Mig 15bis English Manual

f86enthusiast

From Pilotmi8:

DCS: MiG-15bis Flight Manual is now available here:

http://www.belsimtek.com/download/documentation/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is there such a thing thats been translated? I've seen Mi-8 manuals translated for English speaking pilot use. Perhaps one was translated for the civilian variants flown at many airshows in English speaking countries. It'd be nice to get a head start on this treat.

UPDATE: Getting Closer but not quite there yet.

Mig-17 Fresco Manual

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/other-mechanical-systems-tech-/mig-17-flight-manual-russian-8674.html

Edited by PilotMi8

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII

Real Life Mig 15 Startup

Edited by f86enthusiast
  • Like 3

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody found anything yet? I'd like to start reading before I can work on the MiG-15's quick-guide (which will be similar to the F-86's I just did).

I'm so glad you've just stated that Charly,as the F-86 guide is superb,so one for the MiG-15 Bis wil be eagerly awaited,thanks :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Well, the guy who finds me a way to find an english manual for the MiG-15 (that won't cost me an arm and a leg) gets a free cookie! Spread the word!

Note:

The Mi-8 english manual came out 16 months after the module was released, and it is still a draft version. I wouldn't hold my breath for the Mig15 one if I were you guys.

Doesn't matter if an english version of the real-life manual exists. Lots of people I know used the real-life sabre manual for reference and it worked out fine so far.

Well... doing a manual is in my own experience much harder than meets the eye. I have the highest respect for the guys who wrote the manuals for the Mi-8, Huey, Bf.109, FW190, P-51, A-10C and the Ka-50. It must've been the hell of a job.

Edited by Charly_Owl

There will definitely be an English manual for the MiG-15bis, although as you may have guessed not ready for the public beta release. This will come with the quickstart manual (now completed and being updated) and a set of essential training missions. The full flight manual is still being produced and translated. We are making every effort to avoid a major delay with this as we had with the Mi-8 manual. ED and BST have invested in hiring more translators to this end.

In the meanwhile, the MiG-15bis product description with an overview of the simulation features and aircraft systems is now available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/mig15bis/?PAGEN_2=3

Naturally much of this content comes from the WIP flight manual.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Update: word from the team is that most of the translation work is done. However we still have editing and production work to do. This can also be time consuming, but at least I think it's safe to say we do not expect significant delays with the MiG-15bis manual.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• ED Team
Update: word from the team is that most of the translation work is done. However we still have editing and production work to do. This can also be time consuming, but at least I think it's safe to say we do not expect significant delays with the MiG-15bis manual.

good news :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Do you know many translators who are also pilots?

Or at least half-decent knowledge of technical terms..

I remember the days when english word "swapfile" was translated as something like "flipthrowfile" :doh:

Anyway, just translating text is not always enough, sometimes charts and pictures need to be edited as well which is even more time consuming..

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

great!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...