?

While I wouldn't throw the hacker-accusation-card on the table from the start, I've seen this too. The enemy flies normal as long as they are in no threat position, and then when you have him suddenly they start lagging like crazy - and this has been irrespective of the server load. Yes, many times it is unintentional, but there have been real cases.

Another thing I've seen is that some (rare nowadays luckily) players who start losing in ACM start spamming screenshots, which also causes lag... so they better survive your shot and then run away like crazy.

Let's be real - cheating happens in all games, even in DCS. This is not a safe haven of virtuous pilots. Though it is not even closely as rampant as in other games it still does exist occasionally.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Well really someone can cause it, actually yes really everyone on the server causes it but as best I can tell it is just how the DCS code base is currently. When any player does something it can cause a lag in performance, as far as I can see even flying on aerobatics servers there is still always lag events.

These lag events usually coincide to a player event such as dying or a player spawning an aircraft in game or other actions. I just hope that I haven't caused a lag event just by switching between F2 views.

If I have sorry. Live long and prosper. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

DCS netcode ain't the best for large population servers. Long running missions, large unit count, missiles in the air, high pings, ai movement are amongst many things that often create lag in DCS, hacking is the last thing on most DCS veterans minds.

+1

Which might get ironed out once the dedicated servers arrive.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

You play one server, you get in a bvr engagement and all of a sudden the enemy just starting to lagg like crazy. Your missiles have no chance to hit him.

You go back tac view he fly perfectly fine all time but just when you go in the bvr engagement the guy starting to lag around. How to i protect myself from this hackers?

LOL ..... :megalol:

+1

Which might get ironed out once the dedicated servers arrive.

I wish. Though I'm afraid the dedicated server has little to nothing to do with these problems, as it would essentially be standard dcs code in a nutshell to run platform independent with apparently a bunch of code left out like most prominently 3d rendering. It will still run the same simulation and same netcode, and as long as the netcode looses sync/freezes clients when the server runs code that blocks up for multiple frames it will have the same result, dedicated server or not. (two problems: code blocking in the first place and the netcode not handling it gracefully which I am guessing is why we see lagspikes when missiles launch and track during close combat in mp). Of course I expect and hope a dedicated server will improve performance, I just don't think it is going to be the magic solution. It will most of all make hosting servers significantly simpler and more affordable.

that said, I see more positive signals from ed towards multiplayer than the past few years. I still wish they would set up a dedicated and experienced team (= with team members who have successfully made networking code for more than one high-client-count large-world game) to significantly improve multiplayer performance, so we maybe one day can have servers with 100+ clients flying without people opening threads because they think there are "lag hackers" in DCS.

Unfortunately writing networking code that keeps a large amount of clients in synch with so many things happening like in dcs with every single thing requiring complex calculations both client and server side is very very far from easy and simple. The fact that ED - and I think many in this subforum will agree - has put rather little focus on this topic for years is not helping ofc.

That said in response to the OP: There is no such thing as lag-hackers. Sorry to disappoint you.

In DCS you can abuse the poor net coding.. So OP is right about it, as we all noticed it during the long multiplayer hours on Buddyspike server, for example. You just can't make the net code free of these hiccups, as long as we depend on the network latency. Probably, the future quantum computers will manage the net code much better, thanks to the entanglement effect of quantum states of particles. But that's a different story.

For now, we have to live with it.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5