MAC (Modern Air Combat) Discussion

LCUChap2016

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2023 at 6:18 PM, hollywoodvillain said:

Plot twist, ED secretly released MAC together with BVR Productions and Baltic Dragon is going to voice Jester 3.0 with Iceman being Jell-O 🤣

Seriously though, MAC could be anything right now, in development, on-hold, name changed, evolved into an elaborate asset pack (the new 3D models discussion...). They will let us know once there is something to say.

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 2:28 PM, Gierasimov said:

Plot twist, ED secretly released MAC together with BVR Productions and Baltic Dragon is going to voice Jester 3.0 with Iceman being Jell-O 🤣

Seriously though, MAC could be anything right now, in development, on-hold, name changed, evolved into an elaborate asset pack (the new 3D models discussion...). They will let us know once there is something to say.

Depends... Do you want Regular MAC or Deluxe MAC Complete with the liquid gold cheese sauce and better elbow noodles.

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 months later...

"What Ever Happened to ‘Modern Air Combat’, Announced by Eagle Dynamics in 2018? It Was to Include 14 Flyable Aircraft Spanning Conflicts During the Korean War to the Modern Day, Expected to Launch Fall 2018." from Reddit..

Perhaps is the new models of FC3... EDn trasformed this project in this update?

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 9:57 AM, giullep said:

Perhaps is the new models of FC3... EDn trasformed this project in this update?

It has been my assumption for the last few years that the progress made with MAC would eventually bleed through to FC3 (since the FC3 models are old and ED can't afford to sell a new product with such old graphics and incorrect geometry in VR).
The textures we got now is IMO the first batch of that, and NineLine's comments on YouTube seem to confirm that we will indeed get further improvements to FC3 later on.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

With some added textures and such with FC3, I wonder if ED's proposed MAC program is not only on the back burner but has fallen off the stove.

Perhaps a community type can offer some insight other than "They are working on it, or when there is news it will be in the news letter."

Is MAC ever going to be developed?

And does anyone having a real simulator like DCS really care about getting a lesser "gaming" product? 🤣

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

2 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

And does anyone having a real simulator like DCS really care about getting a lesser "gaming" product? 🤣

Yes. I am interested in a lesser gaming product as long as it contain interesting stuffs. Coolest plane I fly is the SU 25. I would very much like a renewed fc3 module. I do not particular like the endless punching in a computer inside a computer. Not always anyway. But I am mainly in for choppers. And they got both sides analog and glass

Analogue planes are either modelled in DCS at full which doesn't mean "simple", as you know. And we're getting a bunch of them, in development now. Still not MAC or FC3 like 🤣.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Yes. I am interested in a lesser gaming product as long as it contain interesting stuffs. Coolest plane I fly is the SU 25. I would very much like a renewed fc3 module. I do not particular like the endless punching in a computer inside a computer. Not always anyway. But I am mainly in for choppers. And they got both sides analog and glass
Yeah, but wouldn't you rather have an FF SU-25A?

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yeah, but wouldn't you rather have an FF SU-25A? emoji6.png

No because clickpits is easier on analog planes. But I am realistic.  When ED find SU 25 so uninteresting that it did not get a revamp, they will not make it a full module. To me it got the nice feel of flight than any other jet I flown compared with expectation. 

No because clickpits is easier on analog planes. But I am realistic.  When ED find SU 25 so uninteresting that it did not get a revamp, they will not make it a full module. To me it got the nice feel of flight than any other jet I flown compared with expectation. 
So! You WOULD prefer FF for all the clicketyclick! That's what I gathered! Obviously clickpits are easier for analog planes. Hell, I'd say clickpits are easier anyway. Especially because you most likely can map toggles to on/off positions, which is kinda hard in the FC3 modules. While I have managed to do it for some toggles, I just have to remember to set the switch in the correct position before I start.

13 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

So! You WOULD prefer FF for all the clicketyclick! That's what I gathered! emoji6.png Obviously clickpits are easier for analog planes. Hell, I'd say clickpits are easier anyway. Especially because you most likely can map toggles to on/off positions, which is kinda hard in the FC3 modules. While I have managed to do it for some toggles, I just have to remember to set the switch in the correct position before I start. emoji4.png

No I do not prefer FF before click pit. But there is fun to be found in simulators without them. To me they are not essential. 
But I do like them

No I do not prefer FF before click pit. But there is fun to be found in simulators without them. To me they are not essential. 
But I do like them
Hmmm... FF = Full Fidelity = clickable module ≠ FC3 module. Do we agree now?

19 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

No you aren't being realistic, you're delusional here. ED doesn't work a full fidelity Su-25 not because there's a lack of interest, they don't because it's a currently operational airframe and information is classified, alike many others Eastern block birds (announced MiG-29 is a miracle mate). There're many people out there craving for a FF Su-25, don't be mistaken, and the moment it'd be feasible I'm sure they'll do it.

6 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

No you aren't being realistic, you're delusional here. ED doesn't work a full fidelity Su-25 not because there's a lack of interest, they don't because it's a currently operational airframe and information is classified, alike many others Eastern block birds (announced MiG-29 is a miracle mate). There're many people out there craving for a FF Su-25, don't be mistaken, and the moment it'd be feasible I'm sure they'll do it.

Thanks , that sound reasonable. But still it was one of fc3 planes not getting any love in latest upgrade

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Thanks , that sound reasonable. But still it was one of fc3 planes not getting any love in latest upgrade

But we don't know either if perhaps it'll come later. Hope so.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:56 PM, MAXsenna said:

Hmmm... FF = Full Fidelity = clickable module ≠ FC3 module. Do we agree now? emoji6.png

Sorry. I am a bit confused. I like full fidelity. But I like some of fc 3 modules. And I like to fly both clod and GB. I am not addicted to full fidelity. But glad DcS have it. Much easier to flip switches in game than remember all button assignments 

On 3/1/2024 at 9:23 PM, LuseKofte said:

When ED find SU 25 so uninteresting

Sorry but that's nonsense. Our friendly neighbourhood community managers at ED have stated several times they want a FF Su-25 even more than we do. But their hands are tied - at least for the moment.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

Sorry. I am a bit confused. I like full fidelity. But I like some of fc 3 modules. And I like to fly both clod and GB. I am not addicted to full fidelity. But glad DcS have it. Much easier to flip switches in game than remember all button assignments 
I guess I got confused first. Apologies! I just asked you if you wouldn't prefer an FF, full fidelity Su-25A, and you answered that clickpits were easier in analog planes. Well, clickpits are full fidelity non-FC3 planes. It doesn't really matter as we both probably want the best of both worlds, right?

On 3/1/2024 at 3:23 PM, LuseKofte said:

The SU-25T / TM External Models were already newer than the A-10A, F-15C, SU-27 and SU-33

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

46 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

The SU-25T / TM External Models were already newer than the A-10A, F-15C, SU-27 and SU-33

Be aware my posting is not meant to be a complaint against anything. I just feel full fidelity on non allied aircraft is lacking 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

ED doesn't work a full fidelity Su-25 not because there's a lack of interest, they don't because it's a currently operational airframe and information is classified, alike many others Eastern block birds (announced MiG-29 is a miracle mate).

It's less about them being classified, but rather about organizational culture of the manufacturer, it seems. Russian government is hostile to sims as a rule, but there's more to it than that. To make an aircraft module and make money for it, you need a proper agreement with the manufacturer, because DCS is close that it doesn't just depict the manufacturer's IP, but actually uses significant parts of it. You can have an unlicensed aircraft that looks like a Su-25A (although you may not be able to call it that, quite a few games shy away from it, and ED had to rename Link-16 for similar reasons), but for one that works exactly like a real Su-25A, you need to have an OK from Sukhoi. 

Incidentally, MiG-29A is also currently operational. It does not have to do with any specific government policy, but rather with the manufacturer's internal policies, further complicated by the fact that the government does also get a say. A lot of that would not even be decided by policy, but by personal decisions of a manager or a relevant public servant. We're getting MiG-29A, because ED managed to come to some sort of agreement with Mikoyan. If they can negotiate a similar agreement with Sukhoi, then Su-25A and Su-27S would be made possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LuseKofte said:

I just feel full fidelity on non allied aircraft is lacking

We all do. Sadly the circumstances won't allow that to change any time soon (with the exception of the upcoming MiG-29 - so at least we have that).

• Like 2
Spoiler

We all do. Sadly the circumstances won't allow that to change any time soon (with the exception of the upcoming MiG-29 - so at least we have that).
Amen!

• Like 1