Show me your mad dogfight skills (FW190D9 Version)

super_baloo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Encountered an high altitude dogfight against P-51, what is pretty unique for me on a dogfight server.

Start Altitude was around 7000 m where the Dora handling is quiet awful, and the Mustang have the upper Hand. Forget simply the O2 Valve because you never need it, was starting hypoxia in the fight quiet stressful moment.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvInBCraQ1Y[/ame]

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I remember a combat like that one I had yesterday at the ACG server :-)

I was in the p51d, and climbing above was really my advantage, until I got so invilved in the aerial dogfight that I didn't notice a 2nd supporting fw190 was approching the scene ...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

wZlguXL5JuE

Most 109 kills without mw50 ,with idle throttle and combat flaps (Because controls get locked very easy when flying fast).

I've practiced on seeing targets from great height for hours on end . It will not matter if i fly a k4 or a G2 from 1942 when booming them from far above.

Good aiming!!

But I thought 109k4 was a so crappy aeroplane, isn't it? :P

S!

I fly the 109 because it's pretty :D. Doesn't matter how bad or good it is.

If i had a pair of quality rudder pedals i think the 190 would be a more efficient "killer" . But the stiffening of the controls(a disadvantage and an advantage in my case) makes it easier to fly the 109 without rudder pedals at all.

wZlguXL5JuE

Most 109 kills without mw50 ,with idle throttle and combat flaps (Because controls get locked very easy when flying fast).

I've practiced on seeing targets from great height for hours on end . It will not matter if i fly a k4 or a G2 from 1942 when booming them from far above.

You're good mate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just out of curiosity. wonder how dora would fare in a dogfight with 109k4. Right now K4 is god like in game.
Not far from that with P-51, but Dora is the fastest low level fighter and unlike P-51 she could easily catch a careless 109.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Competent Dora would be able to stay safe from the 109. The issue is that it would take a lot of time for the Dora, because it would have to run for big portions of time, so it doesn't suit everyone to do that, but that's the way of an B&Z aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tank you :) Yes, I think the Performance of our Spit is more like the one of a Spitfire Mk. XIV. But if you fly fast the difference between the Spit and the 190 gets smaller. Also the insane roll-rate of the 190 is a big advantage.

Edited by Hemoride190