DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I have a question. Is it possible make a multi freq with the same source (ex. Same AWACS with different freq to filter out comms for different flight groups?

The problem came with me flying Mig-21 and requesting picture the rest don’t like see my picture request all the time because they have data link or so on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ciribob,

I would like to ask is there anything going on with regards to improvements to the audio crackling with multiple inbound radio traffic...

I know this was a pain earlier, but it seems it still raises it's head more than enough now. So if you have two radios and simultanious traffic on both radios the transmissions degrade to unreadable regardless of whether or not the audio comes to the same ear or not.

If you need samples, let me know and we will try to arrange some for you with a friend of mine. For the longest time this has been the single greatest bugbear of the software and is holding it back quite a lot in my opinion.

Any idea what causes it, since I believe it has been "reduced"/"fixed" now a number of times, but our flying group very much experiences it every time we fly.

Thanks for the great piece of software and support to it! I really hope this can eventually be solved.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

i attempted to PM you, let me know if you got it please
Sorry no PM? SRS Discord is the best place to get me
I have a question. Is it possible make a multi freq with the same source (ex. Same AWACS with different freq to filter out comms for different flight groups?

The problem came with me flying Mig-21 and requesting picture the rest don’t like see my picture request all the time because they have data link or so on.

No if your AI awacs is on 251 and you're using that for Comms then people will hear your awacs call. I'd put awacs on a different channel and switch to that - or use expansion radios in SRS
Ciribob,

I would like to ask is there anything going on with regards to improvements to the audio crackling with multiple inbound radio traffic...

I know this was a pain earlier, but it seems it still raises it's head more than enough now. So if you have two radios and simultanious traffic on both radios the transmissions degrade to unreadable regardless of whether or not the audio comes to the same ear or not.

If you need samples, let me know and we will try to arrange some for you with a friend of mine. For the longest time this has been the single greatest bugbear of the software and is holding it back quite a lot in my opinion.

Any idea what causes it, since I believe it has been "reduced"/"fixed" now a number of times, but our flying group very much experiences it every time we fly.

Thanks for the great piece of software and support to it! I really hope this can eventually be solved.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Nothing going on as such. I've asked for samples before and not got very far so if you could that would be much appreciated!

Please could you provide a recording on the SRS discord of two simultaneous transmission - one left channel, one right with radio effects entirely off.

Generally the distortion is cause by the radio effect, you maybe find it better with that off

Thanks for the help

Discord here : https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sorry no PM? SRS Discord is the best place to get meNo if your AI awacs is on 251 and you're using that for Comms then people will hear your awacs call. I'd put awacs on a different channel and switch to that - or use expansion radios in SRS Nothing going on as such. I've asked for samples before and not got very far so if you could that would be much appreciated!

Please could you provide a recording on the SRS discord of two simultaneous transmission - one left channel, one right with radio effects entirely off.

Generally the distortion is cause by the radio effect, you maybe find it better with that off

Thanks for the help

Discord here : https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

What kind of samples are you looking for?

I did sound work on BMS IVC and could probably give you a hand. Blocking simultaneous transmission would be great, and having an active air or hiss sound when keying the mic.

You have a great product that in my opinion should be included into DCS.

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

What kind of samples are you looking for?

I did sound work on BMS IVC and could probably give you a hand. Blocking simultaneous transmission would be great, and having an active air or hiss sound when keying the mic.

You have a great product that in my opinion should be included into DCS.

I've got some great samples from sniperbob (thanks!) for the active hiss - https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/issues/236

Interested on your feedback on them as I will be integrating them at some point

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New BETA Version - 1.5.3.7

Please give this BETA a try - its fully compatible with the previous version of SRS - but the Audio Mixing has been vastly improved. Two simultaneous radio transmissions should be perfectly distinguishable with or without radio effects but looking for feedback before I release that its fully there.

Please give feedback on Discord

Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

Changelog

• Fix for crashing when window x/y position is a float
  • Fix for radio distortion / mixing issue

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE BETA RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/tag/1.5.3.7

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo & Installation

Will try tonight! I really really hope you nailed that 'feature' now Ciribob, would be a game changer if it's solved.

Thanks for your continued efforts Ciribob!

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Will test this evening... Would be a major step, if the distortion from overlapping Comms is fixed. That was the only remaining "bug". :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

As a quick test - this was how it sounded last night

This is with all radio effects on (including clipping) and most of the transmissions are coming through the left channel - with a guy piping up on the right for a second or so

I haven't done a side by side comparison yet but at least to me its pretty damn good!

As a quick test - this was how it sounded last night

This is with all radio effects on (including clipping) and most of the transmissions are coming through the left channel - with a guy piping up on the right for a second or so

I haven't done a side by side comparison yet but at least to me its pretty damn good!

Yep, that sounds perfect! No distortion, both voices with effects, nice job!

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

WHOOOHAAAAA CIRIBOB!!!

You fixed it man, 3 radios at once and no distortion at all!

We in TAW thank you soooooooooo much, this will improve our events in unbelievable ways.

I can't tell you how many transmissions got lost in the past..... hahahaha IN THE PAST YES!!!!

ALL HAIL CIRIBOB!!!!

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

Just need others to test beta and confirm it's fixed before I'll be happy :)

Just need others to test beta and confirm it's fixed before I'll be happy :)

Tested with two parallel radios and seems to be fixed for good. Great job, ciribob! :D

Shagrat

hey, my srs is fully updated and this didnt start happening until last night. but the VOIP will not connect no matter what I try.
For support: please get me on Discord. Please post the server you are trying to connect too

Likely a firewall issue

It doesn't seem like the GRCV button on the hornet radios does anything. My assumption is that it toggles the +G mode (guard monitoring), but I'm not in a position to confirm that. Is that waiting for better confirmation, or just something you hadn't gotten around to?
For the hornet I cannot read guard mode from the UFC so it's not implemented

This is a great piece of software that should be integrated in DCS.

Well done!

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Ciribob

I don't know if it has already been asked, but is a hotkey to connect posible?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Ciribob

I don't know if it has already been asked, but is a hotkey to connect posible?

Possible but I'd like to learn more about why it's needed?

Are you using VR?

I try to encourage servers to use the autoconnect as that connects automatically when you join

Ciribob

With your help on Dicord the other day, I was able to get SRS working. Sometimes the auto connect does not seem to work on Hoggit and both of my screens are covered with the game and Helios. As a work around, I now connect before I log on to the Hoggit server and that seems to work. However, if I lose contact, I have no way to get it back except to get out of the game. It would be nice if a hotkey would allow me to reconnect. No big deal, but an item on my wish list. I am not using VR.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Version 1.5.4 is out! Just noticed...

Shagrat

Ciribob

With your help on Dicord the other day, I was able to get SRS working. Sometimes the auto connect does not seem to work on Hoggit and both of my screens are covered with the game and Helios. As a work around, I now connect before I log on to the Hoggit server and that seems to work. However, if I lose contact, I have no way to get it back except to get out of the game. It would be nice if a hotkey would allow me to reconnect. No big deal, but an item on my wish list. I am not using VR.

Hoggit was missing the SRS autoconnect script for a while after re-setting up their server.

LazyBoot

Hoggit was missing the SRS autoconnect script for a while after re-setting up their server.

All this time I thought it was me doing something wrong.