Regarding the new Subs in DCS - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 11:13 PM   #1
carss

Reputation power: 3
carss has a spectacular aura aboutcarss has a spectacular aura aboutcarss has a spectacular aura aboutcarss has a spectacular aura aboutcarss has a spectacular aura about
Default Regarding the new Subs in DCS

So since we have new Submarines in DCS, can the Subs have underwater capabilities and sub warfare in the near future? Possibly even open the doors for stuff like maritime patrol aircraft like the P-3 to be in DCS too.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #2
Cibit
Veteran

Reputation power: 40
Cibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to all

Did I miss something? What new submarines do you speak of? Have you links or pictures?

Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #3
Pikey

Reputation power: 28
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

It's in game, also mentioned in Silverdragons weekly videos. I think these will only be useful once 2.5 hits and transparent water with depth arrives. Though he did say the animation is present for the torpedo tubes. So you can infer what you like without an official statement, and I infer that yes submarine warfare will be a thing. Also there are sub launched missiles in games too. That will be cool. Lots of cool stuff on the way and that's just the stuff that we could guess at. (by the way, I know nothing for sure)

Whatsmore, it all fits with a Naval theme that continues. So I hope people like the water. We have programmable antishipping missiles and the Viggen, we have new subs, we have new missiles, we have new carriers on the way, we have sea with depth and transparency, we have WW2 landing craft, we have straits of Hormuz, we have an F-18C Hornet all on the way so it's time to get all wet.

Last edited by Pikey; 02-08-2017 at 08:06 AM. Reason: just couldnt hold my excitement back ...
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #4
carss

carss has a spectacular aura aboutcarss has a spectacular aura aboutcarss has a spectacular aura aboutcarss has a spectacular aura aboutcarss has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibit View Post
Did I miss something? What new submarines do you speak of? Have you links or pictures?
Haven't you seen the latest update? There are two Russian Kilo Subs, this is one of them......

I also hope we get an American sub like this too. This model here has all the animations
Old 02-08-2017, 08:45 AM   #5
Cibit
Veteran

Reputation power: 40
Cibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to allCibit is a name known to all

Sweet, ASW takes a step closer

Cibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:07 AM   #6
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 145
Grimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud of

Well that and the old model was.... errr.... ehhhh..... really really really old. Suffice to say one of them needed an update, and the Kilo was picked. Probably helped that Kilo is more modern. Donno when the Tango will get updated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oldSub.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	156838  
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Reputation power: 43
Silver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Chizh talk on the russian forum the submerged and firing capability on the Kilo 636 and 877 coming later (the 877 has animated torpedo tubes door, reload platform connector, rudders, propellers and antennas (periscopes, snorkel, radio, etc) animated.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=3908

The other Kilo 877

Actually on DCS: World has two submarine launcher anti-ship missile in use by Kilo submarines.

3M-54E Club-S

3M-54E-1 Club-S

The "main" problem of a Tango sub, if make at same level of kilo (with all animations), and implement the capability to firing anti-ship missiles submerged, can require build torpedoes (SET-65, 53-65K, USET-80) to "equalise" with the Kilo weapons (and get Kilos torpedoes and mines capabilities) but can require improvements on the DCS: W engine.

Kilo:
http://russianships.info/eng/submarines/project_877.htm
Tango:
http://russianships.info/eng/submari...oject_641b.htm

Not bad see USA / Western SSK/SSNs to "equalise" with the submarines on Caucasus / SoH <== a very good Theatre to a Kilo.

A Perspective:
Caucasus:
-Turkey:
Type 209/1200, Type 209T1/1400, Type 209T2/1400:
-Bulgarian (decomised)
Romeo (Project 633)
-Rumania
Kilo class (Project 877)
-Ukrania
Foxtrot class (Project 541) (decomised /captured by Russia)

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:17 PM   #8
BaD CrC
ED Translator

Reputation power: 30
BaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to all

There's a very good ASW script for choppers. Actually, one of the most impressive one I have seen, with temp layers, simulated sono buoys, mic array, simulated depth charge, graphs,... Don't know if you guys tried it. Of course, you never see the sub you are chasing as it is supposed to be submerged (at best you can ask the script to show its position with flares popping out of the water every second). Would be awesome indeed to have built in ASW capability (and a DCS KA-27 module, but I am dreaming here).
Old 02-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #9
carss

@Silver_Dragon: Do you think there is any chance of adding the new Kilo subs to other navys in DCS like Chinese Navy or Indian Navy. Also for American Subs, why not try the LA class attack subs?

As for Sub warfare, is there a possibility of seeing underwater expansions and features in future of DCS world? And can this possibly be implemented to the new Caucasus map?
Old 02-08-2017, 10:48 PM   #10
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 115
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by carss View Post
@Silver_Dragon: Do you think there is any chance of adding the new Kilo subs to other navys in DCS like Chinese Navy or Indian Navy. Also for American Subs, why not try the LA class attack subs?

As for Sub warfare, is there a possibility of seeing underwater expansions and features in future of DCS world? And can this possibly be implemented to the new Caucasus map?
SD does not work for ED. All he knows is what ED is telling us. I would not hold my breath for realistic sub warfare, especially in the Caucasus (since, as currently implemented, water goes underneath all of the land and there are no currents.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is online now   Reply With Quote