FR22 assignment of buttons to mission editor entries - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #1
TOViper

Default FR22 assignment of buttons to mission editor entries

Hi folks,

maybe its because I have overseen something somewhere, but I hardly can't figure out how this system is intended to work.

FR22 from cockpit:
Click image for larger version

Name:	FR22.png
Views:	44
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	201958

We have the following buttons in the "base" area (upper area):
A/G, B, C/F, C2, D/E, -, " ", 2, 1, H.

How do they fit to the entries of this dialog here:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ME_radio_assingment.png
Views:	52
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	201959

Any help around?
Old 01-12-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
RagnarDa
3rd Party Developer

Default FR22 assignment of buttons to mission editor entries

A to D is local air coordination channels (ie tower, approach, area etc) selected by the right rotary. The number is the same as the airfield reference number, so if the airfield has reference number 9013 then set 13 with the rotary to be able to contact the ATC. Since DCS only has one person to talk to (“ATC”) all these channels gets you to the same entity. Selecting ALLM on the rotary (”allmän” = general) switches the layer so E, F and G is selectable. IRL they where some type of ground control IIRC (I guess national?).

H is the emergency channel, similar to NATO GUARD I believe.

Special 1-3 is some type of extra channels, don’t know what they where used for IRL but it might have been communicating with ground forces or something.

Minus is the manual selector on the front panel.

The left rotary and buttons below are for contacting different flights, you can look up the number in the kneeboard.

Bugs will happen

Last edited by RagnarDa; 01-15-2019 at 07:23 AM.
RagnarDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #3
TOViper

Thanks for your very quick answer. Don't want to hold you back from bugfixing my favorite beast, but just for clarification I have to ask in more detail to get it (or not ... ) .

I think the main point what I am still not understanding is the naming of the buttons. In the mission editor the labels are E, F, G, but on the panel we find "A/G" "D/E", "C/F" ... which confuses me totally.

If I press in the A/G button (and lets assume 9013 is my home base having 13 selected with the base rotary knob), are then channels "A" and "G" open for communication (meaning that I can send/receive to/from channels "A" AND "G")? Or is it just a naming issue, and in reality only one single channel has the name "A/G"? Know what I mean ... ?

These freaking communications chapter in ALL aircraft manuals is something I normally read as the last one ... since I have some kind of "special" talent in not getting out how all works together ... and hating it most. But there is no way around in learning how this beast works

What must have you gone through while designing the model ... man ...
Old 01-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #4
rainyday

If you choose a number with Base Selector -> A, C or D. Fixed airport channels.
If you choose ALLM Base Selector -> G, F or E. These can be adjusted in the mission editor.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #5
TOViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
If you choose a number with Base Selector -> A, C or D. Fixed airport channels.
If you choose ALLM Base Selector -> G, F or E. These can be adjusted in the mission editor.

Think I got it now, thanks pal!!
Old 01-13-2019, 01:07 AM   #6
TOViper

Is it correct to say that the wingman (or wingmen) are always and only(!) listening/talking to "special channel 1"?
Old 01-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #7
grunf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOViper View Post
Is it correct to say that the wingman (or wingmen) are always and only(!) listening/talking to "special channel 1"?
Yes, channel 1 is always set to your flight frequency.
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:23 PM   #8
TOViper

Thanks guys, can be closed!