DCS World 1.5/2.0/NTTR Map FAQ & Discussion - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:58 PM   #11
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 86
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to SiThSpAwN

Hey guys, I appreciate the pats on the back, and I dont want to seem ungrateful, but I want to keep this thread as clean as possible so people can get any info the need as fast and clear as they can.

If you really feel the need to swell my ego, feel free to use the rep button or PM me. Thanks guys! Lets get ready to roll into a new era of DCS

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
**How to report a bug** • Visit Mudspike for more great simulation discussion and more!
Old 09-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #12
Chivas

Reputation power: 5
Chivas will become famous soon enough

I no longer have DCS installed on my system, and have been waiting for DCS World 1.5/2 before reinstalling. Will I need a basic copy of DCS installed before installing 1.5 beta, or will installing the 1.5 beta install everything?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #13
Revelation

Reputation power: 22
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
I no longer have DCS installed on my system, and have been waiting for DCS World 1.5/2 before reinstalling. Will I need a basic copy of DCS installed before installing 1.5 beta, or will installing the 1.5 beta install everything?
Installing the beta will get you up to speed in regards to 1.5. (obviously 1.5 is not out yet)

If you already have the latest release, the beta will copy over files needed and only download the what is left over.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #14
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Installing the beta will get you up to speed in regards to 1.5. (obviously 1.5 is not out yet)

If you already have the latest release, the beta will copy over files needed and only download the what is left over.
Correct, you can have just the beta install, having your release install helps make the beta install faster, but in this case, that wont help.

You will only be able to play on beta servers as well, of course when beta and release are the same like they are now, thats a non issue.

For all your off topic needs:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...32#post2474532

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
**How to report a bug** • Visit Mudspike for more great simulation discussion and more!

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 09-15-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #15
Chann3l

Reputation power: 0
Chann3l is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Correct, you can have just the beta install, having your release install helps make the beta install faster, but in this case, that wont help.

You will only be able to play on beta servers as well, of course when beta and release are the same like they are now, thats a non issue.

For all your off topic needs:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...32#post2474532
So if I just download the beta and install it to the regular release directory it will just overwrite any different files and my saves, control schemes and such will remain the same?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #16
theropod

Reputation power: 6
theropod will become famous soon enough

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...ds/world/beta/

that page shows DCS_World_OpenBeta_5 exe as downloadable, is it 1.5?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #17
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chann3l View Post
So if I just download the beta and install it to the regular release directory it will just overwrite any different files and my saves, control schemes and such will remain the same?
If you already have an install, you can tell your updater to update to open beta.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Old 09-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #18
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...ds/world/beta/

that page shows DCS_World_OpenBeta_5 exe as downloadable, is it 1.5?
No, but it will update to 1.5 when its released.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #19
theropod

Reputation power: 6
theropod will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
No, but it will update to 1.5 when its released.
I was really excited!
lets wait more
Old 09-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #20
Sciatis

Reputation power: 3
Sciatis is on a distinguished road

Hello!

EDIT: Will DCS 1.5 Open beta be coming to Steam if not will I be needing to redownload the 1.5 client in order to play it on Steam after it's official launch?

Thanks!

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."
- Lord Inquisitor Fyodor Karamazov

Last edited by Sciatis; 09-15-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
dcs 2, mod, nttr, resolution