F-14 Livestream by Ralfidude

Cobra847

That was among the most annoying pinball sounds I've heard in a long time.

Midly amazed you hypes guys here will stand even 10 minute fights listeing to that.

Adding to that the twitch culture.. no thanks.

Yeah he should really deactivate that stuff... we want to see the footage, not how he's getting a sub literally every 10 seconds. Don't even understand yet what the difference between that "pinball sound" thingy and the A-10 BRRRRRRRT was in that regard, but whatever.

And who's this Mike he kept mentioning BTW?

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Great video! Loved it!!! She seam every bit as hot as i hoped her to be!

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

...And who's this Mike he kept mentioning BTW?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's talking about IronMike from HB.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Mirror, this is the only time we will get to see ourselves as pilots! Cool!

However, cool might still kill us if we’re in a gunfight, but Jester also has a mirror..and its in his best interests to put the Video game down and give us his best switchedonRIOwantstostayalive stuff....and we still look cool.

Edited by flyingscotsman

Yeah he should really deactivate that stuff... we want to see the footage, not how he's getting a sub literally every 10 seconds. Don't even understand yet what the difference between that "pinball sound" thingy and the A-10 BRRRRRRRT was in that regard, but whatever.

I also very much agree. Must be getting old (I am) but when I watch an informative video I want to watch it! Not be distracted from it every 10 seconds with pointless audio or visual interruptions!

He did mention he would "turn it down" next time...how about turning it off, please?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

A quick question. After watching all his carrier landings he seemed to be unhappy with "1 wire" landings. I have no idea how carrier landings are supposed to go. Is there a specific wire that you want to hit? In that case, why?

A very quick google search provided...

"The goal of a perfect landing is to touch down such that your hook is exactly in the center of the wires. For a three-wire trap, that would be the second wire. For a four-wire trap, that would be between wires 2 and 3, with the hook then catching the 3-wire.

Catching the 1-wire implies that you were a little behind the power curve on the approach, and didn’t control your descent rate properly."

Seems to make sense.

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Any landing you can walk away from... as they say!

Nice stream Ralfi!

Didn't manage to catch it live, but that doesn't matter. Would have loved to have seen TWS Phoenix launches but hey you can't have everything. ;)

All in all great stuff. Very impressed with the module already.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

the F-15E Controls setup at 4:21 in the steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ralfi is teasing

Glad to see excitement for it. :D Unfortunately, this is not the RAZBAM module. It's a private mod.

Alpha Simulations (a former 'modding team') was working on the mod and gave it to ralfidude for testing. We were hoping for it to get far, but unfortunately, the mod dropped after the announcement of RAZBAM's SE.

A very quick google search provided...

"The goal of a perfect landing is to touch down such that your hook is exactly in the center of the wires. For a three-wire trap, that would be the second wire. For a four-wire trap, that would be between wires 2 and 3, with the hook then catching the 3-wire.

Catching the 1-wire implies that you were a little behind the power curve on the approach, and didn’t control your descent rate properly."

Seems to make sense.

And I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that catching the 1st wire is the worst of all the wires. If you dropped lower, you might have hit the fan tail. If you catch the 4th wire, any higher and you'd just bolster and have to go around, so the first wire has the least remaining margin for error.

@Dino

Indeed.

I think its basically a third wire is coming down right on the glide slope. 1st Wire is low 4th is high.

Dogfights galore! Tune in :)

Very nice stream!

The reason Ralfi's carrier landings were "shallow" is because the Stennis IFOLS is set for F/A-18C. IRL the IFLOLS is corrected for different aircraft types.

What's HT's thoughts on this, do we have to wait for the CV-59 to get correct IFOLS calibration?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Very nice stream!

The reason Ralfi's carrier landings were "shallow" is because the Stennis IFOLS is set for F/A-18C. IRL the IFLOLS is corrected for different aircraft types.

What's HT's thoughts on this, do we have to wait for the CV-59 to get correct IFOLS calibration?

the reason they were shallow was because he was at 250ft in the down wind and entered the grove at 200ft... The patterns are the same for the cat and hornet. He needed to set himself up correctly is all.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

the reason they were shallow was because he was at 250ft in the down wind and entered the grove at 200ft... The patterns are the same for the cat and hornet. He needed to set himself up correctly is all.

He's 3:rd & 4:th landing was ok, he was on the ball pretty much the whole way down from a long groove. They looked shallow to me though, compered to F-18.

Anyways, the IFOLS calibration isn't set for the F-14 on Stennis, and that creates a problem, thus my question to HT.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.