Pilot Skin Color and Gender

Boneski

I will stop playing DCS until I get a properly modeled heterosexual transgender jewish vegan Chinese pilot.

:megalol::megalol::megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

My plane identifies itself as a semi Monocque plane, whereas others identify as a bi.

My pilot identifies as me. I can't see it because my eyes are on the wrong side, but I know it's me because i'm driving it. That's the beauty of not looking in the mirror, I mean, using F2 too much.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I can't imagine someone hating the political correctness craze more than I do. But I can absolutely understand why someone would like to have this. Hell! you could put your own picture in the pilot back in IL-2 Sturmovik! :D

^^^ This

Agree on all counts. :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

As I said on a similar topic in the past, I question the point, as you can't really see that much detail on a fully clothed and visored pilot, but I'm not opposed persay.

-edit

Btw, the P-51 ''Red Tails'' skin has a black guy, so I'm pretty sure it's just part of the skin, ie the pilot is not a separate model.

-edit2

This hasn't got anything to do with being PC or gender confused, stop behaving like idiots. The previous 'megathread' on this topic WAS stupid, this one is not the same sort of deal

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

dcs has been filling up with people who dont care about airplanes

time to start looking for another community

Probad,

Is it beyond your little imagination that there are actually good people in this community that LOVE fighter aircraft....and LOVE people even more?

Last time I checked, a mult-million dollar aircraft is static metal and wires until a human jumps in the loop...

But Corvinus is right... moving on.

I don't understand why it is politically correct to be wanting a pilot skin in your own skin color or gender for that matter. Just a legitimate request from the OP. Moving on ...

I think people are just on edge about it, after so much as been atempted to be shoved down people's throats. At one point I think you just enter fight back mode without stoping to consider if the request is reasonable or not.

I think people are just on edge about it, after so much as been atempted to be shoved down people's throats. At one point I think you just enter fight back mode without stoping to consider if the request is reasonable or not.

Concur. I didn't read anything political in the OP, and I tend to be one of those who reflexively fight back against political correctness.

I can't imagine someone hating the political correctness craze more than I do. But I can absolutely understand why someone would like to have this. Hell! you could put your own picture in the pilot back in IL-2 Sturmovik! :D

Now this would be awesome! I've been lobbying for pilot/flightsuit colors based on theater (e.g. desert flightsuits for PG, green for Caucasus), but being able to select the pilot graphic in the ME would be even better! This would require a revised file architecture, but I'm all for it.

I couldn't care less if the pilot model was white brown, black or yellow. Doesn't matter if its boy or girl. You know what makes the OPs statement reek of Virtue signalling PC? Its the "request" on behalf of other ethnicities and sex than their own. It wasn't "hey, I'm a dark skinned male - can we have a pilot body that looks like me" it was more like "we should have other pilot skins because at the moment they are all "White, male, middle aged" (and probably straight too).

Bring it on - but not because the "community" expects DCS to be gender and ethnically balanced. Lets stick to Combat Flight Simulation. Keep political activism away. FFS.

Edited by flybull

I'm a medium dark skinned male with a pleasing baritone voice. Can we have a pilot that looks and sounds more like me?

My wife is a light skinned female. Can we have a pilot that looks and sounds more like her?

Etc...

Edited by XtraChrisP
autocorrect fail

It would be nice to have some options in this area...

I understand that voices would be hard to do for radio comms and localization...

But it would be a nice to have where we could change the skin color of the pilot that better models diversity or at the very least a pilot model that that is full covered with gloves and maybe even a turtle neck shirt with mask and visor down with no skin showing at all.

Just and Idea.

Here's the original post, again. Actually read it.

NineLine,

Would you please delete every response in this thread...except for Boneski's original post and close this thread?

Thanks!

NineLine,

Would you please delete every response in this thread...except for Boneski's original post and close this thread?

Thanks!

So your response to those that you disagree with is to close down the conversation ? A bit childish isnt it ?

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I have made darker colour skin for a few fellas. Here's the texture if some would like it.

cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47nq5mufzaqeia1/pilot_F18.zip?dl=0

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Some one just took their bat and ball and went home from the looks of it. Buh-Bye! Nineline please disregard the request to close the thread and instead keep it open. Thanks.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

as pointed out, near impossible tell male from female that wearing a flight sight , wearing flight helmet and flight mask on anyways, making gender differentiation a fruitless endevour for a development team

Youd only see differences in facial skin color if you zoomed in close enough assuming such an option existed . BUt as pointed out were here to be flying aircraft ( the lot of us) and not admiring how we look whilst flying zoomed into the cockpit with external view.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

as pointed out, you near impossible tell male from female that wearing a flight sight , wearing flight helmet and flight mask on anyways, making gender differentiation a fruitless endevour for a development team

Youd only see differences in facial skin color if you zoomed in close enough assuming such an option existed . BUt as pointed out were here to be flying aircraft ( the lot of us) and not admiring how we look whilst flying zoomed into the cockpit with external view.

Oh , there must be quite a few of us who spend way too much time looking at ourselves :)

I recall a couple of threads bemoaning details of external helmet modeling .

Personally , i spend as little time looking at myself as possible-and with good reason :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Oh , there must be quite a few of us who spend way too much time looking at ourselves :)

Actually, people are often very self aware - even in games - because other players watch them. So it can be for others. Like helmet-textures. Can be something others see on a taxiway/runway.

It amuses me how strong peoples opinions are on a simple request like this xD Other simple requests for visual features don't get _nearly_ as much involvement by the community, often left totally uncommented :P

NineLine,

Thanks!

Dude, that's asking for censorship...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NineLine,

Thanks!

So your idea of communication is that you erase all opinions that are not compliant with yours, right? A little dictator, maybe? :smilewink:

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack