Slave CCRP munition to SPI

METEOP

I tried searching but did not came up with what I'm looking for...

I point my TGP, set SPI, slave all to SPI, then chose a CCRP munition. Easy enough so far.

If I start moving the TGP around and redefine SPI, will the CCRP munition still be slave to SPI or do I need to slave it to SPI again?

The reason is, when doing a CCRP run I need to redefine the SPI to take into account the fuse time (for example a convoy moving along a road) but I am not sure If the CCRP piper will target the adjusted SPI.

Unless you know of a better tactic?

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Once you are using the TGP and TMS up long to set the spi. You can then move the spi around with the TGP. You can see this also in the HUD, you can see the release cue line adjusting around when moving the TGP to the new position.

Try it, you should see it moving around in the HUD if your doing it correctly.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

It helps to understand that TMS Up Long does not really "set SPI". More correctly what it does is "set SPI generator".

From that moment on, until the SPI generator is changed, the SPI will be where the SPI generator is pointed at. This is true for all sensors, whether it's TGP or TAD or HUD or MAV or even STPT.

The current SPI generator is always shown in the lower left of the HUD.

Long story short, with TGP as SPI generator, you can refine the aim point just as you described.

However, as far as I know, in the real world pilots are required to drop CCRP on the active steerpoint, not on anything the TGP points at. In other words, the SPI generator needs to be STPT, and the proper waypoint needs to be the active steerpoint. This is to prevent last second, inadvertent TGP slew from accidentally dropping on friendlies/noncombatants, and also because a steerpoint is a point in 3 dimensional space, whereas TGP LOS intersection with the ground is not guaranteed to be accurate. Of course it's totally okay to Slave all to SPI (including the TGP) in order to cross-reference and double-check that the proper aimpoint is selected.

But I have to admit, when mother Russia launches a big armored offensive, I have been known to drop CBU-97s with TGP as SPI generator because I didn't feel like flying another orbit just to get all the switchology right... :music_whistling: :smartass:

It helps to understand that TMS Up Long does not really "set SPI". More correctly what it does is "set SPI generator".

From that moment on, until the SPI generator is changed, the SPI will be where the SPI generator is pointed at. This is true for all sensors, whether it's TGP or TAD or HUD or MAV or even STPT.

The current SPI generator is always shown in the lower left of the HUD.

Long story short, with TGP as SPI generator, you can refine the aim point just as you described.

However, as far as I know, in the real world pilots are required to drop CCRP on the active steerpoint, not on anything the TGP points at. In other words, the SPI generator needs to be STPT, and the proper waypoint needs to be the active steerpoint. This is to prevent last second, inadvertent TGP slew from accidentally dropping on friendlies/noncombatants, and also because a steerpoint is a point in 3 dimensional space, whereas TGP LOS intersection with the ground is not guaranteed to be accurate. Of course it's totally okay to Slave all to SPI (including the TGP) in order to cross-reference and double-check that the proper aimpoint is selected.

But I have to admit, when mother Russia launches a big armored offensive, I have been known to drop CBU-97s with TGP as SPI generator because I didn't feel like flying another orbit just to get all the switchology right... :music_whistling: :smartass:

Thank you so much Yurgon and everybody else for these amazing knowledge bits! Really apreciated.

I will be trying this out tonight, METEOP out.

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator