Why is new WWII damage model a big deal? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-09-2017, 11:19 PM   #21
IonIan11

Reputation power: 0
IonIan11 is on a distinguished road

I really hope either ground unit DM or aircraft AI is the next Big Thing ED works on after their current projects. I would love to see even a relatively simple damage model improvement for ground units. As in, a percentage chance of certain effects happening based on the hit location and weapon. I.e. turret hit with GAU: 40% chance crew death, 5% chance ammo explosion, 5% chance fire per bullet. Engine block hit with GAU per bullet: 20% chance engine destruction, 15% fire, 1% crew death. Engine block hit with a Vickhr missile: 95% chance engine destruction, 70% fire, 40% crew death. Direct hit anywhere with Mk. 82: 100% chance crew death, 80% fire, 50% ammo explosion. You get the rough idea.

I feel the WWII AI could use some work, too. I think three quarters of my kills against AI in my P-51 have been when the enemy decided to fly straight up when I was on their tail. In real life you normally would never do this (except for a few exemptions https://youtu.be/vuCRAXIUzkE?t=10m57s )

Just a few things at the top of my personal wishlist of new features and improvements.

Last edited by IonIan11; 02-09-2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Formatting
IonIan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:33 AM   #22
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Aircraft AI has been getting little bits of love here and there for a while now, its just slowly trickling in, possible waiting on the DM changes now. Ground unit DM would be nice as well, wont argue there, I would imagine what they are doing with aircraft can be translated to ground vehicles, I believe they even said that.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:37 AM   #23
Decibel dB

Reputation power: 4
Decibel dB has a spectacular aura aboutDecibel dB has a spectacular aura aboutDecibel dB has a spectacular aura aboutDecibel dB has a spectacular aura about

Out of curiosity, are we also talking about the visual aspect of the DM? Without the need of going "Hollywood style" we have a certain lack in this arena.
Decibel dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #24
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decibel dB View Post
Out of curiosity, are we also talking about the visual aspect of the DM? Without the need of going "Hollywood style" we have a certain lack in this arena.
I am sure the visuals are important as well.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #25
Decibel dB

Reputation power: 4
Decibel dB has a spectacular aura aboutDecibel dB has a spectacular aura aboutDecibel dB has a spectacular aura aboutDecibel dB has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I am sure the visuals are important as well.
Decibel dB is offline   Reply With Quote