[REPORTED]1.5.6.1938: Multiplayer crash upon player connect or disconnect - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #11
USSR_Rik
ED Team

Reputation power: 659
USSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond reputeUSSR_Rik has a reputation beyond repute

Drexx, please attach server mission (or tell your server name if public)

DCS World: Часто задаваемые вопросы

DCS World 1.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

DCS World 2.0 Open Alpha: Часто задаваемые вопросы

USSR_Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #12
Drexx

Reputation power: 1
Drexx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSR_Rik View Post
Drexx, please attach server mission (or tell your server name if public)
Server name is:
-16AGR- Dynamic Caucasus
It is up right now, btw, the scripts are luac compiled atm, and it uses a GameGUI and MOOSE library

I sent you a PM with all the files, GameGUIs, scripts and moose library I am using, in a nice dropbox link
Developer for the -=16AGR=- US East Dynamic Caucasus Server. Come in and join the fun with a fast and fully fleshed out PVP/PVE map with Sling Loading, fully fleshed out base defenses, convoys, and automated events.

Last edited by Drexx; 02-13-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Drexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #13
dimitriov

Reputation power: 6
dimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I have datas for you devs.

We organized tonight a 64 players Fr server (131st.net), with an OVH server which doesn't use a graphic card. We had the issue.

We then tried with player host (GTX1070), we hadn't the bug. But clearly this bug is a huge issue for the community. Possessing a dedicated server is very expensive (for us around 1400 Euros/year), so we really please you to fix this as fast as possible, so we can organize other massive flights in the French community !

Please tell me if you need more datas from us, we will provide them to you ASAP.

Thank you

Nicolas
dimitriov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:36 AM   #14
Drexx

My server has a AMD Radeon HD 6770M in it. I force the server to run 5fps and 3d off though.

-=my autoexec.cfg file=-
options.graphics.maxfps = 5
options.graphics.Render3D = disabled
-===============-
Developer for the -=16AGR=- US East Dynamic Caucasus Server. Come in and join the fun with a fast and fully fleshed out PVP/PVE map with Sling Loading, fully fleshed out base defenses, convoys, and automated events.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:46 AM   #15
dimitriov

Reputation power: 6
dimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the roughdimitriov is a jewel in the rough

Dang, ok...
dimitriov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #16
Drexx

No patch today guys?, still crashing the same way, everyday, 4x last night - its a real bummer - I don't want to sound like a broken record, we need a fix, its hurting my server. Definitely a major issue. (plus I cant see the tickets, so I have no idea if its been picked up, worked on, reproduced etc)

I will do everything in my power to help too, I am committed lol

Last edited by Drexx; 02-17-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #17
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 62
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Hi Drexx

ED are looking into this as high priority, but it seems to be a complicated issue.

When I have some news and if I am allowed to share it I will
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA PALIT 1080 GAME ROCK 8GB, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x1 240gb x1 120gb X1 60gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080, GAMETRIX KW-908 Jetseat
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #18
Drexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi Drexx

ED are looking into this as high priority, but it seems to be a complicated issue.

When I have some news and if I am allowed to share it I will
@BIGNEWY , @ USSR_Rik ,

I ripped my scripts apart (disabled anything to do with connect/disconnect client filter lists), and determined with a high percent, its not the scripts (want to make sure)

Ciribob just let me know about this,
Sometimes when a player connects and another player disconnects at the same time, the same playerid is handed out which will crash the server. He says this happened on blueflag and throttling was the bandaid that helped it a bit. I just setup a trap to log it in a GameGUI.lua file. Will let you know my findings (trap is timestamp logging of the onGameEvent;
--"connect", id, name
--"disconnect", ID_, name, playerSide
)

Sometimes people(blueflag, ciribob) mitigate it by throttling the incoming tcp connections outside the game, kind of above and beyond :-P (we do love this game though)

Ill let you know more if I find out more, good luck with your load testing, I will try to be there to help with it.

-Drex, aka afinegan

Last edited by Drexx; 02-21-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #19
Drexx

5 weeks, and losing players on the server.

I am resorting to saving all the assets(defense, SAM, Slingloaded items) between crashes in a table so when the server comes back up, the ground war stays the same, prob 2-3 hours of coding to get this working.....

Hope you guys are making headway or the 2.x merge is right around the corner!!!!

Last edited by Drexx; 03-10-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #20
ZHeN
Veteran

Reputation power: 61
ZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to beholdZHeN is a splendid one to behold

This thing keeps killing multiplayer... very frustrating. Best servers are suffering - blue flag, openconflict, etc... is this being looked at?