A way to switch back to desktop? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #1
artmustel

Reputation power: 1
artmustel will become famous soon enoughartmustel will become famous soon enough
Default A way to switch back to desktop?

Hello everybody! I am a newbe to DCS and there is a minor issue that puzzles me. Is there a way, when I am in game, to switch momentarily to my desktop (Windows 10) so I can check emails and other stuff like game guides without be forced to exit game? I am very sorry if this question does not belong here. Thanks!!
artmustel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:27 AM   #2
grunf

Reputation power: 11
grunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nice

The way I do it is to press ctrl-alt-del and select Task manager. After that, I can normally alt-tab in and out of DCS.
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:51 AM   #3
Chump

Reputation power: 7
Chump has a spectacular aura aboutChump has a spectacular aura aboutChump has a spectacular aura about

I keep something running in the background (text editor or browser). I find that I don't need to do the ctrl-alt-del that way, only alt-tab.
Chump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:40 AM   #4
artmustel

artmustel will become famous soon enoughartmustel will become famous soon enough

Thank you ! That worked great.
artmustel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:20 AM   #5
probad

Reputation power: 5
probad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the roughprobad is a jewel in the rough

i run dcs in borderless window mode, alt tab works fine
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #6
watermanpc

Reputation power: 6
watermanpc is a jewel in the roughwatermanpc is a jewel in the roughwatermanpc is a jewel in the roughwatermanpc is a jewel in the roughwatermanpc is a jewel in the roughwatermanpc is a jewel in the roughwatermanpc is a jewel in the roughwatermanpc is a jewel in the rough

or even simpler, just alt+enter to quit full screen mode (assuming you did alt+enter before to enter full screen mode which every body should) and then Win key
-ULTRA Weathered F-5 skin here
-Increased Heat Blur distance and quality here
watermanpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #7
ac5

Reputation power: 5
ac5 is on a distinguished road

I don't see any difference alt-enter or not, settings:full screen.
?
Graphics Card GeForce GTX 1070 8192 MB GDDR5
Monitor 30" Eizo SX 3031W @ 2560 x 1600
1 x SSD Samsung 250 GB 2 x SSD Samsung 500 GB
Windows 10 Home - 64 Anniversary Edition
CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals
ac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:27 PM   #8
razo+r

Reputation power: 11
razo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the roughrazo+r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac5 View Post
I don't see any difference alt-enter or not, settings:full screen.
?
alt enter works only if you have dcs set to a different resolution compared to your monitor
Old 02-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #9
finch

finch is on a distinguished road

How to avoid that the screen goes sleep mode? only disabling it in the control panel/power management? I have windows 8.1 and this only happen with DCS, not with Xplane, IL2, Cliffs of dover or any other sim/game

thanks and sorry for the offtopic
finch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #10
Kayos

Reputation power: 9
Kayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura aboutKayos has a spectacular aura about

No if you can figure out how to do it with it running in VR I'd like to know.
If you alt + tab out you can't use the mouse to select other screen outside the area the game is being displayed on the monitor. The confine mouse option in the settings doesn't seem to affect this either.