Considering purchasing the Mirage

Spathiphyllum

I've been also considering to purchase it, but will have to wait till next discount sale who knows when it will be.

Won't be longer then xmas holidays. Probably before that. There isn't any dogfighter in the sim it can't win against. And it will eat the F/A-18 for lunch in a gun fight.

Won't be longer then xmas holidays. Probably before that.

ED mentioned in one of the newsletters that there won't be any sale til the end of the year. So Xmas most likely.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Well. After having this module for three days... I am not impressed.

- Countless times crashing to desktop after exiting the session using the M2000 or when after a session going back to the Mission Editor and then trying to fly again

- Crashing to desktop when dealing with the INS panel (also reported by another user, who believes it has to do with zooming onto the INS panel)

- Bombs are misaligned on pylons

At this point I pretty much regret buying the module. Let's hope this will be quickly addressed.

- Countless times crashing to desktop after exiting the session using the M2000 or when after a session going back to the Mission Editor and then trying to fly again

- Crashing to desktop when dealing with the INS panel (also reported by another user, who believes it has to do with zooming onto the INS panel)

At this point I pretty much regret buying the module. Let's hope this will be quickly addressed.

I have to test again, but I don’t remember any CTD issue with this module.

Mis-aligned bombs on pylon is a cyclic problem because ED is changing the way bombs are hanged on pylon. After that 3rd party have to adapt...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I only had 1 CTD in this plane, and it was while changing stuff in the controls page. I bought it more than a year ago :joystick:

Mis-aligned bombs on pylon is a cyclic problem because ED is changing the way bombs are hanged on pylon. After that 3rd party have to adapt...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I cant remember ever having a CTD with the Mirage, and certainly not in recent weeks/months.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I just had a CTD right after take off :lol:

But I can't say if it's because of the module.

[Edit] After analysis it seems it's DCS.

I relaunched the mission without problem. I spent a long time zooming in and out on PCN and no issue.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Apart from the Viggen, I never had a CTD in DCS - although I am new to it. But with the latest patch, the Viggen is excellent. But the Mirage crashed on me at least fifteen times and I own it for only a few days/ So it's definitely not my installation of DCS. I will keep reporting if and when the M2000C crashes on me again.

Apart from the Viggen, I never had a CTD in DCS - although I am new to it. But with the latest patch, the Viggen is excellent. But the Mirage crashed on me at least fifteen times and I own it for only a few days/ So it's definitely not my installation of DCS. I will keep reporting if and when the M2000C crashes on me again.

don't be a quiter, never had a crash from this module, had training, mission editor, no problem, lower your graphics settings, maybe you're asking too mutch from your ram :) :book:

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

don't be a quiter, never had a crash from this module, had training, mission editor, no problem, lower your graphics settings, maybe you're asking too mutch from your ram :) :book:

I have the following modules:

- BST F/A 18C

- BST F-5E

- BST MI-8

- BEST HUEY

- RAZBAM HARRIER

- HEATBLUR VIGGEN

- POLYCHOP GAZELLE

- LEATHERNECK MIG-21BIS

- ED A-10C

- ED KA-50

- ED YAK-52

All run on the same settings. No issues. Never ever. So I don't think I should lower my graphics. By the way, I have a killer machine so specifications shouldn't be a problem. But thanks for your input - and I am not gonna give up on it. Another guys reported the same crash to desktop here on the forums, so if it is happening to multiple people, I am sure RAZBAM are gonna look into it and come up with a fix. I like to modules, in general I like the Mirage, visually it's a very beautiful aircraft so I am not gonna surrender.

Edited by Spathiphyllum

It's a fighter/interceptor, if your primary criteria is a2g then you are going to be dissapointed regardless.

Even if you use it for a2a only M2000 still may feel like its lacking a bit if compared to a module like the Hornet in A2A tech features, and even to other FC3 ac.

1) Limited missile count to a maximum of 4 ( only 2 of the stations of can hold Medium range SARH 530D missiles)

2) No Contemporary Active Radar guided medium range missile to the Aim120 Amram, or R77

3) no off boresight capable IR missile or HMD ( or monacle)

that being said if its the only full fidelity frontline aircraft that the OP doesn't have, but wants to fly something new ? i suppose it is a viable purchase, and it certainly is a a very nimble dogfighter for WVR

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD