How do I disable Engine Start Up Onscreen Text?

WillyNilly

No, he ain't lame, because he gave you the only solution to your "problem".

You could have at least mentioned that you are talking about an automatic start-up, because technically the only answer you can get is: "what text ?"

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

You need to do some work, if you want to.

For which aircraft?

Example: A-10C

Browse: "...\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts" folder.

Find: Macro_sequencies.lua

Take a backup of it.

Edit it via Notepadd++ or another good text editor.

Erase message part of the line like below;

,message = _("BATTERY - ON"),message_timeout = std_message_timeout

You must do that for each command line.

Or, there may be an option in OPTIONS page. Turn off Subtitles or something?

Cheers.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

You make a game out of a sim but don't want it to look like one. OK.

Let’s try not to be “holier than thou”...a sim, a game...there’s no difference in a person’s life.

A real military pilot could tell all kinds of stories to enthralled audiences till the day he dies... if we tried to tell a story from a flight sim/game, nobody would give a sh!t, because it’s not real. It’s entertainment.

If someone is entertained by hovering a mouse and clicking buttons, that’s fine. If someone is entertained by keyboard combinations, that’s fine. If someone doesn’t like seeing text during a routine event, that’s fine too.

It’s all good entertainment. Have fun with it.

• Like 1

Nothing holy about it. My opinion is worth as much as yours but i'm not ragging on you about it.

It's his choice to make a game out of it. I could care less how he plays. However, he needs to accept what comes with doing that. Like text on the screen.

Buzz

Or, there may be an option in OPTIONS page. Turn off Subtitles or something?

Cheers.

Yeah, I'd check this first...Uncheck "Tooltips" under Gameplay tab in settings (Options) OR if you're referring to the Training Mission Instructions, these will require editing of the missions themselves. I'd just ignore them if it's the latter case

Edited by Alphamale

...But thanks a lot for the tip, Dev! I thought those messages were hard coded :thumbup:
You're welcome my dear friend.

If Willy give a clue on aircraft? I can give a try...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

No Macro_Seq. means no auto-start for that module maybe?

Gotta love the self important ones. Not.

So if you COULD care less, then I take it you do care, but why? We are not all the same.

I work 50-60 hours each week and simply don't have the time/energy to learn all the buttons to press. I just want to kick back and enjoy it how I enjoy it. <<< Hence the willy-nilly callsign.

Good Lord... where's that Prick-Be-Gone spray?

:spam_laser:

Nothing holy about it. My opinion is worth as much as yours but i'm not ragging on you about it.

It's his choice to make a game out of it. I could care less how he plays. However, he needs to accept what comes with doing that. Like text on the screen.

Edited by WillyNilly

Gotta love the self important ones. Not.

So if you COULD care less, then I take it you do care, but why? We are not all the same.

I work 50-60 hours each week and simply don't have the time/energy to learn all the buttons to press. I just want to kick back and enjoy it how I enjoy it. <<< Hence the willy-nilly callsign.

Good Lord... where's that Prick-Be-Gone spray?

:spam_laser:

Rookie.

Buzz