Modular Panel WIP

Blue73

I've decided to make my panels modular as well. Different system though, inspired by the fact that I used to be a gunsmith. I'll put some pictures up on a new thread when they have printed.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Happy to help mate. It's a standard 8 click position rotary switch. It does have a washer/selector so you can set the max number of steps you want. All my 3pos switches are on-off-on.

Good to get started with this, it's actually really simple to use DCS-BIOS. Took me 15mins to get a switch operating in the sim, the original dev has done a good job. I expected master/slave to be a hassle, but that turned out to be simple as well.

Great to hear and thanks again for the help, just signed up on mouser gonna get those rotaries from there and look for the correct size switches too , so many to choose from!

Regards

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Our Discord

System : 9900k 5ghz, 32GB 4166mhz Ram, 2080Ti, Hotas Warthog, Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswinds, VR + TrackIR, All Modules For DCS

ok so home from holidays and arduino is here, just having a play, quick question, do you use pull up / pull down resistors on your rotary switches / toggle switches? or just straight in.

thanks buddy

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System : 9900k 5ghz, 32GB 4166mhz Ram, 2080Ti, Hotas Warthog, Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswinds, VR + TrackIR, All Modules For DCS

Hi, Yes straight in, DCS-BIOS configures the input pins with the internal pull-up enabled. This is true for all switch types. Check out my diagram on page 22.

cheers

John

ok so home from holidays and arduino is here, just having a play, quick question, do you use pull up / pull down resistors on your rotary switches / toggle switches? or just straight in.

thanks buddy

Hi, Yes straight in, DCS-BIOS configures the input pins with the internal pull-up enabled. This is true for all switch types. Check out my diagram on page 22.

cheers

John

Thanks again John your a lifesaver!

Rich

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quick update : , within about 10 mins with dcs bios and a few breadboards i have most of it working, i see what u mean now by dcs bios makes it very simple (well basic stuff anyway). Just got to wait on mouser now to deliver my encoders and a few switches i got from amazon. Do you have the part numbers for the 3 and 2 way switches in your setup fella?

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's great news!

I source all my switches from local electronics shops, sorry the part numbers are the retailer's part numbers only.

Order yourself some Max487's so you can start working on master/slave modes. Get them from Aliexpress, way cheaper.

Quick update : , within about 10 mins with dcs bios and a few breadboards i have most of it working, i see what u mean now by dcs bios makes it very simple (well basic stuff anyway). Just got to wait on mouser now to deliver my encoders and a few switches i got from amazon. Do you have the part numbers for the 3 and 2 way switches in your setup fella?

Edited by Blue73

That's great news!

I source all my switches from local electronics shops, sorry the part numbers are the retailer's part numbers only.

Order yourself some Max487's so you can start working on master/slave modes. Get them from Akiexpress, way cheaper.

thanks buddy :)

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please send them through, I'll model it in to see how I can get it to fit.

Thanks.

Blue, I just sent you the pictures on discord, if they work for your plan one of us can share them on here.... no point in putting info on this thread if they wont work. Keep people from getting confused.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, It's been a while since my last update. I've 90% completed this module. Just printing the switch guard at the moment. Here's the CAD model. Everything works with this module including the spin LED. I'll upload the completed module shortly.

vyxGZfl.png

cheers

John

not sure how i missed the update. awesome work blue, so much detail! id say you have definitely mastered CAD now. very very impressive!

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Casper :) It's a final push to get the last of the modules completed. This one will have all LEDS including the push buttons.

not sure how i missed the update. awesome work blue, so much detail! id say you have definitely mastered CAD now. very very impressive!

Excellent. Tjsnk you. Do you have the specs for the other components you used on the board? I tried looking through the posts but no luck.

Advice for all other noobs at Fusion and Arduino. Watch Paul Mc Whorter on YouTube. He does an excellent series of tutorials on both.

Sendt fra min SM-G975F med Tapatalk

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

I did previously do a diagram of my slave board. That had the component values in there.

Excellent. Tjsnk you. Do you have the specs for the other components you used on the board? I tried looking through the posts but no luck.

Advice for all other noobs at Fusion and Arduino. Watch Paul Mc Whorter on YouTube. He does an excellent series of tutorials on both.

Sendt fra min SM-G975F med Tapatalk

Thank you all :thumbup:

Hi Arjan, yes it's painted, I raise the features by 0.4mm then paint the tops.

It’s a masterpiece! How did you make the white / yellow / black danger part? Painted?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk