Air to air combat guide F-18

Gabi_tro

Hello,

I started playin 2 weeks ago. I managed to learn the basics, I can take off, I can land and all the other stuff that doesn t imply fighting.

I started learnin about combat but it is overwhelming and I cannot find a good tutorial to learn from the begining. I need to know what every weapon does, countermeasures, tactics, radar and so on.

Can you recommend something?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/local/docs/pat-pubs/P-1276.pdf

It's still kinda light on BVR tactics. Appendix C speaks to this but I think you'll find it mainly involves being aware of what's going on, having a flexible gameplan and communicating effectively with AWACS and your wingman.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

1. Read manual.

2. Practice what you read.

3. Watch videos of others doing it.

^^^THIS^^^^

And fly single player ACM missions and set the AI skill to easy. Even in the easy setting you get your butt kicked lol.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Hello,

I started playin 2 weeks ago. I managed to learn the basics, I can take off, I can land and all the other stuff that doesn t imply fighting.

I started learnin about combat but it is overwhelming and I cannot find a good tutorial to learn from the begining. I need to know what every weapon does, countermeasures, tactics, radar and so on.

Can you recommend something?

Thanks

Hi,

On top of recommendations above I will suggest you some youtube channels that are really great for combat improvements:

-Growling sidewinder: Lots of tutorial on how to engage in BVR and close air combat

-Jabbers: very similar

-Grim reapers: On top of their great tutorial videos for the different aircrafts in DCS they have some good videos on how to employ your weapons in combat (1 vs 1 BVR tactics with ARH and SARHM)

Regards,

Hi,

On top of recommendations above I will suggest you some youtube channels that are really great for combat improvements:

-Growling sidewinder: Lots of tutorial on how to engage in BVR and close air combat

-Jabbers: very similar

-Grim reapers: On top of their great tutorial videos for the different aircrafts in DCS they have some good videos on how to employ your weapons in combat (1 vs 1 BVR tactics with ARH and SARHM)

Regards,

Another really really good one that will help you a lot is SpudKnocker https://www.youtube.com/user/Spudknocker1/videos

• 1 month later...

Squad and TacView. Do all the training missions too.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Here is a video I made a while back on the radar functions of the F-15. It won't obviously tell you how to use the Hornet's radar. However, it will give you a better understanding of how the radar works and hopefully give you a better feel of how to use radar in general. This is a 3 part series.

It breaks down what the radar is doing, how it is doing it, the differences between STT and TWS and some of the things to be aware of while using radar. Good Luck. Feel free to ask questions as you go along. There's always people here willing to help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims