How to make JSOW/JDAM hit targets on sloped/mountain areas?

nickos86

When I try to do a "pop-up" attack and loft JDAM/JSOW to a target located on a mountain - it mostly miss with odd behavior. JSOW C or JDAM will hit short (it's like they are not even aiming for the target but rather on a point located below the target.

JSOW A will try to "terrain follow" to get to it's defined dispense height, fly over the target and won't even open.

Is there a bug in the game? Am I doing something wrong?

When I try to do a "pop-up" attack and loft JDAM/JSOW to a target located on a mountain - it mostly miss with odd behavior. JSOW C or JDAM will hit short (it's like they are not even aiming for the target but rather on a point located below the target.

JSOW A will try to "terrain follow" to get to it's defined dispense height, fly over the target and won't even open.

Is there a bug in the game? Am I doing something wrong?

Is this TOO or PP?

At some point you need to set the elevation, in PP you do this when inputting target coords.

IIRC, in TOO, there is also an option to set elevation, unless I am wrong.

In any case, incorrect elevation could explain what you are seeing.

Yeah, we need the various bearing/angle modes included (I don't think they actually work right now). Also you gotta make sure elevation is set right.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).