Free Map

Ercoupe

Oh, that!?!

TBS is not DCS Zaku, they said this already that whatever we see as TBS product does not relate to DCS.

Sure you can still be right in which case I shall offer you a free round of a cold one.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Whatever it is, I hope it will be an area with lots of green, hills and possibly mountains. With NTTR and SoH, I have seen enough sand already.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Sand is current topic though. I hope for Caribbean / Latin America thing

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

For a free map, my guess is islands somewhere. Look at the huge focus on Naval Air lately. And we have an upcoming Carrier module.

My guess, Spratly islands or nearby that. Fairly easy to model, just islands with airbases mainly. otherwise water. We get to use US naval air. We also have "red" carriers in the case of the Kuzenestov/Liaoning. Plus Chinese/Soviet air. Be cool if we got more AI Chinese aircraft.

North Atlantic / Arctic aerea would be great, with the NATO bases and URSS bases

+1 for no more sand....We have Persian Gulf and Syria and Afghanistan have already been announced; unless one of those will be the free map, I am hoping for a more green and tropical map as well...Southeast Asia, Caribbean, Latin America.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

71% of earths surface is water, which leaves 29% for land. Of those 29%, 33% is desert.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Id like to see GIUK gap. Mostly water with tips of Scotland, Iceland, Norway. Great for WW2 german bomber attacks, Norway campaign, cold war and modern Russia stuff and lots of room to manuveer for carrier and naval ops.

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

I think that the free map will have a lot of mountains because Wags seems to be really into mountain flying (at least based on his videos).

Himalayas maybe?

The reason why he havent announced it yet might be because of a limitation in DCS that they have to overcome (inability to make terrain that is higher than 6553,5 meters?). I mean every "standard thing" as far as I remember was announced right after or even before its development started so they are probably not sure if they can do it.

Edited by Tomas9970
typos

The free map is what everyone has always wanted and wished for, a only ocean map middle of Atlantic. Pure fleet operations, no land, nothing.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I would love to see a video of Wags reading threads like this where folks are making predictions. He has to be laughing out loud.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I have a sneaking suspicion it is Cuba up to Ft.Lauderdale. Not sure if this has been mentioned, too lazy to go through the other entries. Would love denial or confirmation

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen

Giving this some thought considering size vs. complexity, different scenario options and geo-strategic relevancy, I think the South China Sea is a likely contender.

The map could include Hainan for the Chinese "mainland" (even though it is an island), a strip of Luzon in the Pilippines (including Clark Air Base, NAS Cubi Point and Subic Bay Naval Base, but exluding the large city of Manila) a small strip of coastline for South Vietnam (including Cam Ranh Bay) and obviously the contested islands.

The theater would be of considerable playable size, with multiple airbases arranged in the center and around 3 sides of the map and offering a sizable ocean area for large scale naval operations. Yet the land mass to be modeled in the detailed area would be comparatively small, easing the production of the map. Basically only Hainan, the islands and small chunks of the South Vietnam and Luzon would be required.

The map would be attractive because it accommodates 3 major powers: China, the Soviet/Russian air and naval base at Cam Ranh Bay in Vietnam and the US air and naval bases in the Philippines. Thus allowing for a variety of historic, semi-historic and near-future scenarios.

As a free map intended to be a new signature map for DCS World, the fact that it would also target the Chinese marked might also be important.

Please look at post #6 on this thread. That's our clue right there.

+1

"His favorite place to fly a real aircraft"

To me, this has nothing to do with combat, but more to do with the joy of flying around a very scenic area.

I'm just going to take wild stab in the dark and guess it's going to be centered around Okinawa, more specifically the Okinawa Islands and Amami Islands. Two archipelagos on the border of the East China Sea and Pacific would be great for carrier operations without leaving any shore based aircraft behind due to the large airfields that are present on most of of the islands, Okinawa in particular stands out with it's three massive USMC, US Air Force and JASDF bases.

+1

"His favorite place to fly a real aircraft"

To me, this has nothing to do with combat, but more to do with the joy of flying around a very scenic area.

It will be either scenic or personal (like his hometown or something). I mean wouldn't you want to fly around your hometown?

It will be either scenic or personal (like his hometown or something). I mean wouldn't you want to fly around your hometown?

Wags lists his location as Phoenix, Arizona. Luke AFB is right outside of Phoenix, home to F-16 training, hmmm.....

Luke AFB base and Arizona would be too much like the Nellis map though, so I doubt that would be it and we don't need another training map.

The more I think about it, the more an Alaska/Bering Sea area makes sense. Alaska has some beautiful scenery and would also be an area that offers a lot of combat scenarios for both Air Force and Navy operations.

Could the first three F16 Screenshots show parts of the new terrain ?

Hmm. That is a good theory. I know one of the images was claimed to look like Syria, which we know isn't free.

These three look like Nevada Test Range.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Finally there is this one with a slight view of the Runway. Looks like it could be caucuses but the buildings are different. It's not Nevada. I think I am going to go look in game, and try to find that airfield to make sure.

EDIT: Seems like the image with the Taxi way and water is Ramat David in Israel So I doubt it is the new map.

Edited by M.Muir