Lighting

toni

+1 for actually working floodlights, even if they're automatic only. Deck operations at night are nearly impossible without them.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Floodlights on the island are extensively used during night flight operations.

At least your first picture was taken with long-time exposure so it appears much brighter as it was for sure.

I'm pretty sure that there is not that much light and for a reason. You don't want to expose your ship to everybody and further more the night-vision goggles would burn out.

Just some thoughts

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

At least your first picture was taken with long-time exposure so it appears much brighter as it was for sure.

I'm pretty sure that there is not that much light and for a reason. You don't want to expose your ship to everybody and further more the night-vision goggles would burn out.

Just some thoughts

Definitely it's a long expososure shot, but in real life as seen by the human eye it's not much darker. This video is a good example of how it looks in reality.

Only in some situations, the "Darken ship" (all exterior lights extinguished) condition is active during flight ops at night.

Edited by Jafergon

Deck lightings not really a thing. It’s dark for a reason. And yes it’s super dark on a carrier at night time.

No my friend, it's not THAT dark on a carrier at night! The amber/orange floodlights are needed. It's almost impossible to taxi on the ship at night.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Just some thoughts

They don't use NVG's on deck. On Amphibious ships the night lighting is compatible with the NVG's for the yellow shirts to use. I've never used them on a CVN!

Having floodlights on the deck, as well as being able to control them, or at least set them as unit property in the editor is a must IMHO.

Totally, Perhaps either through F# menus or setup in the editor.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Jafergon and JackJack171, are you guys sure they are use all the time...even during cats and traps? How does that effect the pilots' natural night vision?

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Jafergon and JackJack171, are you guys sure they are use all the time...even during cats and traps? How does that effect the pilots' natural night vision?

Yes, at night they are used. That faint orange glow off to the right in the video just before touchdown are the island lights. The video's don't do the lighting justice. Trust me, it's there. I spent 21 years looking at them lol.